Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

bump_fn posted:

because i can't use the same headphones for my phone and my computer

yeah this. also i have various other 3.5mm plugs for my home stereo, a radio in my bathroom while i shower, etc. now i am gonna have to replace all that with bluetube poo poo that works bad and maybe needs batteries or charging for no real benefit. count me out of the upgrade cycle for a few years until i get around to that. i only use bluetooth in my car and it kinda sucks imo.

swim proof apple watch might be nice for triathlon training though, going to look in to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yeah this. also i have various other 3.5mm plugs for my home stereo, a radio in my bathroom while i shower, etc. now i am gonna have to replace all that with bluetube poo poo that works bad and maybe needs batteries or charging for no real benefit. count me out of the upgrade cycle for a few years until i get around to that. i only use bluetooth in my car and it kinda sucks imo.

why cant you use the adapter idgi

and why are you using 3.5mm plugs for your radio in your shower?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pissflaps posted:

why cant you use the adapter idgi

and why are you using 3.5mm plugs for your radio in your shower?

because dongles are gross, there is no benefit from replacing the lightning port with the dongle, it is an extra thing to carry around with the phone and lose or spend $29 on every 3.5mm jack around the house and leave them on the 3.5mm plug. no benefit.

and for the bathroom radio, because it is an fm radio on the counter with audio in in the back, plug in phone and listen to news podcasts, easy peasy. plug in the lightning cable and it is also all charged up after a post gym shower. now i'd have to bluetooth that or buy a dongle to charge at the same time, which sucks. standard connectors are good.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 7, 2016

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

C.H.O.M.E posted:

because dongles are gross, there is no benefit from replacing the lightning port with the dongle, it is an extra thing to carry around with the phone and lose or spend $29 on every 3.5mm jack around the house and leave them on the 3.5mm plug. no benefit.

and for the bathroom radio, because it is an fm radio with audio in in the back, easy peasy. standard connectors are good.

so you literally plug headphones into the back of an fm radio that you use int he bathroom and you expect to be taken seriously

and the dongles are $9 not $29 jesus christ

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
why do goons make everything so difficult

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pissflaps posted:

so you literally plug headphones into the back of an fm radio that you use int he bathroom and you expect to be taken seriously

you're illiterate he plugs his phone into a radio that takes standard aux in

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lemme just buy a phone I can't natively use my bang and olufsen headphones on lmao no gently caress you Tim appel is dead.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

bump_fn posted:

you're illiterate he plugs his phone into a radio that takes standard aux in

he edited his post after i replied you idiot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pissflaps posted:

why do goons make everything so difficult

i know, why does someone have to charge a phone and listen to music at the same time without spending money on $159 wireless earbuds that will disappear in an instant

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lemme just buy a phone I can't natively use my bang and olufsen headphones on lmao no gently caress you Tim appel is dead.

you can use your bang and olufsen headphones with your new iphone 7

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pissflaps posted:

there are no headphones involved. do you understand that 3.5mm jacks in the back of radios exist? it is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm plug.

and that's $9 no one needs to spend because the 3.5mm jack is a standard.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I use a bluetooth speaker in my bathroom

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
goons literally crying that their complex bathroom cabling loom will not work with the new iphone 7

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How bad would swallowing one of those earbuds be? Asking for my cats and babby niece.

Also what about shoving them up your butt

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pissflaps posted:

goons literally crying that their complex bathroom cabling loom will not work with the new iphone 7

the cabling loom looks to be simpler than

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pissflaps posted:

he edited his post after i replied you idiot

the post you quoted makes it prettty clear it is an audio input in the back of a radio i think

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

C.H.O.M.E posted:

there are no headphones involved. do you understand that 3.5mm jacks in the back of radios exist? it is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm plug.

and that's $9 no one needs to spend because the 3.5mm jack is a standard.

lol im imaginigng you hooking up your phone to your ancient bathroom speaker lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pissflaps you're a boring troll

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

C.H.O.M.E posted:

swim proof apple watch might be nice for triathlon training though, going to look in to that.

gotta get the gear

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

exploding mummy posted:

the cabling loom looks to be simpler than

yeah thats complicated as all hell lol i cant work it out

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol @ that ultra mad apple dork.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pissflaps posted:

a 3.5mm plug to 3.5mm plug is less complex than the same thing plus a useless dongle or bluetooth, c'mon you can't be serious.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pissflaps posted:

you can use your bang and olufsen headphones with your new iphone 7

Not without an additional peripheral and not while charging it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

C.H.O.M.E posted:

a 3.5mm plug to 3.5mm plug is less complex than the same thing plus a useless dongle or bluetooth, c'mon you can't be serious.

i cant believe you literally cable up your phone before having a shower do you charge it at the same time

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
courage

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
*goons stubbornly turning their bathroom into an homage to doc brown's workshop from back to the future to prove that apple has hosed up*

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

lol you loving people

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm also amused that nobody has pointed out that the lovely dongle doesn't match the new phone's glossy finish for extra design shittiness

tim is passing up another way to create more skus

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol at these apple apologists

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
something plugged into both ports on the phone? woah someone slow down here this wiring loom might catch fire it is so complex!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its the years two thousand and sixteen and someone is defending a tech company doing something manifestly dumb as poo poo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

i cant believe you literally cable up your phone before having a shower do you charge it at the same time
gotta have 100.0% battery life when you walk out the door or else you might miss precious minutes of pokemon go as the day wears on

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the hack jonny ives doesn't have steve to beat him and lock him in his cage when he does something extra stupid so this is the new apple.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

or just buy decent wireless earbuds, apple headphones have always been lovely, thats why it made sense for them to buy Beatz

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

THC posted:

gotta have 100.0% battery life when you walk out the door or else you might miss precious minutes of pokemon go as the day wears on

its more important than ever now that your headphones use way more power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

• Locked thread