Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's a super hard daily dungeon, you can either get Ore or a 4-5* raid hero drop. Those are: Shane, Espada, Velika, Karon, and Sieg.
If you can do it you might as well, it's only 5 Rubies to continue on Normal but I wouldn't kill yourself over it since it doesn't even have a guaranteed change to give you a hero.

The documentation for stuff like this is on the official page: http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=208&id=518244

Geeze I didn't even notice they added Item Awakening into the game. Pretty expensive, sounds like it's better to focus on doing guaranteed crafts now, and worry about awakening once everyone's decently geared up already.
That +1950 to HP though ...

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't think 'Ignores Defense' even ignores Block Rate does it? It doesn't seem like a real useful modifier generally speaking.

So is Da Qiao's void shield actually Hit-Based and not Attack-Based like the description indicates? Because that's what it seems to be. First thing that hit me in a match once was a Split Image Strike and it killed DQ outright. That would explain a lot, and the game's translation being terrible is not exactly a new thing.

Guild War season is over and I totally forgot to play it at all to get the costume :smith:
We got top 10% at least so there's that I guess.

Yeah, that's kind of the biggest issue with all this is that the translation is pretty inconsistent so it can be hard to tell what anything actually does/how it will interact just reading it.

As to her Void Shield I'm not actually sure, I'll have to pay a little more attention and see when it drops off while I'm using her. I can echo a previous poster in debunking someone else's claim: Da Qiao's buff removal does indeed not effect passives but it will put down Zombies. I did it twice in a row while doing one of the hard Dailies with a Zombie unit in it and both times he dropped like a rock after she used it.

Yeah, I'm kind of glad my Guild requires participation because it's one of the few Rachel costumes so far I actually like.

Incy posted:

What's this Dragons heroes dungeon that has popped up in the daily dungeons? It seems to absolutely wreck me (been playing for maybe 2 weeks), but is very light on documentation. Do I just ignore it?

I'd suggest running it on Easy for now. You still have at least some chance to get 4* drops out of it and it's significantly more doable. At most it might reduce your draw pool to just Shane, Seig and Espada because those are the only ones you fight but if that's the only way you can do it then it's better than nothing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am tripping Espadas and Velikas. I don't know why, I just seem to keep getting them in fusions. Should I be using them as fodder? I'm sitting on 3 of each right now.

e: The excess ones, that is.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 8, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I am tripping Espadas and Velikas. I don't know why, I just seem to keep getting them in fusions. Should I be using them as fodder? I'm sitting on 3 of each right now.

e: The excess ones, that is.

NOOOO! Get them to 6* and Transcend your core Velika. Can Transcend up to 5x to get her max level to 40.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you have another farming unit, espada is probably better for a raid team 1 than velika is, but if velika is your farmer she's better to transcend first.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

May is my farming bae. That cattling gun is fun as heck.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, that's kind of the biggest issue with all this is that the translation is pretty inconsistent so it can be hard to tell what anything actually does/how it will interact just reading it.

As to her Void Shield I'm not actually sure, I'll have to pay a little more attention and see when it drops off while I'm using her. I can echo a previous poster in debunking someone else's claim: Da Qiao's buff removal does indeed not effect passives but it will put down Zombies. I did it twice in a row while doing one of the hard Dailies with a Zombie unit in it and both times he dropped like a rock after she used it.

I did confirm from Reddit that DQ's Void Shield is hit-based. It seemed real inconsistent and that explains it.

Yeah DQ drops Immortality and active debuffs. What it doesn't drop is anything like Revives or Respawns. So for example, SWK's respawn despite having a turn limit can't be cleared by her active, but it can be reduced by buff reducers. Might work against Alice's Revive? I haven't seen her much in Arena anymore so I dunno. poo poo is really inconsistent, but SWK basically cheats the game mechanics anyway so it shouldn't be a surprise stuff just doesn't work on him.

Ariel and Bai Long's skills work the same was as well FWTW.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 8, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I did confirm from Reddit that DQ's Void Shield is hit-based. It seemed real inconsistent and that explains it.

Yeah DQ drops Immortality and active debuffs. What it doesn't drop is anything like Revives or Respawns. So for example, SWK's respawn despite having a turn limit can't be cleared by her active, but it can be reduced by buff reducers. Might work against Alice's Revive? I haven't seen her much in Arena anymore so I dunno. poo poo is really inconsistent, but SWK basically cheats the game mechanics anyway so it shouldn't be a surprise stuff just doesn't work on him.

Ariel and Bai Long's skills work the same was as well FWTW.

Yeah, Wukong's ability is pretty drat weird. If you pay attention when you try and use her ability it will actually refuse to do it with a little pop up that states "there are no buffs to remove," but Ace's Blossom Slash does seem to reduce the duration of the effect when used so . . . :shrug:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, it counts as a passive buff with duration like Damage Immunity is, instead of an Active Buff like Immortality does. :confused:

Also it sometimes does weird poo poo like override global cooldown completely so he just gets to use a skill instantly as soon as you kill him. And the best part is, if he dies at the same time as someone else with Immortality dies, he spawns over top of them. And then when you kill him, THEN the unit with Immortality respawns.

