Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerkface posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/773565144232099840

"You know what will be good, also not making worlds but with less pay and longer hours and zero girls"

Let's go from hating a controlling coach to one that let me do whatever I wanted to the most controlling coach.

I hope RO is willing to let him go. I think RO/a top that reads the meta/Pob/new ADC/Adrian would be a lot better come tournament time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Worlds will remember Yorick Mori.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Space Flower posted:

Worlds will remember Yorick Mori.

Yorick is not enabled for worlds.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The first episode of Legends Rising is out. So its going to be the same format as last year, one player per region. Wildturtle, Revolta, Rekkles, Chawy, Clearlove and Smeb. Really interested into the Smeb/Clearlove one. Last year Brtt had a pretty interesting story and I also believe Quickshot said Bjersen is better than Faker or something like that.

The first episode is about Rekkles, its interesting if u don't know his history but its mostly about him going to fnatic really young then leaving fnatic and come back again. Also he played Football as an amateur until he got hurt or w.e. For some reason there is a random scene of smeb and huni saying Rekkles is really good looking, it just seemed out of place lol.

2nd Episode looks like its gonna be about Clearlove.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Clearlove episode is just going to be him telling Uzi to become a pig farmer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming with that bugfix Asol will be re-enabled for worlds correct?

yikes taliyah

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 7, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Ulio posted:

For some reason there is a random scene of smeb and huni saying Rekkles is really good looking, it just seemed out of place lol.

Yeah should've been Deft saying it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Monte's team gets sold and he's banned for alleged financial ties that Riot claims exists without having any proof; FNC and G2 get "formally warned" without even denying the same thing :allears:

quote:

Further, we take into consideration that the involved parties were collaborative over the course of the investigation and did not intend to circumvent any of the rules we have in place.
Monte claims he was in full cooperation and had evidence to his innocence, but the fact that he had a lawyer with him upset Riot and they ended up punishing him almost immediately afterwards.

All in all it just looks like a petty ploy to get Badawi and Monte out of ownership because someone didn't like them.

Sexpansion posted:

Yorick is not enabled for worlds.
On one hand I think the new Yorick is the most CLG champion imaginable (Split-push forever) but on the other hand I would hope that anyone at World's would just ban it out without question for both being new and for being one part of CLG's two-trick playbook. Although it would have been funny to see CLG cheese out one or two games with Yorick

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

All in all it just looks like a petty ploy to get Badawi and Monte out of ownership because someone didn't like them.

I thought everyone reached that conclusion day one of this whol thing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Montes claims are predicated on him being too smart for Badawi to lie to him, which, lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kashuno posted:

I thought everyone reached that conclusion day one of this whol thing
Well before it looked like Riot was just insane, but now that there's a similar event and it was treated with just a formal warning it's very clear they're just spiteful. Although maybe Riot will go back and review Badawi/Monte's cases later when things settle down like they did with other perma-banned players I don't know if Monte would ever want anything to do with owning a LoL team again.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Jerkface posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/773565144232099840

"You know what will be good, also not making worlds but with less pay and longer hours and zero girls"

That's not even the dumb part. The dumb part is thinking he wouldn't get utterly poo poo on by Smeb, Ssumday, Duke et al, especially without RO there to hold his hand

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taliyah is dead :'(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Mash posted:

That's not even the dumb part. The dumb part is thinking he wouldn't get utterly poo poo on by Smeb, Ssumday, Duke et al, especially without RO there to hold his hand
Nah, I think if he had Korean coaches telling him exactly what to play and practice he could be much better. Post FNatic he seemed to just do whatever he felt like, and even when FNC were at world's it seems like he was just doing whatever and it cost FNC some serious games. He was scouted by SKT but when to Europe instead and lol if you think that Kkoma would have let him get away with playing Riven top in a finals.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Asema posted:

I still don't understand Riot's knee-jerk reaction to nerfing strong champions. It'd be much better for tinier nerfs + buffing up possible counters than just making a champion borderline stupid to play after a nerf. Also, there were some Rek'Sai nerfs which just shrinks the viable champion pool down. Gragas will probably be a first pick priority all of World's now since they didn't buff any other jungler.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Mash posted:

after the journey of Smeb i find it hard to just say Huni has zero chance to be a good player in the future, especially since he's previously shown skill

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Asema posted:

Good riddance, laning against her is cancer.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Didn't Riot say they would try to keep from springing balance changes on players right before worlds, or was I misunderstanding the quote

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

AnonSpore posted:

Didn't Riot say they would try to keep from springing balance changes on players right before worlds, or was I misunderstanding the quote

Every single patch is going to have balance changes, if for nothing else than to fix solo queue issues that arise, so I don't know how they could possibly keep that promise.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

AnonSpore posted:

They said they would try to not mess with the meta, so only minor balance changes to fix outliers (Yasuo)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Libertine posted:

Every single patch is going to have balance changes, if for nothing else than to fix solo queue issues that arise, so I don't know how they could possibly keep that promise.

