Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's in the OP and everything.

*checks OP to make sure*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You finally fixed the OP with the rightful picture. I am proud.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You know what was the weirdest thing today? Oh no, not the Mario on iPhone with bloody Miyamoto of all people crashing on the Apple conference nor the "XBOXPS4 IS HUUUEG but doesn't play 4K videos" reveal of the next PS4 model.

It's that ESL Splatoon tournament announcement for next year. A whole year away, but all the Nintendo PR accounts on Twitter in the different countries updated at the same time with the message, "hey, October next year, we are giving the NX as a prize for winners of this esports event thingy". Synchronized, prepared in advance, clearly decided by some higher up. But why?? It doesn't make any lick of sense to announce that more than a year away. It's to get people talking? Gauge interest? Get people more frustrated about not revealing the system itself any time soon? What?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Nintendo: we never make any sense.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's going to be a rad, one-of-a-kind Splatoon NX.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Splatoonx

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Wait that thing's a year away, not like, get an NX a month early if you're a pro splatooner? What the gently caress Nintendo.

What kind of true doom Nintendohead who is that good at Splatoon wouldn't already have an NX by then

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm proud of this and want to share it with others.

Where can I watch this full trainwreck?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The lesson, which Nintendo apparently learned 3 years ago, is never do a live presentation. Just do pre-recorded videos.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Where can I watch this full trainwreck?

They just announce the PS4 slim and a PS4 that has some resolution/performance improvements. It's not really a trainwreck, just dull and everything in it had leaked before. Don't bother.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

You know what was the weirdest thing today? Oh no, not the Mario on iPhone with bloody Miyamoto of all people crashing on the Apple conference nor the "XBOXPS4 IS HUUUEG but doesn't play 4K videos" reveal of the next PS4 model.

It's that ESL Splatoon tournament announcement for next year. A whole year away, but all the Nintendo PR accounts on Twitter in the different countries updated at the same time with the message, "hey, October next year, we are giving the NX as a prize for winners of this esports event thingy". Synchronized, prepared in advance, clearly decided by some higher up. But why?? It doesn't make any lick of sense to announce that more than a year away. It's to get people talking? Gauge interest? Get people more frustrated about not revealing the system itself any time soon? What?

my only guess is to try to keep the tourney level playerbase interested until the sequel comes out.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The entire presentation on the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro can be found here, but like Electromax said, it's pretty boring. The actual presentation is maybe an hour, and then it's them just talking to various game developers pushing their games and probably not saying anything of interest, I tuned out when they got to that point.

But like I said before, the relevant bits are "Slim is September 15 for 300, Pro is November 10 for 400," along with a lot of talk about how much more radical the Pro is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nin10doDoomClok/status/773671262539419648

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Will the NX have HDR or will it be left in the dust?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The NX will absorb any console it comes into contact with, gaining the strength of it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

The NX will absorb any console it comes into contact with, gaining the strength of it.

Noow I'VE got your console exclusive!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The NX is a peripheral for all other platforms.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The nx is mario's butt. I never thought Nintendo would get so lewd.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BillmasterCozb posted:

The Nintendo Kirby

Book it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Makes you think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo didn't want it. Apple forced them to develop a game

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Makes you think.

will someone please burn down the thinkpiece factory

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I agree with S. Buckley

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when nintendo made the game where mario platforms... end of an era...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
"IWSTA SAID IN 2011 THERE WIULD NEVER BE NINTENDO MOBILE GAMES BECAUSE PHONES COULDNT HANDLE IT"

Well guess what it is 5 years later and also Iwata died so

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

now nintendo can't name their future console "whatever pro" or "pro bleh" because they waited too long and sony snatched it. you snooze you lose.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kashuno posted:

"IWSTA SAID IN 2011 THERE WIULD NEVER BE NINTENDO MOBILE GAMES BECAUSE PHONES COULDNT HANDLE IT"

Just wait until they put out the Balloon Fight branded flappy bird clone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Flappy Bird is a Balloon Trip clone!!!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

a.lo posted:

now nintendo can't name their future console "whatever pro" or "pro bleh" because they waited too long and sony snatched it. you snooze you lose.

The Wii Pro U. It's two Wii Us stacked on top of each other. The Gamepad has another Gamepad, upside down, on top of it so Player 2 can sit across from you and play.

_____!
May 2, 2004

Patter Song posted:

The Wii Pro U. It's two Wii Us stacked on top of each other. The Gamepad has another Gamepad, upside down, on top of it so Player 2 can sit across from you and play.

Presenting the Nintendo WiiU Cocktail! Relive the glory days of alternating at Donkey Kong!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Also I'm pretty sure what he was actually saying was that porting their back catalog to mobile would result in a bad product, because those games were all designed for controllers and would be awful on touch. And he was right about that, which is why they announced a Mario auto-runner today instead of a port of SMB.

The whole mobile plan was hatched under Iwata, he's not spinning in his grave because there's an Apple Mario now.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I agree with S. Buckley

What a loss

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Derrick and Andre fromGamexplain JUST SO HAPPENED to both take vacation at the same time! The same time that Miyamoto arrived in America. And Jose Otero has gone RADIO SILENT.

SECRET NX PRESS EVENT? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I agree with S. Buckley

do you think his first name is Swash

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is there a gamexplainxplain to xplain who those people are

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

greatn posted:

Derrick and Andre fromGamexplain JUST SO HAPPENED to both take vacation at the same time! The same time that Miyamoto arrived in America. And Jose Otero has gone RADIO SILENT.

SECRET NX PRESS EVENT? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

https://twitter.com/jose_otero/status/773739714130145280

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

do you think his first name is Swash

wait a minute spudsbuckley is that you

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

But look next to Jose. There's Doug Bowser, their senior Vice President of marketing. What's he doing there?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
There will be three NX SKUs, one will be made of sticks, one will be made of straw and one will be made of bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

It doesn't play UHD Blu ray is the hilarious kicker.(personally I don't care but Microsoft's weaker one does and it's SONY'S OWN FORMAT)

The funny thing from the opposite end is Microsoft has been bragging about their ultra special color mode they had to release a new console for, while Sony is just adding it to all PS4s old and new with a firmware update.

the funny part of this is how sony obviously tricked ms into doubling down on media features nobody wants in 2016 by inventing it with their moribund non gaming divisions and then not using it themselves to increase their margin$ :cool:

• Locked thread