I've also seem him completely override the skill turn priority before but that was in a Special dungeon, and the PvE AI already cheats like crazy so I'm not sure if that's just something it can always do or if that's specific to SWK.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This looks fun. In as SAFatSamurai, adding people on the list.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

How do I send 5* heroes to new players?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

WAR FOOT posted:

How do I send 5* heroes to new players?

You need them added as a friend and they have to not have received one before

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Right, so I'm guessing if my list is showing as empty, everyone has received it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i need some newbies to send more units to or my current best friends to work hard and get me those last 300 points for my free 7k :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Right, so I'm guessing if my list is showing as empty, everyone has received it?

It's a pretty safe assumption, yeah

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Heads up in case anyone else is having the same problem as me: the Travel in September event mentioned in the Notices is active right now, but at least in my case the icon to access it isn't displaying properly on the right side of the screen. I'm currently installing the game on my actual phone (I play on Nox) to see if I can find the icon there.

Edit: It does appear on my phone but did not fix the issue back on Nox, interesting.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 9, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I have two questions: First, when does the 4 Lords puzzle expire? I only need one more guy before I get Ace.

Second, I have an instance of that guy in my roster, but got him before the event started. Can I make the game recognize him? Will it recognize him if I rank him up?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

I have two questions: First, when does the 4 Lords puzzle expire? I only need one more guy before I get Ace.

Second, I have an instance of that guy in my roster, but got him before the event started. Can I make the game recognize him? Will it recognize him if I rank him up?

It's my understanding that the puzzle itself is permanent, it's just that if you complete parts during the listed event period you'll get a 4 Lords Weapon along with the Lord themselves.

As to the latter I'm pretty sure it won't but I do not know from personal experience.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i need some newbies to send more units to or my current best friends to work hard and get me those last 300 points for my free 7k :v:

I got the Castle Rush quest for 32 points tomorrow and the Arena for 24 points in.... 45 matches! You'll have your 7K in no time! :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Is there a list of characters that are no longer available? I was watching a guide, and I couldn't read the Korean, but it had some female character with a staff with circling orbs, and firing purple skull magic everywhere, but I can't find them in the codex.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

Is there a list of characters that are no longer available? I was watching a guide, and I couldn't read the Korean, but it had some female character with a staff with circling orbs, and firing purple skull magic everywhere, but I can't find them in the codex.

The game is Korean made so that's almost certainly a character coming in the future.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ulDo9mlt2CV62kQXFruaLqFBkBs97ERjIqyBdOFxlFU/edit#gid=1836774655

That's one of the research tools I grabbed off of reddit.

Edit: To put a finer point on that, the only characters I'm aware of that were in the game but cannot be acquired now are the Blazblue and Guilty Gear collaboration heroes.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Got a kickass 6* sword for spike and made it purple quality. :)

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Wanted to ask people what I should be focusing on, as I'm not too sure. These are the notable heroes I have at the moment.

6 Star: Victoria
5 Star: Yu Shin, Diaochan, Shane, Phoenix, Sylvia
4 Star: Velika, Dellons, Jupy, Lina, Spike.

Defensive formation is at level 28 and I'm up to the level 65 mastery.

Not sure if I should just work on getting the 5 star people I have to level 6, or if I should refocus on any of the 4 stars I have instead. I can only do the daily dungeon on normal and currently pretty limited based on how many elements I have. Victoria doesn't seem very good, I thought I might use her to unlock another hero once I got them to 6. I'm in a decent guild that gets 20 check ins and an A or S rank castle rush reward typically.

I also have just been hanging onto any 5 or 6 star items I get since I'm not sure who to use them on, so I have quite a few.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you have one 6*, certainly don't throw her away just yet. Victoria is niche but not trash and you don't have a staff for her to support yet. Focus on building up your key players to 6* for now.

6* Yu Shin and Shane for sure; both are legit. Build up Dellons first, then Spike. Hang onto the others while you see who else falls into your lap. Phoenix will be one of your "fuse two 5* to make a random 6*" projects.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am going to disagree on Yu Shin as he is literally only useful in pvp, and since you clearly do not have a big roster of 6* pvp is mostly a waste of your time other than finishing quests

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yu Shin is very good for a ton of things though. Cooldown Increase is extremely powerful for Tower and Adventure clearing and farming. And a very strong 3x Pierce is likewise extremely good, as is being damage immune. I use him on almost every team I run other than CR and Raid.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yu Shin is very good for a ton of things though. Cooldown Increase is extremely powerful for Tower and Adventure clearing and farming. And a very strong 3x Pierce is likewise extremely good, as is being damage immune. I use him on almost every team I run other than CR and Raid.

