Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

real_scud posted:

I don't think that'll ever happen tbh

We had a broken half assed buggy as hell web interface in 15 and 16.

The Show does it well. It's actually more efficient to run a franchise in MLB via the web for a lot of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
FYI the Pass/Run and fumble patch is live now.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

real_scud posted:

FYI the Pass/Run and fumble patch is live now.

dang this made the solo challenges so easy

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Is there a way to export a connected franchise so I can play practice games with my team, or is the only way just manually editing the roster?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Accident Underwater posted:

the only way is just manually editing the roster

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Maybe it's been in other versions and I just never noticed, but the CPU shuffling the depth chart as their season goes to pieces is really cool. 49ers lose eight straight and Gabbert gets benched, the Rams go 2-5-1 to start the season and Goff takes over for Keenum...It feels so alive.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Dak is getting an 89 OVR MUT card.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Dak is getting an 89 OVR MUT card.

Of course. Saving my coins for vick's elite :coal:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Do the roster updates take into account real life injuries? Like is Bridgewater out and Bradford the starter for the Vikings or are they just both now on the team?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Do the roster updates take into account real life injuries? Like is Bridgewater out and Bradford the starter for the Vikings or are they just both now on the team?

Only if you start a new franchise and have pre-exsisting injuries turned on.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone discover a way to switch franchise teams or control more than one in a solo franchise?

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Is there not a big XBONE community for Madden? This my first first time buying in a while and don't seem to see a lot of Goons playing.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HanabaL03 posted:

Is there not a big XBONE community for Madden? This my first first time buying in a while and don't seem to see a lot of Goons playing.

outside of SA there is a significant community for it. Here, almost everyone plays on PS4. there's a handful of xbox one people who post about wanting a league but no one ever starts one

all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is the AI in 17 actually better at cover drag/post routes as promised?chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/images/quick-reply-close.gif

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

tadashi posted:

Is the AI in 17 actually better at cover drag/post routes as promised?chrome-extension://bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo/images/quick-reply-close.gif

Better, but it's still an issue.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Havent played in the last few years. Prolly since '15....Any big leaps or bounds theyve made where I should go grab this? (XB1)

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

all apologies posted:

Havent played in the last few years. Prolly since '15....Any big leaps or bounds theyve made where I should go grab this? (XB1)

Its very fun to play; the gameplay is good. I'm actually warming up to it more and more. There's still lots to complain about, but that's what happens when you have a monopoly and years of terrible legacy code

If it's been that long then yes get it.

Hopefully you xbone guys can get together and make a francHAHAHAHAHA

Oberst fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 7, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

2nd 10 win h2h season. Got that elite cheifs MLB. Also the jersey you get sells for 7500.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

all apologies posted:

I hated last year's version but many of the biggest issues have been addressed. Offline franchise is seemingly well done.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I've been trying Madden Mobile and I hate the LOL random nature of it. Try and stop a team from passing 30 yards. It might work if LOL Random, your guys didn't leave theirs wide open.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

all apologies posted:

This is the best game they've made in awhile. If they would nerf the blocksheds I would say it was my personal favorite.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I WILL NOT loving BUY THIS MADDEN toxx me

I urged myself not to buy it last year and i still did. This is my story

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Bad year not to buy seeing as its objectively the best madden of the last decade

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
It really is. I've got my bags and there are a few things is still really really doesn't do right (see: Defensive Secondary and anything related to progression and scouting in CFM) but overall it is a good game, and I haven't felt that way about a madden game on PS4 yet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm waiting on a cheaper price just because so much poo poo is coming out these coming couple months but I'm totally gonna get it, every review has been 'yea it's not perfect yet and needs some tweaking still but this is easily the best showing they'[ve had'.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Oberst posted:

Bad year not to buy seeing as its objectively the best madden of the last decade

I'd still put Madden 12 above this one, but for sure it's the best option on the PS4 so far.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I'm waiting on a cheaper price just because so much poo poo is coming out these coming couple months but I'm totally gonna get it, every review has been 'yea it's not perfect yet and needs some tweaking still but this is easily the best showing they'[ve had'.

Invest in Amazon prime or Best Buy gcu and their madden upgrade deal every year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

I've been trying Madden Mobile and I hate the LOL random nature of it. Try and stop a team from passing 30 yards. It might work if LOL Random, your guys didn't leave theirs wide open.

Madden Mobile owns. I'm all in on it.

Madden 17 is the deal of the day on Amazon, $39.99.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bought it. Have it by Saturday. Sorry for the delay on my end, I've been so busy

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Is there any way to turn the commentary off and maybe play music or something? Hearing about how Demarius Thomas only ran hooks and go routes in college for the 15th time is getting pretty old and I've had this game for a day.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Samu posted:

Is there any way to turn the commentary off and maybe play music or something? Hearing about how Demarius Thomas only ran hooks and go routes in college for the 15th time is getting pretty old and I've had this game for a day.

Mute the tv and put on headphones. I'm sure there's a way to do it through the consoles but idk how.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Samu posted:

Of course there is. Go to Customize > Settings > Settings (I know, the 1st settings is a hub really, but whatever) > Volume Control and then change all the poo poo you don't want to hear.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Anybody wanna trade me a gold badge on ps4? I can send a gold player your way for it. Just need 1 more gold badge to upgrade them to elite and claim an elite player!!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

Anybody wanna trade me a gold badge on ps4? I can send a gold player your way for it. Just need 1 more gold badge to upgrade them to elite and claim an elite player!!

ill send you one bb

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Dubious posted:

ill send you one bb

thanks doll! ended up getting one out of a pack right after... I got the Falcons FB elite damnit. my luck is endless...

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I saw that Madden was $39.99 on Amazon today and broke down and bought it. Goddammit.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

See ya in August.

The Piper posted:

I saw that Madden was $39.99 on Amazon today and broke down and bought it. Goddammit.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Is there any point to the All-Pro MUT packs? They give 3 gold players but cost 35k in coins which is the better part of what it would cost to buy 5 pro packs that would net you 5 gold players plus a lot of other stuff you could use on sets or resell... I don't get it. Do the All-Pro packs have a higher elite percentage or something?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Last bit of Madden code I worked on just got released. It's the stuff for the Color Rush jerseys as well as a fix for PS4 Play-A-Friend.

Basically this has been done for a while since it has stuff I worked on before I left EA but we knew it wouldn't come out in the 1st patch since the Color Rush stuff wasn't officially announced + there's always one emergency patch for crazy issues found right after launch.

edit: Oh yeah and I forgot I also added a feature for CFM where you can edit the uniform of the CPU to whatever you want, so you can make every game a Color Rush game if you're that insane.

real_scud fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

real_scud posted:

edit: Oh yeah and I forgot I also added a feature for CFM where you can edit the uniform of the CPU to whatever you want, so you can make every game a Color Rush game if you're that insane.

:syoon: Fantastic news. Now all I need is a way to set a team's default home/road combination.

• Locked thread