Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grozz Nuy posted:

He gets to be a top guy in Lucha Underground as opposed to just another midcarder in WWE, and iirc he doesn't like the travel aspect of wrestling so LU shooting entirely in LA is appealing as well. I dunno if he still cares about legit acting anymore or not, although WWE Studios is also much more of a thing than it was when he left so he could potentially still do that in the fed.

He's got 15 movies either in the can, in pre-production, or filming. They're probably all poo poo, but I doubt he cares as long as the cheque is cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mob posted:

five feet of Filipino Nightmare baggage

It took a years of shoot interviews but somebody finally answered the Batista question.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
"How was it wrestling a dog?"

"It was easier than wrestling Sheamus."

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Take it with a grain of salt, but Highspots just said that they're shooting for having BOLA DVDs/Blu-rays shipped by the end of the month.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grozz Nuy posted:

Take it with a grain of salt, but Highspots just said that they're shooting for having BOLA DVDs/Blu-rays shipped by the end of the month.

What about Thirteen

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Everything has already been edited. It's up to Highspots to do the rest.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Should have bet the under

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NickRoweFillea posted:

What about Thirteen

Dunno, I thought about asking them but I saw photos of people buying the Thirteen DVD from PWG's merch guy over the weekend so I imagine it'll be very soon.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I've never bought a PWG DVD. Is this the time to start?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I've never bought a PWG DVD. Is this the time to start?

Wait until the end of the year for the 5 for $40 deal. BOLA eventually winds up on that every year

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Wait until the end of the year for the 5 for $40 deal. BOLA eventually winds up on that every year

It won't be at the start of the sale though, they usually wait until like November before adding it. If you wanna drop a cool 200 bucks or so on wrestling DVDs I could give you a big list, but if you just want to catch up on their most recent stuff I'd recommend Bowie, Thirteen, and then all three nights of BOLA.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you're looking at getting into PWG, subscribe to Highspots Wrestling Network and watch some of what they have on their first.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know if it still works but try WWP as a promo code. If it still works, congrats on a free month of enjoying HighSpots Wrestling Network

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's 160 shows from PWG on there, and I'd say more than not are from the vastly superior "Excalibur does commentary live instead of overdubbing in a studio or whatever" era.

My favorite PWG show of all time is All Star Weekend IX, N1, headlined by one of the craziest matches I've ever seen, a Guerilla Warfare match between Drake Younger and Sami Callahan. It's on there, too.

Speaking of PWG, here's how cody Rhodes felt about BOLA

quote:

Random notes from my PWG experience...

-Sami Callihan is an incredibly hard working man. And hard hitting.

-The respect the crew/wrestlers from this weekend showed for Jushin Thunder Liger was lovely. A lot about pro-wrestling has changed, but taking care of those who paved the way remains paramount. Also, undoubtedly he can still go.

-Bittersweet. I didn't win "BOLA"...but any man that not only hits me with an umbrella, but also kisses my wife and hits me below the belt...that man is certainly a "Villain". Congratulations Marty. You have a receipt coming.

-I did get a Pentagon shirt. I wish WWE would sign him and put his face and mask everywhere, because watching him through the curtain Friday night mall I could think was "this dude is magnificent"

-Ricochet is a movie star. (5,000 candles in wind)

-Tommy End, Tomasso, and Cedric are about to have the time of their lives.

-The Young Bucks are the tried and proven best tag-team in the world. I don't know how a soul could fathom otherwise. (Finding out they are adult men who have children left me slightly flabbergasted. They look so young)

-Maybe my favorite moment of the weekend was watching two legit rear end kickers in Jeff Cobb and Matthew Riddle skirmish for a minute.

-there was a six-man tag team match on Saturday that was excellent. Madness. Insanity. Flips and dives like you've never seen. A great pro-wrestling match from any standpoint.

