Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

an AOL chatroom posted:

He also jumped onto the Automotive Insanity thread where people were doing parody movie car posters, took the idea, and started selling posters done up in that style with just enough details changed to (presumedly) avoid trademark infringement. I suppose well within his right, but I always thought it was kind of tacky of him.

Oh this motherfucker. Yeah.

Had no idea he overheated in Arizona. God drat Cooling System.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mr. 47 posted:

If I remember correctly, the whole point was to get to Orlando, Florida, where he would take over his father's business.

Ultimately, it turned out that the business was a stump grinding service, and consisted essentially of a guy with a stump grinder.

He ended up making it to Florida by car, much to the confusion of the people who had donated some $2000 to his journey. We were reading about angry donators and demands of refunds when he realized goons were reporting the news from his FB and he closed it off.

There was a great comment from a donator when he declared he would be driving. Something along the lines of, " I don't understand. I thought you were walking???"

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Walking Goon also was angry when he ditched his stroller because he'd covered it with hashtags about his efforts. Now, in his mind , without that signage, people would think he was just another hiker.
He also wrote a glorious description of standing wrapped in a blanket gazing at the scenery and imagining that people were wondering why he was so sad and deep and alone in his humanity.
Poor dude.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
muerte I believe, who still occasionally posts until someone recognizes him and the goonpile commences.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If he hadn't been so dismissive and condescending towards people genuinely pleading with him to take good advice, it wouldn't be so schadenfreudey. The story of Icarus, played out in real time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Uncle Salty posted:

Walking Goon also was angry when he ditched his stroller because he'd covered it with hashtags about his efforts. Now, in his mind , without that signage, people would think he was just another hiker.
He also wrote a glorious description of standing wrapped in a blanket gazing at the scenery and imagining that people were wondering why he was so sad and deep and alone in his humanity.
Poor dude.

I want to say someone in the thread drew fanart of this, him sitting at the top of a hill in a ranger station wrapped in a blanket feebly eating raisins, as people hiked through the park and happy couples sat on picnic blankets below him.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that time when I saw the picture of the pig that pooped on its own massive testicles

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Das Boo posted:

If he hadn't been so dismissive and condescending towards people genuinely pleading with him to take good advice, it wouldn't be so schadenfreudey. The story of Icarus, played out in real time.

Sounds like a variant of "the goon in the well."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it where's the Walking Goon thread?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

God drat it where's the Walking Goon thread?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e: lmao I forgot he just planned to sort of camp just off the road in whatever earthen field he happened to be nearby

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Sep 8, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

e: lmao I forgot he just planned to sort of camp just off the road in whatever earthen field he happened to be nearby

Thank you. And right out of the gate Bum the Sad was killing it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

quote:

Sorry I missed your question. To prevent getting robbed, I have co2 powered pistol which looks just like a real gun, I have a long buck knife as well as a very light weight axe. I also have bear spray. I've kept the bear spray/gun in quickly accessible locations. Now if they try to rob me while I'm asleep that is a bit more difficult to prevent. I'll have my weapons of destruction next to me while sleeping but the best way to prevent this is ensure my camping location is as hidden as possible. As sunset approaches I'll be scouting potential locations to hide.

If I get robbed it is not the end of my trip, things will continue and I'll have to scrounge up new gear. People get robbed every day.

I have not prepared for rape. Maybe I'll have to invest in a buttplug.

Dude was just going to hide somewhere along the highway and sleep with a fake gun and an axe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wondered if you could just tent out by the side of an expressway. I'd never do it because it's retardedly unsafe, not just for the possible theft/rape/murder, but because an out of control car or semi could kill the poo poo out of you.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Mr. 47 posted:

If I remember correctly, the whole point was to get to Orlando, Florida, where he would take over his father's business.

Ultimately, it turned out that the business was a stump grinding service, and consisted essentially of a guy with a stump grinder.

LOL +1

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I don't know if it was a saga as such, but there was a goon a few years ago who was invited to have a threesome with a mother and daughter. He was all about it until he actually gave it a bit of thought, and then things went all goony. If memory serves, he followed through, but it was far more awkward than he had anticipated. Also, the three of them had dinner first and he was tasked with washing the dishes before the event.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
What did the guy have to lose by following goon advice? If he really wanted to Forrest Gump his way across the country why not do it in a way that works? And if he wanted to get recognition then hed have genuinely nice goons talking up his project.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I don't think he would've made it even with goon advice, IIRC he wasn't an experienced hiker and definitely wasn't in shape for such a physically demanding challenge.

Also, the aforementioned manic-induced attitude of "I know better and wouldn't let your discouragements and stupid suggestions interfere with my glorious vision".

