Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Phantasium posted:

It's more like they made jokes about it, that doesn't mean they actually condone murder.

You know Woolie didn't actually murder a guy, right?
I know no such thing Sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The thing about the Jojo game plot that gets me is that they talk about the fact that Dio's body is already destroyed in this world... While the characters are in the 1930's era. It doesn't occur to the characters in the game, or even Woolie or Pat, that there is a Dio corpse sitting on the bottom of the ocean right now

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

The thing about the Jojo game plot that gets me is that they talk about the fact that Dio's body is already destroyed in this world... While the characters are in the 1930's era. It doesn't occur to the characters in the game, or even Woolie or Pat, that there is a Dio corpse sitting on the bottom of the ocean right now

Because they didn't model a stage where DIO is being scavenged. And it's not like he was dead, the second they pull him up he escapes and now the game has another loving Dio.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

"It's not a work of art, it's not Berserk."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see nothing wrong with this sentence.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are you about to argue that AoT is as good as Berserk

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nope I just thought it was funny

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's less rape, so it's got that going for it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'll argue it because Berserk does nothing for me

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

There's less rape, so it's got that going for it.

And AoT may be slow paced but they at least didn't spend 9 years on a boat. And then immediately go back on (an admittedly shorter) hiatus once they got off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Dio detached his head from his body because Jonathan punched a ton of Hamon into it. I doubt there's any body left.

Also, that was back when they fought in that manor Dio was using as a base.

What they should be asking is if throwing Jonathan at Dio, Out to Lunch would destroy most of him and all of the other Joestars excluding Gappy and Johnny.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
AoT isn't great

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Anime is bad.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Phantasium posted:

Because they didn't model a stage where DIO is being scavenged. And it's not like he was dead, the second they pull him up he escapes and now the game has another loving Dio.

I mean, yeah, that first part is the obvious reason but it's still a pretty big plothole. And they have like 30 different stand users with them right now, I'm sure they could figure out a way to subdue a standless Dio

RareAcumen posted:

Dio detached his head from his body because Jonathan punched a ton of Hamon into it. I doubt there's any body left.

Also, that was back when they fought in that manor Dio was using as a base.

What they should be asking is if throwing Jonathan at Dio, Out to Lunch would destroy most of him and all of the other Joestars excluding Gappy and Johnny.

The corpse inside the coffin is Jonathon's body, it's not just Dio's head down there.

Obviously I never expected this game to have good writing but it's just lame that the game doesn't even try to hand wave it and funny that it hasn't occurred to Woolie and Pat as of that video at least

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
King Crimson assaulting Playstation Experience is the best thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

yo where my fisticuffs at

gently caress you for bringing another saltybet into the fold

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Saltybet is consistently the most watchable of the 3, though it lacks the true highs of Scrublords.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

I mean, yeah, that first part is the obvious reason but it's still a pretty big plothole. And they have like 30 different stand users with them right now, I'm sure they could figure out a way to subdue a standless Dio

I don't even care about them being able to defeat another Dio, it's that they would have to fight another Dio.

The game is boring enough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

I don't even care about them being able to defeat another Dio, it's that they would have to fight another Dio.

The game is boring enough.

You really don't want to see all the Jojos ping ponging a DIO around for ten minutes?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ya'll motherfuckers don't even realize you've already seen the best part of the game.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I know Stardust Crusaders is the part that took off (hell, the OVAs brought me into watching/reading Jojo) but I'm not really into DIO that much as a villain. Although the big fight is way worse, he's much more interesting to me in Part 1 where he has an arc and ups and downs. I also liked Diego more for not just being a retread. The ending fight of 3 is amazing stuff, but I've enjoyed 4, 6, 7 and 8 so much for doing different stuff.

On top of it being DIO again, the stuff that's going on is pretty rote. I wish the game played with crossover ideas more. Like an entire bit where Johnny is going around getting all the healers to try and fix his legs.

Rodyle posted:

Saltybet is consistently the most watchable of the 3, though it lacks the true highs of Scrublords.