-Knowing that I'll be heading into ROH's "Final Battle" on 12/2...I watched one particular mans matches very closely.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
so yeah the best night from BOLA preview just got posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcX61ERPbY8

the show blew me away, but two spots in particular were the wildest poo poo ive ever seen

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Show of the year, gently caress Wrestle Kingdom

When Fenix moonsaulted off Pentagon's shoulders I lost my loving mind

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Fart Radio posted:

so yeah the best night from BOLA preview just got posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcX61ERPbY8

the show blew me away, but two spots in particular were the wildest poo poo ive ever seen

god bless pwg

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
For those who were there - how was O'Reilly vs Riddle? Really intrigued by that match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That Spanish fly landing oh my god.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Red is Dead posted:

For those who were there - how was O'Reilly vs Riddle? Really intrigued by that match.

Very grappling heavy and relatively low on spots, but good. If you've liked Thatcher's stuff in PWG you'll probably dig it. It had somewhat of an unconventional finish so the crowd didn't pop for it right away because it wasn't immediately clear who won, but aside from that most of the fans were clearly familiar with Riddle already so they knew what to expect.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Highspots also filmed another Hitting The Highspots thing with Melzer and Chris Hero. Last year's was great (and was mostly Dave being incredible excited and going on this wonderful tangents), so look out for that in a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/Highspots/status/772190690889445376

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They had a list posted, but now I can't find it. From what I can piece together:

An Officer and A Gentleman (a new series with Chuck Taylor and Dan Barry)
- Dalton Castle
- Mark Andrews
- Matt Riddle
- Bobby Fish
- Sami Callihan

Hittin the Highspots
- Hero & Meltzer
- Will Ospreay
- Matt Riddle
- Jeff Cobb

Lucha Series
- Fenix speaking English
- Pentagon Jr with a translator

Also, those NEW shows are up if anyone wants to watch Angle-Cody Rhodes

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

hey Meltz it's not that kind of shoot interview put the guns away

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did Trent and Chuck have a falling out or is Trent too busy doing stuff for NJPW?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Trent and Chuck have a falling out or is Trent too busy doing stuff for NJPW?

I imagine both are on opposite schedules these days.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I alike Matt riddles look. He's like if Kerry Von Erich grew up in Oceanside California.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neat

https://twitter.com/FightfulOnline/status/773570845193240578

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think Trent was in Japan during BOLA, he was posting pictures with Rocky and Okada. Not sure why the other PWG guys that work NJPW like reDRagon, the Bucks, and Ricochet/Sydal weren't on the same tour.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Trent? was crushed that he missed the ten man tag on night 3.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The overseas talent for NJPW are on different rota's to the Japanese talent, but theres a few people who are on schedules tha aren't that far removed. Rocky works essentially one step down from a Japanese workers number of tours, and Trent as his tag partner has picked up the same. You see them often on shows where they are the only non dojo foreign talents.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NickRoweFillea posted:

What about Thirteen

https://twitter.com/officialpwg/status/773616947845967872

Can't wait for y'all to see that O'Reilly/Sabre title match, it was so good

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The_Rob posted:

I alike Matt riddles look. He's like if Kerry Von Erich grew up in Oceanside California.

His back definition is very impressive

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Dan Berry is a good replacement for Trent. My eyes and ears will be pleased.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TUS posted:

Dan Berry is a good replacement for Trent. My eyes and ears will be pleased.

Plus, the name "Officer and a Gentleman" for a tag team rules.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big Papa Meltz finally gave his boys five stars

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
If my research is right, that's the first 5 snowflaker outside of japan since Davey/Elgin in 2012.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Meltzer is a good dad.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Adam Cole now has a five star match while Roman Reigns does not.

Could have a real fun time with that fact on Twitter with a few people if I decided I ever wanted to interact with them at all.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Adam Cole now has a five star match while Roman Reigns does not.

Could have a real fun time with that fact on Twitter with a few people if I decided I ever wanted to interact with them at all.

He still has a LONG way to go before he catches up to the Ace of the Universe tho :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Anus of the Pooniverse if you ask me