Easy. Dont patch before Worlds.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the minor balance changes on these champs isn't going to change much for worlds. the big patch change was 6.15

also rek'sai losing some base armor isn't going to make her less picked than gragas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

the minor balance changes on these champs isn't going to change much for worlds. the big patch change was 6.15

also rek'sai losing some base armor isn't going to make her less picked than gragas
It would if there were more than 3 useable junglers right now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rek'sai is picked because the tiamat gives her the damage that she did not previously have and because no other jungler in the game has such a comprehensive package with free vision and gank paths that are basically only available to shaco.

edit: and CC, and a global

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

RealFoxy posted:

Nah, I think if he had Korean coaches telling him exactly what to play and practice he could be much better. Post FNatic he seemed to just do whatever he felt like, and even when FNC were at world's it seems like he was just doing whatever and it cost FNC some serious games. He was scouted by SKT but when to Europe instead and lol if you think that Kkoma would have let him get away with playing Riven top in a finals.

Yeah I can't imagine a situation where he would be able to get away with showing that kind of blatant disrespect for his Jim-Née (honorific meaning older brother) faker-sama.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rek'sai has actual the perfect kit for a jungler

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
hey all lets enforce standard lanes and then nerf every jungler who can actually gank them into the dirt because the ideal league of legends game begins with at least 18 minutes of 0-0 laning.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

rek'sai has actual the perfect kit for a jungler

You can call that lazy or bad if you want but it's the same thing they do for every champ now and hopefully they eventually get nerfed to lose the crazy pointless cruft that's just designed to give them no actual weaknesses, speaking of which look @ that avatar the last air bender Q change and yasuo finally losing his free 20 second last whisper.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Ulio posted:

The first episode of Legends Rising is out. So its going to be the same format as last year, one player per region. Wildturtle, Revolta, Rekkles, Chawy, Clearlove and Smeb. Really interested into the Smeb/Clearlove one. Last year Brtt had a pretty interesting story and I also believe Quickshot said Bjersen is better than Faker or something like that.

The first episode is about Rekkles, its interesting if u don't know his history but its mostly about him going to fnatic really young then leaving fnatic and come back again. Also he played Football as an amateur until he got hurt or w.e. For some reason there is a random scene of smeb and huni saying Rekkles is really good looking, it just seemed out of place lol.

2nd Episode looks like its gonna be about Clearlove.

Chawy hasn't even played pro League since the Spring, what the hell

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That's fairly impressive hit rate of people who aren't even going to worlds, yeah.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Work Friend Keven posted:

That's fairly impressive hit rate of people who aren't even going to worlds, yeah.

I'd watch these if they were, say, a 3 minute anime in which scarra throws an exploding grog barrel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rapidsquid you might be misreading where I said Rek'Sai is bad, but when you've got 3 viable jungle picks in any given competitive patch and two get nerfed at the same time it causes a problem. Junglers will still use Rek'Sai/Gragas because there's not much else to fall back on. Outside of the 3, the only junglers I've seen played effectively are Graves/Nidalee/Zac and Graves/Nidalee are I don't think that Gragas/Reksai were nerfed hard enough to make them priority picks anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wol posted:

I'd watch these if they were, say, a 3 minute anime in which scarra throws an exploding grog barrel
It's kind of amusing to me that through that animation in Season 3 Meteos's Zac is still his signature and the remaining pros left haven't played their signature champs in forever. Except I guess Madlife who got relegated

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whatever happened to that gragas nerf where they were going to kill him anyways? i thought that was gonna be live in this patch

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rabidsquid posted:

whatever happened to that gragas nerf where they were going to kill him anyways? i thought that was gonna be live in this patch

they can always just disable him partway through worlds again

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

I still don't understand Riot's knee-jerk reaction to nerfing strong champions. It'd be much better for tinier nerfs + buffing up possible counters than just making a champion borderline stupid to play after a nerf. Also, there were some Rek'Sai nerfs which just shrinks the viable champion pool down. Gragas will probably be a first pick priority all of World's now since they didn't buff any other jungler.

They buffed Nocturne.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Space Flower posted:

they can always just disable him partway through worlds again

the cast delay on his ult is going to be worse than disabling him, because if he's disabled he will come back eventually.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

They buffed Nocturne.
Ooo and they buffed Shen too, hope that torpedo combo shows up

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The gragas nerf was his ult. Its already on live. It feels super sluggish basically u can no longer flash e ult. Ult cast time is too long so if u spam flash u can get away from it or if u have a dash with quick cast time. Also his e's first rank has cd of 16 seconds and max rank cd is 12 seconds which was his cd at first rank before. So ya he is pretty much dead. I doubt anyone will play Gragas now. Maybe if ur mouse or keyboard is disconnected u can get hit by it in 8ms ping.

Worlds is gonna be with Reksai perma banned imo. We would see lots of junglers picking Lee because he has had some small buffs in the recent past but he gets countered by Reksai. Kicking reksai away does nothing she has tunnel and the old unborrow 2nd part of Lee q and lee does 0 dmg to u. I think red side will have to pretty much ban Reksai unless blue side team's jungler isn't a good player. U ban reksai, it opens up Elise/Nid/Graves/Lee. Gragas imo is completely garbage since the nerfs no need to play him. Maybe Ambition will play Skarner? Maybe Clearlove will try his Evelyn but very weak vs reksai due to tremor sense. Vi has seen alot more play in soloq with decent buff to her q cdr at lvl1. U can skirmish a bit better early game because u have ur q up way faster. The problem is that vi gank is very easy to dodge pre 6. Kindred has been mega nerfed so I doubt anybody plays her until Riot goes back on some of the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Gragas is trash now. I'm fairly sure vi will have a higher p/b rate at worlds than the fat man

e: oops I should've read the second half of the post above mine my bad

• Locked thread