Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BioEnchanted posted:

I think what they are trying and completely failing to get across is that when a woman says she was raped after being coerced into sex she is more often believed, but when a man says the same thing when the genders are reversed it's just considered "Getting laid". A few romantic comedies have mirrored this ugly side of things, most infamously in 40 days and 40 nights (In which a guy goes without masturbating for the alotted time) and when he is raped by his female friend shortly before he wins the bet, his girlfriend gets mad at him for cheating on her.

It is literally legal to rape men in quite a few places. (You might get charged with assault, if anyone actually gave a gently caress)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's a great example of how systemic patriarchal issues negatively affect men as well, but then they steer their ire towards women instead because MRAs are loving retarded.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

It is literally legal to rape men in quite a few places. (You might get charged with assault, if anyone actually gave a gently caress)

Yes. As a feminist and woman, this is horrible. We should change the laws to reflect reality - that coerced or forced sex is rape no matter who the survivor is. We can join together to end rape of all kinds, in mutual protection and support.

Edit: I know you guys know this. I just think it bears repeating.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Anti-feminist nerds always make this argument as if feminists never address it, when really feminists do address it. They just don't like that feminists don't think the root cause is women objectifying men. It's like they think unrealistic ideals for both men and women being patriarchal is impossible, everything has to be men vs women.

They seriously throw around bodybuilder physiques like He-Man and Schwarzenegger as examples of men being sexualized, it's ridiculous.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Ularg posted:

Which probably is why they made queserasera take his sick days as vacation, so they have that loop hole.

The excuse they gave was they did a study on employee sick leave usage and found out people took more sick days on those days than any other.

I try not to think about Florida too much or too often.

quote:

The "Right To Work" bill will never not be smothered in irony for me. I'm embarrassed for my home state.

:smith: :respek: :smith:

[img]m.imgur.com/PnAQ8Cb[/img]

I can't read the OSHA thread because it makes me too upset.

I can't make the photo embed. I'm the idiot on social media.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Sep 7, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
^^^always make sure to use direct links! On phone it's a bit annoying to get but it starts with http://i.imgur.com and ends in a file extension

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Maybe they mean that only women are able to call coerced sex 'rape', while men don't get the liberty to do so. It is a serious issue that a lot of people think men can't be raped, but these assholes have zero interest in actually fixing it. They just want feminists to be quiet, and keep the status quo going.

Good point.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Sep 7, 2016

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good lord, I can't wait for the day when employees of places like Wal-Mart unionize. Of course that'll probably never happen because labor unions are dicked in this country.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Today I learned that Wal-Mart calls their demerits "occurrences" like the evil big brother-esque dystopian conglomerate that they are

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Occurrences sounds way nicer than "demerits".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

belt posted:

Good lord, I can't wait for the day when employees of places like Wal-Mart unionize. Of course that'll probably never happen because labor unions are dicked in this country.

Oh, people have tried. It never goes well. Either your store gets shut down for 'repairs' or your job automates in a way that removes you as a necessity like a deli switching to pre packaged meat.

(Fact check me if needed)

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

timp posted:

Today I learned that Wal-Mart calls their demerits "occurrences" like the evil big brother-esque dystopian conglomerate that they are

I don't know if Walmart does, but every call center I've ever worked at calls them occurrences.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Occurrences sounds way nicer than "demerits".

it sounds creepy as hell to me, reminds me of that Occurrence on Owl Creek Bridge or whatever that short story was where the dude gets hanged at the end.

Also why does an occurrence have to be a bad thing? "Sorry Gary, but we can't give you the promotion because you have too many...occurrences...on your record". "Oh you mean like all those times that occurred where I was helping people and smiling and getting great customer reviews and generally doing a good job? Those occurrences?"

Plus being tardy is more of a non-occurrence isn't it? As in, "Sorry I didn't occur on time for work, boss"

ninja e: apparently this is common but somehow I'd never heard of it before. Oh well, carry on.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, people have tried. It never goes well. Either your store gets shut down for 'repairs' or your job automates in a way that removes you as a necessity like a deli switching to pre packaged meat.

(Fact check me if needed)

Hey, if it's a right to work state (most of the US), they can fire you just for trying to unionize.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RNG posted:

Hey, if it's a right to work state (most of the US), they can fire you just for trying to unionize.

I believe that the stories I'm thinking of happened in Canada and Texas(?) Not 100% sure about that.

There's also that time they ran to the FBI to spy on people trying to unionize their stores, on top of that training video that just gives blatant lies about 'unions taking a piece of your paycheck every month for who knows what reason' for example.

If there's a 'bitch about corporations' thread anywhere, I'd love to know, because I don't wanna derail this one and get LOB'd

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This topic is just really depressing. Especially since I have family that couldn't get much work in the state if they were unionized. :smith:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
It made me laugh when I got a job at a wal-mart that the employee introduction video includes a long section about why unions are evil and hurt hard working employees.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uh capitalism is #1 though, I thought that's was USA 101.

