Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I've never owned an apple product and I feel that I'm far enough along now that I kind of have to keep the streak going.

Welp that's my story.

:same:

I'm glad I didn't jump on that train when I was young and stupid because I feel like you'd just sunk cost your way into it forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've never bought an apple product

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

:jerkbag:

content: I'm excited for the iPhone 6 models to price-drop so I can finally get a new phone.

Same. I'm looking forward to getting the 6S.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you build your own phone you can save a lot of money and let me tell you juiceboxes are surprisingly durable

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

:same:

I'm glad I didn't jump on that train when I was young and stupid because I feel like you'd just sunk cost your way into it forever.

I do have a personal PC and I'm glad that is my primary computer since I can deal with it directly and I rely on it for video editing stuff.

Phones I really don't care about and am fine with Apple.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol the airpods.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
he actually cited space. yeah, they're gonna save soooo much space getting rid of the jack lmao

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

he actually cited space. yeah, they're gonna save soooo much space getting rid of the jack lmao

from a hardware perspective it's not an insignificant amount of space compared to the overall volume of the iphone, actually. consider the length of the jack and the internals needed to wire it into the phone itself

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I actually didn't know that, I just assumed it wasn't much at all. I appreciate the info Pod.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:h:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

:jerkbag:

content: I'm excited for the iPhone 6 models to price-drop so I can finally get a new phone.

They just announced that the 6S's going forward are going to start at 32GB and go to 128GB instead of 16/64 which is pretty cool, since the 7 is going to be 32/128/256

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

They just announced that the 6S's going forward are going to start at 32GB and go to 128GB instead of 16/64 which is pretty cool, since the 7 is going to be 32/128/256

That is really cool, thanks! Nice to see them making use of cheaper memory availability.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I need a 256gb iPhone in order to store all my anime, it's gonna look so good on that Retina HD screen xD

But yeah I agree, the fact that they still sell a 16gb iPhone SE is garbage

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

People are most likely to lie over the phone, so if you're into phones it's probably because you're a liar.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ugh apple how do you sell a new flagship iPhone in 2016 that has a 1334 x 750 resolution

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'll stop posting about apple now, thanks for not giving me too much poo poo mafia thread :)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've temped for Apple, briefly. The first time I did it was the most fantastic job I've ever had. The second time was a bullshit bait-and-switch. The difference? The first position was wholly internal. I reported to Apple employees, I did work involving Apple employees, I did my job, I hosed around on the internet, I got paid, I went home. The second position was supposedly a support gig where I'd be answering the phone to help people to check on the status of their orders but partway into the training, we're being told to start trying to upsell. Gag, hork, vomit. I don't sell poo poo.

Also, their design philosophy is annoying and based more around being a lifestyle brand than actually focusing on the end user's needs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I need a 256gb iPhone in order to store all my anime, it's gonna look so good on that Retina HD screen xD

But yeah I agree, the fact that they still sell a 16gb iPhone SE is garbage

Definitely disagree we give 16GB SE's out for most employees here because it's a work cellphone gently caress off with your higher capacity desires.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

also

bad ideas never go away

https://twitter.com/BalrogGameRoom/status/773589467336695812

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

good apple takes, everyone

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Asiina posted:

Did you give me the Patriots that you stole from me?

I think I did the trade thing right.

Yeah I agreed to the trade, not sure it went through

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
technology is bad

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MG3 posted:

Yeah I agreed to the trade, not sure it went through

Other members can vote on it and allow it or veto it, in order to prevent collusion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

technology is bad

If only your disdain for technology caused you to stop using it and by association stop posting

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

good apple takes, everyone

I don't even eat apples

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If only your disdain for technology caused you to stop using it and by association stop posting

2/10, a proper burn requires no explanation

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I need to spell it out for the luddites

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

New iPhone looks bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
airpods are the dumbest thing Apple has ever, EVER, done.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinshuno

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

So you can't charge it and listen to music at the same time?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

FANTASY FOOTBALL UPDATE:

Owners, please reply to the thread on the league page indicating how deep you want the playoffs to go this season. All 16 teams? Top eight? Somewhere in between? Your call. I'll set the numbers permanently in the very near future, so please provide your opinion.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
JakeP , making a guy on that server reminded me why I hate pvp servers.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MG3 posted:

So you can't charge it and listen to music at the same time?

you have to use bluetooth headphones if you want to listen and charge

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

still waiting for something worse than the $160 airpods

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oof, you're right. That's the worst thing.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Allen Wren posted:

FANTASY FOOTBALL UPDATE:

Owners, please reply to the thread on the league page indicating how deep you want the playoffs to go this season. All 16 teams? Top eight? Somewhere in between? Your call. I'll set the numbers permanently in the very near future, so please provide your opinion.

8, actually 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

8, actually 6

lrn2read