Although I agree they're really strong videos, the audio sync issues really drain a lot of the entertainment out of them for me. I think they've since fixed that, though?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CaptainFish posted:

I know Stardust Crusaders is the part that took off but I'm not really into DIO that much as a villain.

Pretty much. Like he's a fun villain for what he does, but guys like Kira, Pucci and Valentine just bring a lot more to their whole shticks and end up more interesting for me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm glad Woolie found his strategy for SaltyBet and it paid off splendidly for him

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty much. Like he's a fun villain for what he does, but guys like Kira, Pucci and Valentine just bring a lot more to their whole shticks and end up more interesting for me.

Dio's VA really sells him though. He's is chewing the gently caress out of the scenery and I love him for it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

Saltybet is good tho

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Monaghan posted:

Dio's VA really sells him though. He's is chewing the gently caress out of the scenery and I love him for it.

He's been waiting to be Dio's VA for so drat long and it shows.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

gently caress yeah, saltybet!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm glad Woolie found his strategy for SaltyBet and it paid off splendidly for him
Yeah, it consistently working for him was fantastic

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Saltybet is good tho

Have they figured out how betting works yet?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
If killing DIO removes Holy's stand (b/c of the Joestar lineage) why doesn't it remove Hermit Purple and Star Platinum as well?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DumbparameciuM posted:

If killing DIO removes Holy's stand (b/c of the Joestar lineage) why doesn't it remove Hermit Purple and Star Platinum as well?

Because every other Joestar has the Spiritual Strength to survive and maintain their stand independent of DIO

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

DumbparameciuM posted:

Does it actually remove it though? I thought it just stopped it from going crazy and killing her.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Joshuu and Gappy's team up is amazing. Also, I like how goofy Joshuu's animations and movements are.

Also, Bruno is super cool, shut up.

CaptainFish fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 8, 2016

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Neo_Crimson posted:

Does it actually remove it though? I thought it just stopped it from going crazy and killing her.

It would have to remove it, unless killing DIO somehow gives Holy

Improbable Lobster posted:

... the Spiritual Strength to survive and maintain their stand...

I always thought it was a hint to the common folklore trope wherein killing the origin of the agent of a curse (e.g. the Alpha for werewolves) would cure those afflicted by said curse. Not that I mind, because more Jotaro. Maybe it's just fridge logic on my part.
e: Do you think we'll get a Let's Watch of the PS4 Pro Reveal? \/\/ Thanks!

DPM fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 8, 2016

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

DumbparameciuM posted:

Do you think we'll get a Let's Watch of the PS4 Pro Reveal?

Yeah. It's up on their twitch archive.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

cant wait to be watching saltybet episode fourteen before they play a trash game like second encore right guys

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cut fisticuffs, all scrublords are back-to-back recorded double features, keep trying to figure out bets on saltybets and put best friends brawls on fisticuffs' slots.

Anyway, the way pat said 4:20 on matts mustard story killed me
everything about the boat tales own but the watr bs is magical

I am crying, matt givingvup was so amazing, what a hero

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 8, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

latest jojo: Pat you uh might wanna hold judgment on "making stuff soft" being lame

part 8 disagrees in very strong terms

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yinlock posted:

latest jojo: Pat you uh might wanna hold judgment on "making stuff soft" being lame

part 8 disagrees in very strong terms

Yeah, I haven't even finished part 6 yet and even I don't think that's a lame power.

Personally, I'm less impressed with Hermes' thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man this loving command mission video

PLEASE CALL IT MEGAMAN DOT EE ECKS EE NOT BATTLE NETWORK

Woolie you're such a goddamn weeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh man this loving command mission video

PLEASE CALL IT MEGAMAN DOT EE ECKS EE NOT BATTLE NETWORK

Woolie you're such a goddamn weeb

He's not even good at weebing it up since the proper way to do it would be "Call it Rockman.exe!" :v:

Also he's completely wrong about Vile since X wasn't an S-class hunter from the get-go but whatever. At this point I'm sort of desensitized to Woolie getting things completely wrong. Memory's a bitch.