What are you, some kind of commie? :911:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, I'm gonna be the IOSM and say that I don't actually know what Right to Work and that other thing- I think it's At Will?- means.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

At-will is the less worker friendly version of the two. It's essentially "can fire for really any reason" legal protection for the employers.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Here in Florida :

quote:

Generally speaking, these laws prohibit making it a job requirement that someone be a union member -- i.e. employers can hire nonunion members (as well as union members). Florida has such a law on the books in its Constitution, which states that employees’ right to bargain collectively through a labor union shall not be denied or abridged. It should be noted that Florida's constitution also denies state employees the right to strike.

Right to work in a nutshell

Here we also are an "at will" employer

quote:

which means that you or your employer can terminate your employment relationship for a good reason, bad reason, or no reason at all. It leaves the door wide open on both sides.

So yeah we are kinda like WOOOOO :capitalism: here

thanks voldemort.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Cumslut1895 posted:

There are plenty of places where the legal definition of rape explicitly excludes men from being protected

So maybe they should be focusing on fixing that instead of making lovely image macros about how women have more rights than men

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Anti-feminist nerds always make this argument as if feminists never address it, when really feminists do address it. They just don't like that feminists don't think the root cause is women objectifying men. It's like they think unrealistic ideals for both men and women being patriarchal is impossible, everything has to be men vs women.

They seriously throw around bodybuilder physiques like He-Man and Schwarzenegger as examples of men being sexualized, it's ridiculous.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Aramek posted:

It's a great example of how systemic patriarchal issues negatively affect men as well, but then they steer their ire towards women instead because MRAs are loving retarded.

They never seem to catch that its typically is a bunch of anti-feminist dudes making those laws, not women.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/773564031198199809

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Dienes posted:

They never seem to catch that its typically is a bunch of anti-feminist dudes making those laws, not women.

I think you'll find this problem was caused by women-lead drives to extend child support, The "toxic masculinity" poo poo is a smoke screen. I'm sure women-lead activist groups will be getting on this issue any time soon (other than to suggest it's good for boys to be raped so they know what happens to women, that's already a pretty popular opinion)

For a group that claims to support self-determination for women, feminists sure do shy away from any actual punishment when a women does something as horrible as molesting a child.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I think you'll find this problem was caused by women-lead drives to extend child support, The "toxic masculinity" poo poo is a smoke screen. I'm sure women-lead activist groups will be getting on this issue any time soon (other than to suggest it's good for boys to be raped so they know what happens to women, that's already a pretty popular opinion)

For a group that claims to support self-determination for women, feminists sure do shy away from any actual punishment when a women does something as horrible as molesting a child.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RNG posted:

It's actually illegal to fire someone for trying to unionize even in at-will employment states, but the problem is that it's very easy to fire someone for "unrelated reasons"

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

This person recently bought a gun so all of the lovely image macros they love to share now randomly have guns in them.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lottery of Babylon posted:

:perfect:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Palisader posted:

This person recently bought a gun so all of the lovely image macros they love to share now randomly have guns in them.

I'll never understand quotes like that. They aren't clever, they aren't attributed to a great person. They're verbose and mundane in their message. The shallowness hurts

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boywhiz88 posted:

I'll never understand quotes like that. They aren't clever, they aren't attributed to a great person. They're verbose and mundane in their message. The shallowness hurts

Yeah but I'll loving kill you if you cross me.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Which reminds me, same person:

I don't know anything about guns, but that just seems unwise.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Palisader posted:

If you have the safety on, it's not that bad. But proper gun safety is usually an afterthought to the kind of paranoid weirdies who'd think this was a reasonable thing to do.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Palisader posted:

It's also considered "brandishing" if it was previously concealed, and is illegal.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

If you have the safety on, it's not that bad. But proper gun safety is usually an afterthought to the kind of paranoid weirdies who'd think this was a reasonable thing to do.

Glocks don't have traditional safeties.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Scarf posted:

It's also considered "brandishing" if it was previously concealed, and is illegal.

Glocks don't have traditional safeties.

Then it's an even worse idea than I thought!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
These people are all stoned out of their skulls and this discussion has been reappearing in my feed for about 2 months, though it only really just occurred to me to put it here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's actually illegal to fire someone for trying to unionize even in at-will employment states, but the problem is that it's very easy to fire someone for "unrelated reasons"

Walmart,at least, doesn't fire people for it. The close the whole store, which effectively fires everyone who might have agreed with the trouble maker as well.

It also puts the person trying to unionize in the position of being the reason all his friends are now unemployed, which is a nice extra social deterrent!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Palisader posted:

This makes me think of a car that was driving near us the other day. Glock and AR15 stickers in the window, probably illegal blackout windows, stripped make and model, and a reflective plate that I couldn't read from any angle bar one that I'm sure has to be illegal. It screamed mentally unhinged person who will flip out and kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This poo poo, man

Sometimes someone is so attractive you put up with their poo poo. I dated this absolute knock out after dumping the ex but she had a crazy ex herself who called like 50 times in a row when we were having dinner until she finally answered and told him to leave her alone. Said she would get home sometimes and he would be in her house waiting for her. He even tried to add me on facebook. I commented on a selfie once and he commented the same thing I said then kept deleting his comment and writing something else. It would pop up every day or two that she added him as a friend, one of them was deleting the other and adding back. I didn't really wanna end up stabbed or something so I stopped pursuing her. He obviously wasn't the only crazy one. I'm not so self centered as to think this is about me but god drat it.

tl;dr obviously anyone who shares the like of this is loving crazy