Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Combine all the Ultra Beasts with your very own Type: Null to get the ULTIMATE CHIMERA LEGENDARY POKEMON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Ka0 posted:

Sometimes (most times) the wrong game will be on the card. Don't do it.

I didn't. It's hard to find actual reports of them on google, but what I have heard is they randomly crash, crash in the goldenrod game center and make a weird clicking noise. Yikes.

Sadly it seems like I can't get a real copy of HG\SS and if I want to play it, I'll have to use an R4 cart. And that doesn't work on my 3DS XL, so I'd have to strain my eyes looking at a tiny screen. :(

Also for whatever reason I'm often more inclined to play through games I've actually bought versus roms because I spent actual money for them.

Of course, now that I've beaten the poo poo out of Gen 6, I am still going to try and play through the main stories of the rest of them, but I'm not actually going to catch them all on any previous gens.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Into the post-game for the first time since Pokemon Ruby!

Swanna there as an HM aide, but carried the team on many occasions.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Gammatron 64 posted:

I didn't. It's hard to find actual reports of them on google, but what I have heard is they randomly crash, crash in the goldenrod game center and make a weird clicking noise. Yikes.

Sadly it seems like I can't get a real copy of HG\SS and if I want to play it, I'll have to use an R4 cart. And that doesn't work on my 3DS XL, so I'd have to strain my eyes looking at a tiny screen. :(

Also for whatever reason I'm often more inclined to play through games I've actually bought versus roms because I spent actual money for them.

Of course, now that I've beaten the poo poo out of Gen 6, I am still going to try and play through the main stories of the rest of them, but I'm not actually going to catch them all on any previous gens.

new R4s work on all 3DS systems, or at least mine does. your best bet if you get that itch to go back and play old DS games is to do what I did, get a new R4 and load it full of DS roms :yarr:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I think its pretty clear that UB-01 is just that girl in the big hat. I bet she changes like that during a full moon or something, similar to Rockruff apparently. Shes a werejellyfishultabeast. Even the pokedex info they gave with it says it moves like a young girl.

"UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl."

Either she is it or its an intentional red herring.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rather than actually being her it could be a psuedo pokemon creature that was created by the Aether foundation performing bad science, with her as the test subject. So the ultra beasts aren't actually people but weird monsters created as reflections of people they performed experiments on.

Its probably all Lusamine's fault for being a bad mom.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I'd prefer that because it means I can actually catch the drat thing. Pokemon or not, do not show me something I cant stuff in a ball and force to fight for money!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UB-01 is clearly a mystical beast from another dimension whose first contact upon arriving in the pokemon world was with Lillie due to Aether Foundation experiments or some poo poo, and immediately upon this meeting the Ultra-Beast formed a meta-physical link with the girl and based it's appearance and mannerisms in this dimension on her. Which is also why UB-01 shows up when the Protag and Hau are at the Aether Foundation because they're pals with Lillie and so it trusts them.

I mean, it's all very obvious.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 8, 2016

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Internet Kraken posted:

Rather than actually being her it could be a psuedo pokemon creature that was created by the Aether foundation performing bad science, with her as the test subject. So the ultra beasts aren't actually people but weird monsters created as reflections of people they performed experiments on.

Its probably all Lusamine's fault for being a bad mom.

Also I can't imagine Nintendo would actually have Lillie turn out to be an extradimensional creature. Also the description suggests the creature is probably not sentient, but Lillie seems to have a distinct personality. My thought is that Lillie imprinted on the thing somehow, as it is a shapeshifter.
Lusamine is definitely a terrible mother. One of her kids became a research assistant to a professor to get away from her (my theory), and the other went emo and joined a gang.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I've come to believe that Professor Sycamore's assistants were the ones who were supposed to find Zygarde but then they realized they scored a Hawaiian vacation so they decide to dump that quest on us.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Maybe the ultra beasts are this generation's trio, and each one is connected to Lillie, Lusamine, or Gladion?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Spatula City posted:

Also I can't imagine Nintendo would actually have Lillie turn out to be an extradimensional creature. Also the description suggests the creature is probably not sentient, but Lillie seems to have a distinct personality. My thought is that Lillie imprinted on the thing somehow, as it is a shapeshifter.
Lusamine is definitely a terrible mother. One of her kids became a research assistant to a professor to get away from her (my theory), and the other went emo and joined a gang.

