Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Oh I must have missed something: Can we actually change what we wear in this? I see different clothes on the characters.

Seems that way. A couple of trailers now have shown the protags wearing different outfits. Guess they didn't feel the need to advertise it heavily since it isn't a new feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Excellent, now let us dress up all pokemon too.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 8, 2016

Pigthe
Feb 24, 2006

on an incredible journey

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It'd be really weird and sort of against the whole spirit of the series if you had to fight a creature you couldn't also catch and use yourself. I know Pokemon wasn't the first RPG where you could recruit monsters and have them fight for you, but it may have been the first where all of them could be controlled.*

*I'm probably wrong

I'm probably wrong too, but what I'm kind of expecting is that the ultra beasts are ~*fused*~ with NPCs in some way, and then that you battle them (?) to un-fuse them and then when you save the NPC the UB turns into a poke that you can catch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also I just noticed that chicken hat girl does a Praise the Sun gesture when using the Bloom Doom Z Move

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Brother Entropy posted:

only an absolute dipshit would see a character in a tropical setting with a tropical shirt and go 'hey wait i don't understand what happened to his skin'

Hello and welcome to the internet in 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

At this rate we'll learn everything about the games before they're even out

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Brother Entropy posted:

only an absolute dipshit would see a character in a tropical setting with a tropical shirt and go 'hey wait i don't understand what happened to his skin'

You are aware of the Internet's fountain of racism, right?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You are severely underestimating the power of Game Freak

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

every time they reveal something we're left with more questions

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
CoroCoro is also gonna leak any day now, meaning we'll finally get to see good dog Rockruff's evolution

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's a rockruff and why are people making such a big deal over what I infer is some sort of evolutionary gimmick

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just wanna know which version I should get and has the better Pokemans in it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

What's a rockruff and why are people making such a big deal over what I infer is some sort of evolutionary gimmick

Rumours say it's evolutionary method is somehow related to the starter evolutions.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

it's supposed to share some special new mechanic or something with the starter pokemon evolutions, so once we know what rockruff does we'll know what they do i guess

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I hope that Alolan Exeggutor is still off screen on whatever they're calling Poke-Amie this time round.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Also new haircuts

Personally I hope that SM goes the animal crossing route and doesn't lock off clothing by gender. I want everyone to be able to wear the Pangoro hat and shades.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 8, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Get wrecked.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Still not totally sure why he's a dragon.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Space T Rex posted:

I think its pretty clear that UB-01 is just that girl in the big hat. I bet she changes like that during a full moon or something, similar to Rockruff apparently. Shes a werejellyfishultabeast. Even the pokedex info they gave with it says it moves like a young girl.

"UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl."

Either she is it or its an intentional red herring.

Perhaps it simply saw her and decided to start mimicing her for some reason?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh my god I hope I can dress up as Magnum P.I.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that Alolan Exeggutor is still off screen on whatever they're calling Poke-Amie this time round.

Plenty of the pokemon we already have are too big for the screen as it is.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The most literal wood hammer

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

He's a dragon tree. :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that doesn't look anything like him

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

It might be related to the Dracaena genus of plants. They kinda resemble palm trees (but not that closely related to them). They are known as dragon trees. Or it might be related to Dragon fruit.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tauros has four legs and horns and is probably based off a stag if i had to guess

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

he got a really long neck

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
a trait shared with dinosaurs and giraffes.

and if pokemon has taught me anything, its that dinosaurs are rocks and giraffes have heads on their tails.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

why does girafarig just look like a horse anyway

without the name i wouldnt even think its meant to be a giraffe

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

oddium posted:

that doesn't look anything like him

There are a bunch of different species of dragon tree which can look pretty different. If I had to guess, I'd say Alola Executor was probably based on one of the house plant varieties.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's got giraffe horns and it's yellow with brown giraffe spots

what the heck how long has it been part normal type

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

good

dripfeed is the worst

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

oddium posted:

why is it part psychic?

the mysteries of girafarig are many friend.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It's really surprising there are no dolphin Pokemon. Maybe with a Hawaiian theme they might do something about that. Dolphins already look like Pokemon with their giant heads.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's really surprising there are no dolphin Pokemon. Maybe with a Hawaiian theme they might do something about that. Dolphins already look like Pokemon with their giant heads.

Kyogre.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there is going to be a dolphin pokemon and also a rugby monkey also there's already kyogre

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

oddium posted:

Alolan Girafrig will have a proper neck.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
It feels like we know a lot of information but the bigger question is still how it all fits together. In that sense, it still feels like a mystery as to how all these separate mechanics and plot points intersect.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Zoran posted:

Kyogre.

He's more of a killer whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted: