Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
My last supply cache contained a Centurion-A. I was already a bit tempted to buy some Centurions and Hunchbacks on my Clan account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

on my Clan account.

Everytime people say they made two accounts for this game, one for IS and one for Clan, I feel an immense sense of pity.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

mumble.goonrathi.com
pass mellon

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Skoll posted:

Everytime people say they made two accounts for this game, one for IS and one for Clan, I feel an immense sense of pity.

It made sense at that time; considering that some people I liked to play with went to the Clans other to the IS. It's not like you actually have to pay for a second account. Unless you buy the same :10bux: Mech for both accounts. I would not do it again with CW being as it is. And would merge both accounts if that was an option.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It made sense at that time; considering that some people I liked to play with went to the Clans other to the IS. It's not like you actually have to pay for a second account. Unless you buy the same :10bux: Mech for both accounts. I would not do it again with CW being as it is. And would merge both accounts if that was an option.

I understand that, it just makes me a little sad for what could have been. I watched the Mechwarrior V trailer again yesterday and it made me even more bitter than usual.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I have 3 accounts :)

1 for bad monetary decisions, aka my main.
1 for when we did that whole Kerensky thing.
1 for testing out tier 5 retardation. My god people in tier 5 are truly bad at this game.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

veedubfreak posted:

I have 3 accounts :)

1 for bad monetary decisions, aka my main.
1 for when we did that whole Kerensky thing.
1 for testing out tier 5 retardation. My god people in tier 5 are truly bad at this game.

This is totally reasonable. New username, a quick cadet bonus + free mechbays to burn on a wacky build.

Having multiple "real"accounts makes no sense though. You lose access to all your modules, all your cosmetics, and premium time if applicable. And what you gain is the ability to belong to two units at once - that is, the ability to play more faction warfare than normal. That's not a feature, it's a bug.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/09/1625-bushwacker-lore-blueprint

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Heh, their own lore even says "Welp, hardpoints are going to be poo poo. Have fun min-maxing this poo poo, nerds!"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ahaha the hero `mech is straight out of the cartoon. And even better it's the character nobody remembers.

PGI will earn a kudos-point with me if the High Roller fires off a stupid popcan escape pod whenever it dies.

Edit: Also the typo in the first paragraph of the lore is a nice touch.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Their real bad at writing

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

sebmojo posted:

Their real bad at writing

*reel

:smuggo:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Once again they mention a 'mech in the lore that will never ever be in the game.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Skoll posted:

I understand that, it just makes me a little sad for what could have been. I watched the Mechwarrior V trailer again yesterday and it made me even more bitter than usual.

Wait is there a V coming out?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

No, there isn't. Hence the bitterness.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Whats the player base for the game right now anyway

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Idiots and shitlers

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

ZenVulgarity posted:

Banano posted:

Idiots and shitlers

Honestly, that's present company included.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

Low enough that they can safely go back to 8v8 without fear of overtaxing their server farm.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Wait is there a V coming out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEjoRQ0Cg8

Feel our collective pain.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Wow let me guess someone at microsoft did something stupid hence we're stuck with what we have?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

Wow let me guess someone at microsoft did something stupid hence we're stuck with what we have?

Totally offtopic... Saq, 19.... I beat Microsoft.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
is a 6-mg king crab triple-oh viable?

KGC-000 mg spam

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Still firing lasers from the SRM-6. Gotta stay true to the Mechwarrior 3 intro.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

KGC-000 mg spam

I'm the fourteen tons of ammo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Smith & Tinker ran out of funding and some other such stuff that led to the poo poo pile we have now. I still think they should have kept Unreal but I was told the engine was considered substandard at the time.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Still firing lasers from the SRM-6. Gotta stay true to the Mechwarrior 3 intro.

MW3 intro best intro.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

KGC-000 mg spam

I fixed your bad build

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=afe88ec98df8fc408dd831463197be9bc86de767

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

New Killzone 1 looking good.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Anita Dickinme posted:

BECAUSE WHEN I POATED THE OP I DID NOT THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT I WOULD BE WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS FOR WEEKS AT A TIME SO WHEN I COME BACK I MISS HUNDREDS OF POSTS AND AMAZING PICTURES AND OH GOD THE MISTAKES!!!!1!1!!1!!111

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That Mechwarrior V trailer is still so loving rad. The mechs aren't as well done as MWO's but I would kill for that level of environmental detail, even if it wasn't destructible.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still prefer classic Atlas to MWO Fatlas.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Community Warfare is getting redesigned again.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Every single change they propose makes it sound like MW:O is dying fast and PGI is in total panic mode rolling dice to decide what changes to implement to save their cash cow. How much money does PGI make anyway? They lost half the playerbase in 6 months.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It just seems like more aimless flailing. I don't imagine it'll run them out of business any more than the last four years of flailing.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

KGC-000 mg spam

It's gonna be poo poo no matter what, but this is slightly less poo poo:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=b67fe32135ccd7d81c879b6cf241ff5a144d8485

If you're willing to compromise your ~~vision~~, run two LBX10 and four machine guns. Still a gimmick critseeking build, but one with a semblance of a bite.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

NihilCredo posted:

It's gonna be poo poo no matter what, but this is slightly less poo poo:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=b67fe32135ccd7d81c879b6cf241ff5a144d8485

If you're willing to compromise your ~~vision~~, run two LBX10 and four machine guns. Still a gimmick critseeking build, but one with a semblance of a bite.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=4a00f9c94ac598d62ee5ed42d2e60085dee8c3f5

Always Endo instead of Ferro if you have to take just one. Nets you three more heatsinks and a little more armor. I guess the mech comes stock with Ferro and not Endo but if you're gonna spend the cbills-money to get a KGC, might as well invest in the proper upgrades too.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

youtube comments posted:

Why is xbox not working on this or mech assault 3?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The Xbox brand is too busy collapsing and trying to reinvent itself as the Xbox Surface Scorpio.

Once they finish doing that every PC will also count as Xbox and therefore MWO is on Xbox.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

aniviron posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=4a00f9c94ac598d62ee5ed42d2e60085dee8c3f5

Always Endo instead of Ferro if you have to take just one. Nets you three more heatsinks and a little more armor. I guess the mech comes stock with Ferro and not Endo but if you're gonna spend the cbills -money to get a KGC, might as well invest in the proper upgrades too.

poo poo, I loaded his build in awemech and didn't even notice the switched upgrades. Thanks. Should probably burn a ton and a half on AMS then, for an assault it's usually worth more than its weight in leg armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
News on the future of "Faction Play":
  • Long Tom will be replaced by a new effect - Sensor Sweep will be accompanied by a global ECM field - Duration TBD - couple of seconds
  • Faction Warfare will start with Skirmish with DropDecks (4 Mechs per Player), then move to Domination, Conquest, Assault and finally to Invasion. But all modes will be impacted by what is done in Scouting mode.
  • IS vs Clan buckets only
  • Special Events for house vs house, clan vs clan or specific house vs specific clan fights
  • Rewards will be changed after the new faction system is in place
  • Timeline: Might be december for the new system (or later, Russ was very careful to state that it was a really rough guess). New rewards will come 2-4 months later
  • FP Event will be this weekend.
Scouting will not change.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqmK38kZSgY

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 8, 2016

• Locked thread