Just continuing the proud pokemon mom tradition of kicking her kids out the instant they turn 10

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cerony posted:

I've come to believe that Professor Sycamore's assistants were the ones who were supposed to find Zygarde but then they realized they scored a Hawaiian vacation so they decide to dump that quest on us.

I'm pretty sure this is canon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spatula City posted:

the long awaited pokemon fusion is here and it has come in the form of ub-01

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cerony posted:

it's amusing that they clearly had all the stuff for pokemon z that got cancelled and they were all like "uhh poo poo stuff it in sun and moon i guess"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't wait for Alola to have 3/4 of a power plant

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

it's amusing that they clearly had all the stuff for pokemon z that got cancelled and they were all like "uhh poo poo stuff it in sun and moon i guess"

I'm pretty happy about it, because it means they're stuffing this game full of things to do. It looks like it's going to be a pretty expansive game.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
New short japanese trailer (yes, another one). Has very quick shots of a lot of things. Not much new, but there is a shot of the menu when selecting the Z-Move and a shot of selecting a Poke-HM.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I hope there's a sidequest where Bobby finds an ancient tiki idol that brings misfortune to the entire Pokemon journey.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benach posted:

New short japanese trailer (yes, another one). Has very quick shots of a lot of things. Not much new, but there is a shot of the menu when selecting the Z-Move and a shot of selecting a Poke-HM.

That looks a whole lot like tanned Oak at 1:32

In fact it is I just looked up his Japanese name

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My man Alola Oak.

Wonder if any other characters will get Alolan variants.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is Oak supposed to be younger or something? A prequel would be an interesting twist for the games.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

retirement is treating oak well

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He hit a midlife crisis, grew out his hair and decided to walk the world telling tweens not to ride their bikes indoors.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I hope many Pokemon characters are having a nice Hawaiian vacation.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am happy that many of my old pokemon friends are going on a Hawaiian vacation. Also, i'm very happy that Stoutland is one of the rideable pokemon, because he is strong and my friend.

I'm really liking the look of all the locations and stuff as well. Gen VII is gonna be extremely cool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hopeandjoy posted:

I hope many Pokemon characters are having a nice Hawaiian vacation.

I hope the reason that the gym leader cup from B2W2 didn't come back is because all of the leaders were vacationing in Alola

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I hope Oak gives us Alola versions of the gen 1 starters with their own unique z-moves just to make it two generations in a row where the gen 1 starters get in on the gimmicks and the actual starters of that gen are left out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

If instead of a regional Elite Four we get to fight all the Elite Fours on vacation I'd take it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Red with a Hawaiian shirt.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Waffleman_ posted:

Red with a Hawaiian shirt.

his pikachu evolved into alola raichu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

retirement is treating oak well

this is problematic

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder what the third box legendary will be, if we have the sun and the moon. Earth? If so would that make it Zygarde? That's kinda lazy just moving that guy from XY to S&M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The third box legendary will be the final Ultra Beast.

The true representative of the earth, humanity itself!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

The third box legendary will be the final Ultra Beast.

The true representative of the earth, humanity itself!

humans... are pokemon?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Lusamine seemed pretty surprised at seeing UB-01. I doubt the Aether Foundation's involvement with Ultra Beasts is that shady or crazy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Benach posted:

I really like that music.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also looking around the internet that is indeed Oak (his name translates to Ookido which I think is Oak's japanese name)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I wonder what the third box legendary will be, if we have the sun and the moon. Earth? If so would that make it Zygarde? That's kinda lazy just moving that guy from XY to S&M

There will be no third box legendary. Instead we will get Sun and Moon 2 with some brand new legendaries!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

humans... are pokemon?

It would honestly be weird if they weren't.