Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

keevo posted:

Lmao why Tyga?

Kylie: Hey Kim I know your husband is a rapper and producer that has his own record label do you think you could have him listen to my boyfriend's mixtape and maybe sign him to a deal.

It's the rapper family version of that annoying cousin who is always trying to get people to listen to their mixtape.

gohmak posted:

Good music said gently caress backpack we are going all in with trap huh.

Known Backback rappers Pusha T, and Travis Scott. Also Kanye hasn't been a backpack rapper since like Late Registration

And are we really acting like Jeezy didn't release one of his better albums like like a year or so with Seen It All?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

https://soundcloud.com/jkthereaper/dressed2kill
good music has always been heavy club poo poo

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
zack de la rocha released a single with production by el-p. it's "ok." the backing track is not el-p's greatest work, it kinda sucks the energy out of the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLishDbwy9c

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Dexo posted:

Kylie: Hey Kim I know your husband is a rapper and producer that has his own record label do you think you could have him listen to my boyfriend's mixtape and maybe sign him to a deal.

It's the rapper family version of that annoying cousin who is always trying to get people to listen to their mixtape.

Known Backback rappers Pusha T, and Travis Scott. Also Kanye hasn't been a backpack rapper since like Late Registration

And are we really acting like Jeezy didn't release one of his better albums like like a year or so with Seen It All?

I just want some Common, CyHi or Conse please.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CyHi got kicked out of GOOD I think. He released a Kanye diss track on soundcloud....

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Quantum of Phallus posted:

CyHi got kicked out of GOOD I think. He released a Kanye diss track on soundcloud....

Naw checked his twitter. He is still Quentin Miller status I believe.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

He's still around. It's just apparently the only dude actually looking for a CyHi record is the one who posted in this thread.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

monkeu posted:

Apparently Migos is only signed to GOOD Music under a management deal. Still with Quality Control and 300 for distribution.

I'm assuming it's a Travis Scott thing where they're signed to another label but Kanye's team has creative control

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have never else in my life seen someone looking for a CyHi song

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Quavo Knowles should probably just go solo

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

I have never else in my life seen someone looking for a CyHi song

who

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gohmak posted:

I just want some Common, CyHi or Conse please.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I just want Cyhi gone and for Consequence and Rhymefest to go back to writing for Kanye.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Wasn't expecting it, but YG was on Hot Ones (Hot Sauce Interview Show)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPw4MgkFfU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Dexo posted:

I just want Cyhi gone and for Consequence and Rhymefest to go back to writing for Kanye.

Which was mbdtf Kanye?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Tyga's first single with GOOD: http://picosong.com/zMnu/

It's okay I guess

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

gohmak posted:

Which was mbdtf Kanye?

cyhi- he even snuck a verse onto So Appalled

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

JackBobby posted:

cyhi- he even snuck a verse onto So Appalled

CyHi Kanye is the best Kanye then. Who is "just bleached her rear end in a top hat" Kanye?

gohmak fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 8, 2016

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vCUkmfmWU

Oh hey. It's lil Wayne calling the kettle wack.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

gohmak posted:

Good music said gently caress backpack we are going all in with trap huh.

i think at some point people realized turning their nose up at mainstream hip hop for something that was more "artistic" and "intellectual" just made them look like dicks/nerds

also trap is more fun

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

gohmak posted:

Yeah, what's Lil Wayne ever done for rap music [\sarcasm]

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wayne's right

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

where to go on triple six mafia after underground volume 1?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mystic Stylez on repeat forever

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Remember when Wayne was the poster child for lovely unintelligible rap? 2/3rds of youtube comments in 2009 were "lil wayne sucks and ruined hip hop". But rappers theeeeeeese days...

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Robert Analog posted:

Remember when Wayne was the poster child for lovely unintelligible rap? 2/3rds of youtube comments in 2009 were "lil wayne sucks and ruined hip hop". But rappers theeeeeeese days...

I reckon 95% of people saying that were Eminem fans who are STILL posting poo poo like this on Facebook:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Honestly if you're not still dressing like this you're literally killing hip hop

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
those shades are still A+

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

gohmak posted:

he's lost it

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

gohmak posted:

CyHi Kanye is the best Kanye then. Who is "just bleached her rear end in a top hat" Kanye?

that was also cyhi

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Actually he's Lil Wayne.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

Honestly if you're not still dressing like this you're literally killing hip hop

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Jellidelic posted:

where to go on triple six mafia after underground volume 1?

Chapter 2: World Domination is a classic.
When The Smoke Clears is a classic.
Most Known Unknown is a classic.

Then just get into the records of the era you like most.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Get tear the club up thugs and da headbussaz too

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Robert Analog posted:

Get tear the club up thugs and da headbussaz too

very true.

tear da club up thugs is an amazing album

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Robert Analog posted:

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

This tape is really really good, despite the dumb cover art. He is biting the Gucci flow pretty hard at times though. People in this thread don't like 21 Savage though, so this might be poo poo to you.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/young-nudy-slime-ball-new-mixtape.116509.html

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I don't know what it is about 21 savage because sometimes I'm really into his music and other times I think he's boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
21 Savage is always posting pics w him and metro is some of the production good at least?