Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Right, but if it came out "PS4 vanilla = 30fps and PSPRO = 60fps" for FFXV that would be a seller for me

If PSPRO just means slightly crisper looking anime hair whats the point

I do not like the way that implies that slightly crisper anime hair is not a worthwhile end in and of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Thread moves fast. Did they say anything about a 60 fps Bloodborne? Cause that would actually make me consider it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fuligin posted:

Thread moves fast. Did they say anything about a 60 fps Bloodborne? Cause that would actually make me consider it.

no

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

One thing they didn't mention at the conference that's a PS4 Pro Pro, 1080p remote play

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Ahahaha no. No they did not.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Welp

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

CottonWolf posted:

I do not like the way that implies that slightly crisper anime hair is not a worthwhile end in and of itself.

Angels dancing on the head of Cloud's hair spike

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mel incase you missed in on the last page i'm sorry for sounding mad i'm not. you're cool

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Fuligin posted:

No but it's very likely in the works, since they said they were working on patches for over half a dozen first party titles. Although it really depends on whether the CPU is a huge bottleneck for that game.

Ham fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 7, 2016

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
if they had Bloodborne 60 fps in their pocket I'm pretty sure Sony would've called the console "Playstation Bloodborne 60fps" instead of calling it the Pro cause then everybody would have just agreed it is worth buying instead of worrying about UHD or whatever the gently caress

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fuligin posted:

Multiplayer games are forced to maintain framerate parity anyways so lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are they?

Bubba Smith posted:

if they had Bloodborne 60 fps in their pocket I'm pretty sure Sony would've called the console "Playstation Bloodborne 60fps" instead of calling it the Pro cause then everybody would have just agreed it is worth buying instead of worrying about UHD or whatever the gently caress

they will sell 1000x more consoles talking about call of duty and mass effect than bb though. maybe the japanese stream will focus on different games.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Real hurthling! posted:

mel incase you missed in on the last page i'm sorry for sounding mad i'm not. you're cool

No worries, thanks for the link

Now I just need to pretend I know what any of those specs mean :ohdear:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Multiplayer games are forced to maintain framerate parity anyways so lol.

I could fully see this not being the case due to pure and simple oversight.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

got out the tape measure. 55mm is the same height as current ps4.
twice the grooves in the same package. so effiecient

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

lug your pc to meet ups

Probably easier than carrying the Pro. Andrew House looked like he was gonna fall over trying to hold that thing

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I was waiting for a price-cut on PS4 slim but :smith:

Is there a benefit to buying the Slim vs original at all? Black Friday sales are always disappointing too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So when is the NX reveal?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
this is the dumbest poo poo i've ever seen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Probably easier than carrying the Pro. Andrew House looked like he was gonna fall over trying to hold that thing

7 pounds is half my arcade stick

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If the PS4K doesn’t support UHD Blu-rays, I’m really struggling to see the point of it. I mean, there are people who won’t mind the $100 upsale, but it’s pretty dumb if I’ll have to get something else to watch 4K Blu-rays.

My PlayStations have always been the ones to help me move to the next generation of media, so it’s hard to make sense of this.

What should we expect the recording/streaming functionality to be for the Pro? Same crappy streaming bitrate with 720p60 with recording disabled? That would at least be an attractive upgrade.

Alder posted:

Is there a benefit to buying the Slim vs original at all? Black Friday sales are always disappointing too.
There’s always the slim possibility that it includes non-garbage wi-fi. No point in upgrading tho. We’ll have to wait and see how it handles heat dissipation, too, and the fans might either be better or worse.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Alder posted:

Absolutely none.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

4k physical media is a dead end. xbox focused on media and failed.

Alder posted:

it is quieter and runs on less power with better wifi confirmed

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Has anyone seen the back of the Pro model yet? Does it still have the idiotic slant the regular PS4 does that prevents you from being able to see and plug in anything from an overhead view?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

mango sentinel posted:

Absolutely none.

what if i want my console to have rounded edges instead of pointy edges ?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah, considering most of us had to update our physical media collections from DVD to Blu Ray already, I cannot imagine most people are interested in yet another upgrade.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ufarn posted:

My PlayStations have always been the ones to help me move to the next generation of media, so it’s hard to make sense of this.

Physical media is dead and the future is in streaming. At least, the company that invented Blu-ray seems to think so.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

davebo posted:

Has anyone seen the back of the Pro model yet? Does it still have the idiotic slant the regular PS4 does that prevents you from being able to see and plug in anything from an overhead view?
Looks like it!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-neo-officially-revealed-as-ps4-pro-specs-relea/1100-6443352/

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Real hurthling! posted:

It also comes with the new controller. No new features other than seeing the light through the touchpad but it's likely constructed better.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MrLonghair posted:

"I'm going to fill your hoohah with goof-juice"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So HDR is the new buzz term for retards with brain damage? Good to know.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

acksplode posted:

Physical media is dead and the future is in streaming. At least, the company that invented Blu-ray seems to think so.
That's super sad, that movies are going to look like pixelated bullshit from now on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the cpu boost in pro is going to be a big deal. whenever digital foundry shows ps4 struggling vs xbox (like in hitman's fashion show scene et al.) they claim its a cpu bottle neck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ham posted:

It also comes with the new controller. No new features other than seeing the light through the touchpad but it's likely constructed better.

signal over wire is a new feature too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SUNKOS posted:

Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat & Tekken are either on or coming to PC. I don't think there's any fighting games that aren't available there?

i'm a tournament player, so i can't do the year+ long wait on guilty gear and KOF revisions :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DrNutt posted:

So HDR is the new buzz term for retards with brain damage? Good to know.

I am interested how much HDR affects input lag since it seems to be a post-processing feature on the TV. I just got a Sony 4k tv but without the HDR since the model with the lowest lag was the 810c

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ I'll bet it's the first thing all pro gamers will turn off on their tv's, completely negating one of the console's main features.

Wow, it's even on the bottom row so you have TWO ridges obstructing it! Sacrificing functionality for design in places no one will even see except when trying to plug things in. So hip!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

davebo posted:

Wow, it's even on the bottom row so you have TWO ridges obstructing it! Sacrificing functionality for design in places no one will even see except when trying to plug things in. So hip!

Playstation hit its creative zenith when it let you spin the little logo on the PS2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

davebo posted:

turn the console around

• Locked thread