Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

atomicthumbs posted:

my logitech h800s sound nice, have 6 hours of battery life, cost $60 new, can connect to any device with the industry standard wireless connection (Bluetooth) or with any mac or PC via a USB dongle, can be charged with the industry standard wired connection (micro-USB), and they don't fall off my loving head down a sewer grate

loving :lol: if you walk around in public wearing these

Nonsense posted:

Sorry but spotify is twitter. I personally pay the owner of twitter before I tweet, and spotify has never convinced me to do that.

What? Spotify is the leader in music streaming in every measurable way. Twitter is dying and hemorrhaging money.

Spotify is Netflix, Apple Music is Amazon Prime video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Um, Amazon Prime video actually owns.

Spotifys app is complete and utter trash.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spotify app is horrible. It has some nice features but there's no way it'll be able to compete in the long run. They make no money

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I also don't see the issue with the new music app. The UI is not "beautiful" but it's no longer irritating to pick stuff on the screen because things are sized properly now. I dumped Spotify awhile back when they started pushing into privacy invading mode. No clue what they're doing now, don't care either.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I bought a bluetooth speaker, but it wasn't a Beats Pill, sorry Mr.Young. I'm sure it will work great with the new iPhone 7+ in Jet Black.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

What are the odds of another apple event this year? Don't they usually have one more event?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
a lot of people were saying Macs might come in october. ideally they'll only have one port and it'll be USB-C

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

badjohny posted:

What are the odds of another apple event this year? Don't they usually have one more event?

They've had computer events in October, as I remember the 2011 MBA was revealed then.

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Sort of surprised at the lack of a new screen resolution or OLED or something. It's not really needed since the current screen is pretty great but I thought for sure they would change something about the screen.

If the leaks being mostly correct are anything to go by, since the no headphone jack was rumored since the 6s keynote last year, the next phone will have OLED.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 8, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

prom candy posted:

a lot of people were saying Macs might come in october. ideally they'll only have one port and it'll be USB-C

hell yeah, my skylake MB owns.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Sort of surprised at the lack of a new screen resolution or OLED or something. It's not really needed since the current screen is pretty great but I thought for sure they would change something about the screen.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

TBeats posted:

that's 39 million paid subscribers.

counting free users, there are about 100 million spofity users

Mea culpa.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

prom candy posted:

this is already true for the MacBook retina and would be loving stupid for the pros

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

But we've got that "wide colour gamut" now :lol:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Spotify app is horrible. It has some nice features but there's no way it'll be able to compete in the long run. They make no money

They're gonna be bought by google

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I hope they just wait for Kaby Lake

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Dubstep Jesus posted:

this is already true for the MacBook retina and would be loving stupid for the pros

You don't need those ports 99% of the time. Do it apple, eliminate all the ports.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
ive had spotify premium for like 3 years now but when the mood strikes and i wanna listen to taylor swift...:negative:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I plug 5 separate things into my MBP when I get to work every morning (power, network, monitor, 3.5mm, USB keyboard). I'm living in the past I guess.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

prom candy posted:

I plug 5 separate things into my MBP when I get to work every morning (power, network, monitor, 3.5mm, USB keyboard). I'm living in the past I guess.

You can still do that with1 USB port except you only have to plug in one wire.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I use my MBP for video work and every port except the 3.5 is used

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/BenBajarin/status/773626401039671296

Yeah, I'm not touching the piano black.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

ive had spotify premium for like 3 years now but when the mood strikes and i wanna listen to taylor swift...:negative:

This is me in a nutshell. It sucks but we shouldn't blame Spotify, that's Tay being kind of a bitch.

I am kind of a Spotify evangelist. I pay for Spotify for me, my gf, a friend, and my parents. Spotify dynamic playlists and Discover Weekly are loving great.

Does Apple Music have anything similar? Also does Apple Music have lyrics? I got real mad when Spotify removed their lyrics option.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

drat it already has scuff marks on it.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

drat it already has scuff marks on it.

wait, are those really scratches already? drat.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

prom candy posted:

No, it's just for every one of you there are 100 college kids who plug in nothing but power and a flash drive every once in a while.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

drat I think I like the flat black better.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

fourwood posted:

No, it's just for every one of you there are 100 college kids who plug in nothing but power and a flash drive every once in a while.

I think I liked it better when I was young and companies cared about me. I feel like I'm slowly turning into the target demographic for windows phone belt clips.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

wait, are those really scratches already? drat.

Scratchgate begins.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I want wireless charging in my laptops.

Some kind of contact induction version of a USB drive would be cool, too. Or like, a MagSafe version of a USB-C port, so there isn't really a thing plugging in, you know?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The whole color thing is a scam anyways who doesn't use a case?

I have a friend who works for Apple corporate, he started using his 6+ without a case. I said hey, you're loving retarded and you're going to break that thing in two seconds what the hell is wrong with you.

He broke it like 3 days later and got a new one right away so I wouldn't notice, but it was a corp unit so it has a numerical code burned in at the bottom in tiny print which was immediately noticable. Think I wouldn't notice bitch??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Taima posted:

This is me in a nutshell. It sucks but we shouldn't blame Spotify, that's Tay being kind of a bitch.

I am kind of a Spotify evangelist. I pay for Spotify for me, my gf, a friend, and my parents. Spotify dynamic playlists and Discover Weekly are loving great.

Does Apple Music have anything similar? Also does Apple Music have lyrics? I got real mad when Spotify removed their lyrics option.

iOS 10 adds a weekly "My New Music" playlist and there's lyrics, though I'm not sure they were there in iOS 9.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any mention of tVOS release date?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Feenix posted:

Any mention of tVOS release date?
Probably the same day as iOS.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

LmaoTheKid posted:

You don't need those ports 99% of the time. Do it apple, eliminate all the ports.

I got a Retina MacBook and was totally ready for the whole one USB-C port to be a total pain in the rear end. It's actually quite the opposite, the battery lasts so long I basically just charge it at night or when I'm not using it, and when I actually do need to use any other ports I just plug in this dongle thing. I keep all my other junk just always plugged in to the dongle so I can effectively "dock" my MacBook with one wire. What I initially thought was going to be a massive hassle I actually ended up liking quite a bit. I never would have expected that.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

io_burn posted:

I got a Retina MacBook and was totally ready for the whole one USB-C port to be a total pain in the rear end. It's actually quite the opposite, the battery lasts so long I basically just charge it at night or when I'm not using it, and when I actually do need to use any other ports I just plug in this dongle thing. I keep all my other junk just always plugged in to the dongle so I can effectively "dock" my MacBook with one wire. What I initially thought was going to be a massive hassle I actually ended up liking quite a bit. I never would have expected that.

Yep! It loving owns and it's so small and light too.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The new wireless earphones look okay. Will they work with Android phones? Or did apple decide to go special snowflake and break compatibility?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Lightning is a daisy chain protocol, not a hub so you'll have to get headphones that have a lightning line-in

Do you have any more details on this? Could a charger and headphone port dongle just not exist at all? Or would it need to be a real weird set of headphones that you end up plugging your power cord into?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nitrousoxide posted:

The new wireless earphones look okay. Will they work with Android phones? Or did apple decide to go special snowflake and break compatibility?

introducting iOtooth!

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

quote:

Whenever you pull your AirPods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac.(1)

quote:

(1) Requires an iCloud account, and macOS Sierra, iOS 10 or watchOS 3.

I need an iCloud account to connect a pair of earbuds to my computer...

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Silver95280 posted:

I need an iCloud account to connect a pair of earbuds to my computer...

What?

Welcome to the future.

• Locked thread