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
~ celia read my book ~ <3

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

H.H posted:

I don't think he would've made it even with goon advice, IIRC he wasn't an experienced hiker and definitely wasn't in shape for such a physically demanding challenge.

Also, the aforementioned manic-induced attitude of "I know better and wouldn't let your discouragements and stupid suggestions interfere with my glorious vision".

Wasn't he having serious digestive issues by the time he aborted the walk (day 3 iirc)?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. 47 posted:

I don't know if it was a saga as such, but there was a goon a few years ago who was invited to have a threesome with a mother and daughter. He was all about it until he actually gave it a bit of thought, and then things went all goony. If memory serves, he followed through, but it was far more awkward than he had anticipated. Also, the three of them had dinner first and he was tasked with washing the dishes before the event.

The matryoshka threeway.

It was a series of posts by rxcowboy in an "Awkward Sexual Encounters" thread that eventually got the name of the thread changed and got him the usericon that still makes me laugh.

Read it, it's SO funny: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266050&userid=141005#post394813305

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
:siren:
For thread nostalgia fans I recommend joining those of us with way too accurate memories and way to good search skills in the Lost SA Stuff thread in PYF.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It's been going for almost 10 years so everything you're looking for is probably already there.

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Sep 8, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
GOD drat HOW DO YOU gently caress UP A 3-WAY?

Listen, I'm a goony gently caress. No social interaction, scammed my way into a fiancee, whatever. But before all that, an opportunity arose, and I did it, and it was good, and it will probably never happen again but I'll cherish it like the goony gently caress I am.

If I can do it, you can to!

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Sep 8, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Geirskogul posted:

He didn't gently caress it up, it got way too weird but he did it, dammit.

rxcowboy posted:

Basically every single thing that happened would have been insanely awesome in the context of a regular threesome, but at the end I am confronted by the grim reality that I just participated in an act of incest. Both of them were completely nonplussed by the act, while I had the look of a deer caught in the headlights for the whole thing. I've never felt such a schism between my dick and my brain,...

To everyone who thinks this sort of thing is glorious, you can have it.

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Sep 8, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

By two members being related and not being super hot twins.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just because you participated, or had it, doesn't mean you didn't gently caress it up after.

I could have amazing sex but if I then go hide in a corner and piddle away brain cells on it, driving myself to neurosis and depression, then I hosed it up. No matter how it was on the day itself.

Rhyno posted:

By two members being related and not being super hot twins.

Don't care. Is he marrying them? Then let the redneck lovemakin' commence.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Geirskogul posted:

Put the chili on top of the shredded cheese.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Geirskogul posted:

Don't care. Is he marrying them? Then let the redneck lovemakin' commence.

Even with no context this is a funny post.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
granos call the police

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

Wasn't he having serious digestive issues by the time he aborted the walk (day 3 iirc)?

probs cos he lived entirely on pizza iirc.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Starting here FYAD starts making fun of the cart guy and it's pretty funny. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759867&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=81#post456664052

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he walked 5 miles a day for 4 days and his hips turned black and he almost died lmao

manyak posted:

(after walking 2 miles) gently caress dude... my hips are hosed, im serious, stop for a second (gingerly peels off jeans and baggy plaid boxers and my really pale soft hips somehow have huge bruises on them) shittttt man this loving kills

especially this thing

ArfJason posted:

You have died of anxiety.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If somebody makes "You have died of Anxiety" an animated gif in the proper format (and it's not poo poo), I will pony up the $30 or whatever on Saturday and buy an emote.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

If somebody makes "You have died of Anxiety" an animated gif in the proper format (and it's not poo poo), I will pony up the $30 or whatever on Saturday and buy an emote.

as funny as it is there's no real reason for it to be a gif or emoticon unless you want it to end up used just as rarely as the "stop throwing bacon at me" one

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

Scudworth posted:

:siren:
For thread nostalgia fans I recommend joining those of us with way too accurate memories and way to good search skills in the Lost SA Stuff thread in PYF.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It's been going for almost 10 years so everything you're looking for is probably already there.

I've been trying to find this for like 2 months and failing, thanks!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Did some TG goon make a warhammer scene and goons went mad for it being a rape scene or was that somewhere/thing else?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
you mean this, but i dont know if thats SA-related in any way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gently caress you found that fast

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Its literally the first dozen of results when you google "warhammer rape"

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its literally the first dozen of results when you google "warhammer rape"

I assume you did this at work

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

KomodoWagon posted:

I assume you did this at work

I wouldnt have that in my search history at home, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I wouldnt have that in my search history at home, so yes.

thank you for being one of the few reasons I actually have fun auditing employee web histories, because of fearless no gently caress givers like you :patriot: