Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

The only time my GPS went out on me was when I was in downtown Toronto and the buildings were too tall. Havent had to touch a paper map in 15 years.

You're lying if you've never had small ear buds get tangled up in a mess or get in your way at the gym.

I've had GPS poo poo the bed on me in the city, and up in the mountains. And being on a bike that couldn't support a GPS system on the stock electric system, paper maps were all I had. So I still carry them.

And yeah. Then I take the twenty seconds and untangle them. They don't get in my way either, I just tuck the cord down the back of my shirt and never think about it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

iwentdoodie posted:

I've had GPS poo poo the bed on me in the city, and up in the mountains. And being on a bike that couldn't support a GPS system on the stock electric system, paper maps were all I had. So I still carry them.

And yeah. Then I take the twenty seconds and untangle them. They don't get in my way either, I just tuck the cord down the back of my shirt and never think about it again.
Not having to untangle headphone cables or tuck said cables into my shirt every time I use them is worth me plugging a wire into my headphones once every two weeks while I sleep. For you this is untrue. Now we can talk about something else!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gym selfies will look much cleaner without those cords getting in the way brb practicing my duckface

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

Not having to untangle headphone cables or tuck said cables into my shirt every time I use them is worth me plugging a wire into my headphones once every two weeks while I sleep. For you this is untrue. Now we can talk about something else!

Funnily enough I just used my Bluetooth speaker. After 5 min of loving with it I plugged the aux cable in and it magically worked. Yay.

I really don't give a poo poo what other people use, but the being forced into it annoys me. So, sticking with android still. And my turntables and vinyl and giant cans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

Funnily enough I just used my Bluetooth speaker. After 5 min of loving with it I plugged the aux cable in and it magically worked. Yay.

I really don't give a poo poo what other people use, but the being forced into it annoys me. So, sticking with android still. And my turntables and vinyl and giant cans.

I didn't know you was a dame.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My life is a never ending nightmare of endlessly loving around with fuel pump relays.

Incidentally I got my RX7 running and it's in theory drivable. Here's hoping I don't have to manually turn over the fuel pump to start it once I start driving it for more than five minutes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No it drat well hasnt, BT headphones are loving crap if that poo poo pairs at all. gently caress BT forever

Bluetooth works absolutely fine these days. The idea of Bluetooth dropping out or having poor audio quality is old hat.

I have Bluetooth speakers, headphones and Bluetooth audio in my car and don't have connection issues or audio quality issues.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You Am I posted:

Bluetooth works absolutely fine these days. The idea of Bluetooth dropping out or having poor audio quality is old hat.

I have Bluetooth speakers, headphones and Bluetooth audio in my car and don't have connection issues or audio quality issues.

And I do.

So does my anecdotal evidence disprove yours, or is it just random if it's bad or not?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Supposedly if the manufacturer doesn't cheap out on the components and does the software correctly bluetooth should be great at everything. Of course since at least one of the devices usually has poo poo hardware or software it rarely works right and causes everyone assumes bluetooth is garbage.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm listening to Spotify on my iPhone 6 with wired headphones right now. Green Sennheiser Momentums as a matter of fact. Fight me irl.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Rhyno posted:

I didn't know you was a dame.

Not necessarily...

Edit: DOOOO IIITTTTTT!!!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 8, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Not sure if I want to go through with this or not.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Magnus Praeda posted:

Not necessarily...

Edit: DOOOO IIITTTTTT!!!!!
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

His name was Robert Paulsen.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Geirskogul posted:

Because it's a loving headphone jack. I use it everyday, and I don't have to remember a loving adapter.
I haven't plugged in headphones since.... gently caress. My Nexus 4? Gnexus? I can't even remember. BT is awesome.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Phone posted:

Evangelion? Yeah just loving do it.

As for headphone chat, carrying around ANOTHER piece of kit just to use my fantastic wired headphones? Sounds like a lovely idea to me. Oh but of course Beats are owned by Apple and will be putting out some absolute poo poo sounding BT ones for insane prices and mugs will buy them...

One thing I feel Apple are missing out on here is that those airbud

's are tiny and therefore have no room for proper Apple branding. So who is going to know you've just spunked $700 on a new iphone?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ive never had a problem with any Sony product I've owned :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

And I even had a first gen ps1

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave right now, but to get power from the casket you need a $29.99 adapter.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

fridge corn posted:

And I even had a first gen ps1

Did you own a ps2 before the year 2002?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Coredump posted:

Did you own a ps2 before the year 2002?

Yeah

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
you're a scrub if you never broke a PS2 by "using it".

Also, bluetooth audio & music in general can gently caress off, anyone who's car needs music to drive it to needs to trade their car in for a 4 liter V8

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The only problem I ever had with my ps2 was my cat chewing through the controller wires. Afaik it still works

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cage posted:

Drive to the gym
After two weeks of the gym they get down to medium battery

Cage posted:

edit: I know Im not the only one whos earbuds would be tangled literally every time I went to the gym, too.

Cage posted:

You're lying if you've never had small ear buds get tangled up in a mess or get in your way at the gym.

Do you even lift, bro.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

Yeah bullshit it doesnt have problems. If Garmin can make ANT+ work better, BT is hosed.

Cage posted:

Ive never had headphones run out of power or one ear go missing. Or need a dongle.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeah bullshit it doesnt have problems. If Garmin can make ANT+ work better, BT is hosed.

ANT+ is a kludge and Garmin's implementation of it is terrible. I had nothing but trouble with stock Garmin accessories giving continuous readings. The Wahoo came out with combo BT/ANT+ accessories and I've never had a problem. PLUS the same accessories work with the KICKR using BT.

Edit: I found an old backup CD that was damaged, but I managed to pull a lot of stuff off of it. 20 year old emails are pretty fun to read. How about Papyrus hooking me up with multiplayer beta testing their racing games. Funny how things have changed.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 8, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If I wanted bluetooth in my car I'd need to either replace the stock, perfectly good headunit (there's a couple of kilos in the e-waste pile for no good reason plus the price of something that isn't tacky as gently caress) or gently caress about with adapters that are either crappy or expensive. If someone else wanted to put their music on in the car they have to pair with the stereo, vs plugging in the aftermarket £3 aux cable that works perfectly.

I'm going to file "charging my headphones" in the same dumb gently caress twat basket as "waiting for the firmware to update on my lightbulb"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cakefool posted:

I'm going to file "charging my headphones" in the same dumb gently caress twat basket as "waiting for the firmware to update on my lightbulb"

That is exactly the kind of poo poo I don't need in my life and try hard to avoid.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Do you even lift, bro.
Yeah, trying to improve myself. Thanks for the support.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

Yeah, trying to improve myself. Thanks for the support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OloLS5kTrVs

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
e: Not worth it. Jerks know they are jerks and its best to just let them flail around.

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 8, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

e: Not worth it. Jerks know they are jerks and its best to just let them flail around.

So he does crossfit?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:yeah:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The coolest part is it looks like they filmed it in super 8.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That song is loving garbage though. Dude really loves that vocoder still.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Shes banging but all I could think of was how dirty the floor looked. Bass line is cool though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Huh not bad, don't know wtf the end was about but that's Kanye

Cakefool posted:

Yup was disappointed when I had to update the firmware on the extra controller I picked up then had memories of computer gaming when I had to install a game on the Xbone before being able to play it.

Only bluetooth device I've used and had good luck with was the Scale Rider G4 I used on the motorcycle to listen to music and talk with other riders. All the portable speakers have had issues and I end up using a 3.5mm cable since it's easier and faster. All my cars are old so they have tape adapters, stereos have headphone adapter and I don't mind the occasional headphone cable tangle.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Phone posted:

Hells yes.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

88h88 posted:

That song is loving garbage though. Dude really loves that vocoder still.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that... Ugh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really don't give a poo poo about the song, it's more of a showcase for Teyana Taylor's ridonkulous body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I had the volume turned down like all the way but yeah it sounded lame.

• Locked thread