Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I've let out some entertaining farts in my day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Those are the devil's gastric juices... Why aren't they devouring you...

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
So Midora turned down Joa/Joie's advances. I guess that makes him and Acacia the only straight male characters in the series.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Midora is cool, I hope he makes it to the end to eat with Toriko and Komatsu.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so throughout all of this, god has just been hanging out in the background being cooked alive by komatsu and his buds?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

so throughout all of this, god has just been hanging out in the background being cooked alive by komatsu and his buds?

His cries for help only make him more delicious so they have been thus far ignored.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I like to think the Battle Wolves are fighting God.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It's all happenining really really really fast. In fact, at one point I think the big snake moved at the speed of light?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What's this? I'm being told that everyone has been fighting in back channels, sorry guys.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't try and make sense of toriko just embrace it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if toriko still has a spot open on his full course he will choose to make it a long sloppy makeout session with komatsu

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
midora opened the door and there is no going back

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

if toriko still has a spot open on his full course he will choose to make it a long sloppy makeout session with komatsu

toriko is going a bit darker than i expected in this direction

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Back Channel is like the time in bleach when everyone just stood in the air every fight so he didn't have to draw backgrounds.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm a lot like Midora in that I also eat my feelings.

MoosinRound
Sep 5, 2011
I cried.
Love this MANga.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

MoosinRound posted:

I cried.
Love this MANga.

:same:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MoosinRound posted:

I cried.
Love this MANga.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

>tfw someone releases your knocking unexpectedly

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if you could use Knocking on yourself to savor the taste of a dish forever.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I know that feel.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

my hero

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://mangastream.com/r/toriko/386/3659/1

Acacia bypassing Midora's Minority World by deliberately missing punches was cool as hell. Sort of reminded me of Luffy vs Enel's Mantra, although the specifics are a bit different.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:syoon:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo Acacia's opening his mouth like a loving xenomorph

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sounds like Toriko let his boys get in on that god meat before him. Zebra is about to come clean house.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

no one wanted that part of that planet anyway

Matoi Ryuko posted:

all i see is the pumpkin pals tag

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jedah posted:

no one wanted that part of that planet anyway

all i see is the pumpkin pals tag

Glad you like it. :c00lbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the world is composed of gourmet cells, so that part will grow back more delicious than before

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Acacia bypassing Midora's Minority World by deliberately missing punches was cool as hell. Sort of reminded me of Luffy vs Enel's Mantra, although the specifics are a bit different.

I know it's called "Minority World", but the attack's real name should be "Opposite Day". Something's powerful enough to kill you? Declare "It's Opposite Day!" and it's so weak it doesn't even leave a scratch. Enemy attacking too fast? "Opposite Day!" Now it's super slow. Opponent screwing you over with Opposite Day? Aim punches to miss them and then say, "Hey, it's Opposite Day, remember?" and they all hit.

Toriko fights have been like kids playing make-believe and one-upping each other repeatedly for a while now, and Minority World and Gourmet Luck (i.e. "Nuh-uh!") are the epitome of that. (This isn't entirely a criticism, mind; I thought Minority World was pretty dumb previously but with this realization it's amusing me a lot.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Midora is just like "dang it thats too big." also acacia gonna eat things face.... Star is fine most of him is still there afterall

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ethiser posted:

Sounds like Toriko let his boys get in on that god meat before him. Zebra is about to come clean house.

This. I cannot loving wait.

Toriko's endgame is so beautifully the inverse of Bleach, I love it. No wasting time, just get bigger and crazier and more brutal.

My only complaint, if anything is how just invoking the word or concept of "Gourmet Luck" is supposed to be a devastating attack. Using it to dodge attacks or alter fate is fine, but just saying it and having the opponent take damage is a bit silly even for Toriko.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Wasn't there something about how they can use their luck to affect someone's entropy or something?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

This. I cannot loving wait.

Toriko's endgame is so beautifully the inverse of Bleach, I love it. No wasting time, just get bigger and crazier and more brutal.

My only complaint, if anything is how just invoking the word or concept of "Gourmet Luck" is supposed to be a devastating attack. Using it to dodge attacks or alter fate is fine, but just saying it and having the opponent take damage is a bit silly even for Toriko.

The greatest part is that there is the Gourmet Heaven saga after this and it's going to be completely glorious

I think the melty Gourmet Luck thing might have to do with Joie's fungus too, not just declaring "I'm lucky" and "Opposite Day"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thunderbro posted:

The greatest part is that there is the Gourmet Heaven saga after this and it's going to be completely glorious

I think the melty Gourmet Luck thing might have to do with Joie's fungus too, not just declaring "I'm lucky" and "Opposite Day"

Yeah, Joie's still attacking with fungus stiff, Gourmet Luck just makes it so that everything works (when not up against equal or greater Gourmet Luck).

Still, the constant invocations of Gourmet Luck are really, really silly, given that it started out like, well, luck, things just working out, and not an active power. It reached its peak when Joie was just standing there going "Gourmet Luck! Gourmet Luck!" repeatedly, though that's also the chapter where Joie finally lost, so going forward it seems like it's mostly going to be Midora and Komatsu with it, neither of whom seem as likely to actively invoke it. Maybe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Thunderbro posted:

sadly, no. toriko got a lot more time to wrap things up than bleach, but it was still cancelled. this is the last arc.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

sadly, no. toriko got a lot more time to wrap things up than bleach, but it was still cancelled. this is the last arc.

Yea its the last arc. The last arc before the new chapter of the Toriko saga is unleashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

I don't think it has to do with fungus, I think it's based on probability and other quantum mechanical pseudo-science, like Minority World.

• Locked thread