Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love Miyamoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oddium posted:

when nintendo made the game where mario platforms... end of an era...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnkJa6HdgJw

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Hey gang, idgaf about iphone Mario runner but I bet a lot of people who have a phone and would never ever buy a 3DS do! So good on Nintendo for turning on the money hose but still caring about people like us!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the iphone is a good way for nintendo to get easy money while still making rhythm heaven games that sell to me and 19 other people

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

robot roll call posted:

Hey gang, idgaf about iphone Mario runner but I bet a lot of people who have a phone and would never ever buy a 3DS do! So good on Nintendo for turning on the money hose but still caring about people like us!!

I am more angry that Animal Crossing was delayed. They better have a Zelda BotW/Animal crossing NX starter pack now.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Quest For Glory II posted:

the iphone is a good way for nintendo to get easy money while still making rhythm heaven games that sell to me and 19 other people

It's funny, traditional platforming games don't really work that well on a touch screen, but people will buy the game anyway because it has Mario. Rhythm games work a lot better, but nobody buys them.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wheany posted:

It's funny, traditional platforming games don't really work that well on a touch screen, but people will buy the game anyway because it has Mario. Rhythm games work a lot better, but nobody buys them.

Most of the time my phone gaming happens in public places and I have the sound down low, if on at all. Not great for rhythm games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Splatoon NX.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Splatoon NX.

that's not paint....

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kurtofan posted:

that's not paint....

You're right.

It's ink.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've forced Nintendo's hand.

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spengo/status/773877511788912646?s=09

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

God, please let nothing happen to national treasure Todd Spengo.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Will the NX have a headphone jack?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chernabog posted:

Topical! Funny!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Chernabog posted:

It has a car jack, because again the NX is a car.

Doesn't come with jumper cables though, 'cause Nintendo.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Japanese analysts still think NX will be revealed next week, unless it isn't, I guess?

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/773875208914513921

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Barry Convex posted:

Japanese analysts still think NX will be revealed next week, unless it isn't, I guess?

I guess it's really possible whenever. Nintendo only gives notice about a direct within 24 - 48 hours of the direct typically. Hopefully the analysts are right about next week.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Barry Convex posted:

Schrodinger's Analysis.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo is unanalyzable. You can wager their future performance, but no analyst is good at guessing what they are going to do or when they're going to do it.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Nintendo lets Reggie Fils-Aime out of his box. He blinks his eyes and sees his shadow. Everyone collectively agrees to 6 more weeks of speculation.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

greatn posted:

Nintendo is unanalyzable. You can wager their future performance, but no analyst is good at guessing what they are going to do or when they're going to do it.

To be fair, analysts *sometimes* have access to legit inside info.

More often, though, they're just speculating based on publicly reported information.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hrmm based on my research and analysis Nintendo might do something within the next 24 to 4,320 hours or they might not. Pay me please.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

greatn posted:

except that there will be a new mario kart
e: eventually

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Barry Convex posted:

To be fair, analysts *sometimes* have access to legit inside info.

More often, though, they're just speculating based on publicly reported information.

I saw an analyst say in an article today that Nintendo would have trouble competing with the other consoles because they have digital stores where you can download games.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Hrmm based on my research and analysis Nintendo might do something within the next 24 to 4,320 hours or they might not. Pay me please.

I like your style. You're hired!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

greatn posted:

I saw an analyst say in an article today that Nintendo would have trouble competing with the other consoles because they have digital stores where you can download games.

If you're referring to the WSJ article, it was fairly clear in context that that paragraph was referring to Nintendo's lack of account-based online, though it could have been worded better.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
As an analyst myself I am assuming they are fixing that with the next system they release.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Based on my intensive research and analysis process, I can say with 95% accuracy that Nintendo is working on an unannounced project involving Mario.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

as a long time nintendo fan my armchair analysis is better than these pro dweebs (pay me)

anyway heres my analysis

we aint gettin poo poo on the NX this month. next month isnt looking too good, either. in fact i dont expect jack poo poo until like, january.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I'm placing my bet that Nintendo doesn't talk about the NX until 3 months after it's been released. When reporters bring it up before then, Reggie will just punch them in the throat and walk away.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Boogaleeboo posted:

I'm placing my bet that Nintendo doesn't talk about the NX until 3 months after it's been released. When reporters bring it up before then, Reggie will just punch them in the throat and walk away.

At this point, this looks to be the most logical analysis I've seen to date.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Maybe the NX is actually a replacement NDS, or 3DS or whatever the current portable is, but having a much better set of processor and graphics hardware AND an HDMI port so you can use it with your TV?

Heck, just merge the WiiU replacement and next portable and have one product line only?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Chernabog posted:

I'm not sure if people would like it if they take the jack off.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I see people mad if the headphone jack is on the bottom. Isn't that the best spot? If it's on the top you have to wrap it behind the thing and have less slack

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

If it's on the bottom, you can't rest it on a flat surface comfortably and evenly when using headphones.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

*wise king solomans arises from his grave*

"hmm i see your issue. have u tried... putting the headphone jack on the side?"

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Boten Anna posted:

*wise king solomans arises from his grave*

"hmm i see your issue. have u tried... putting the headphone jack on the side?"

pffffbt then where would your hand go? Dumb loving soloman go back to the bible... pffft....

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The NX will have two headphone jacks instead of just one. You might think it's superfluous, but it'll revolutionize the video game industry.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It will be called the Nintendo 420 and they're releasing it in 69 days lmao!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

source ??

e: just got it

oddium fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 8, 2016

• Locked thread