Ditto, I picked him for my reward at the end of the Tutorial quest line and I haven't regretted it for a moment. It's frankly only now that I've got two of the Four Lords and three of the Seven Knights, please a bunch of other 6* characters that I'm starting to knock him off my teams. Even then it's mostly for specific things were he's not as useful as another character.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

So question about farming teams....I have these for 6*:
6* Velika+5 (32) with 2x speed weapons
6* Yuri, Lee Jung(32), Soi, Lina, Jave, Yui, Shane (34)
5* Rachel, Karon, Yu Shin, Daisy, Karin, Evan, Nezha, Zhao Yun, Yuri, 2x Velika

Most of the guides I see say crit/crit for farming and spd/spd for basically anything else. Should I switch velika to crit, switch over to jave as my farming unit, or just keep them both on spd? Right now I'm using a 3 fodder setup with yuri, but yuri can't actually one-shot waves quite yet but probably could if I unlock+ trans her

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got my Spike to 6* +5 and I'm decking him out in full 6* gear. I'm so hype for that rework.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

So question about farming teams....I have these for 6*:
6* Velika+5 (32) with 2x speed weapons
6* Yuri, Lee Jung(32), Soi, Lina, Jave, Yui, Shane (34)
5* Rachel, Karon, Yu Shin, Daisy, Karin, Evan, Nezha, Zhao Yun, Yuri, 2x Velika

Most of the guides I see say crit/crit for farming and spd/spd for basically anything else. Should I switch velika to crit, switch over to jave as my farming unit, or just keep them both on spd? Right now I'm using a 3 fodder setup with yuri, but yuri can't actually one-shot waves quite yet but probably could if I unlock+ trans her

I don't think Velika really needs speed for anything? She's not there in raids for her damage output at all, just for the damage reduction, so you might as well spec her into Crit for farming purposes. Speed tends to be more for PvP heroes or heroes who have special properties on their normal attacks (though it's never bad to have more speed, other stuff may just be more ideal).

I would definitely use Jave over Velika for farming in any event because he does considerably more damage and has piercing and is actually durable. But you do generally use at least 2 people for farming so I would assume you would use both?

E: The KR guide does recommend Speed for Velika though I don't know why, Jave is deffo Crit though.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 13, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

So far I have:

6*/5+ 36 May
6*/5+ Lina
6*/0+ Lania, Sarah
5*/5+ Velkia, Rudy, Rachel, Hevenia
5*/0+ Espada, Shane, Da Qiao, Diaochan, Mao Song, Rei, Ruri, Daisy, Ming Ming, Karin and Victoria

I'm trying to do the special dungeon so I can hopefully get more Da Qiaos, but I'm just getting absolutely ruined by guy who shoots lightning goddamn everywhere. Any advice?

e: general advice is good too

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 13, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

They have per-hit void shields but extremely little life once you get past those. Spam high-hit skills like May's gun and they should go down without too much trouble. I used Gip/Dellons/May and they took care of it by themselves on Easy. They are totally immune to debuffs so don't even bother with those, just pack as many void shields as you can.

With the new patch it looks like Espada is probably preferable for first line Raid over Velika now. Auto-Block built in and she has a high damage single target attack. Karon is looking way better now too, not that he wasn't already good.

E: I got a Da Qiao drop from my run so I apologize if I stole the one you wanted. (I wanted Yu Shin or Black Rose :saddowns:)
The new DQ outfit is really good too, wish I had more use for her or I'd buy it.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 13, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

My problem is that lead jerk seems to have 100% stun rate, and then all my folks die before the stun goes away.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

I'm really sorry for another question along those lines, but searching the hero names on reddit only gives out meta discussion and stuff. I'd love a reliable global tier list, there are so many heroes with cool anime attacks I have no idea who to keep or fodder besides 'these are the top 5 for X' units.
So: got 6* Bai Long, 6* Black Rose, 5* Cleo recently. Is any of those worth investing in / putting good gear on? My current setup (for everything) is 6* Spike, lvl 32 Espada (heck yes remake maybe?), 5* Aragon, 6* Velika and 4* Shane. Also, if Black Rose is strong enough should I get her super duper discounted Uniform?

In other news, game gave me Raid as a daily objective. Never did that before and I'm currently 14 3/4. Guess it's telling me to get a move on.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Wooze posted:

I'm really sorry for another question along those lines, but searching the hero names on reddit only gives out meta discussion and stuff. I'd love a reliable global tier list, there are so many heroes with cool anime attacks I have no idea who to keep or fodder besides 'these are the top 5 for X' units.
So: got 6* Bai Long, 6* Black Rose, 5* Cleo recently. Is any of those worth investing in / putting good gear on? My current setup (for everything) is 6* Spike, lvl 32 Espada (heck yes remake maybe?), 5* Aragon, 6* Velika and 4* Shane. Also, if Black Rose is strong enough should I get her super duper discounted Uniform?

In other news, game gave me Raid as a daily objective. Never did that before and I'm currently 14 3/4. Guess it's telling me to get a move on.

Black Rose is great. Buff remover, piercer, void shield, hide-in-plain-sight. She's an Arena staple.

Bai Long has zero defense but goes into immortal mode for three turns when KOed and has a buff remover. This makes him a useful meat shield any time you're not facing enemies with buff removal skills, i.e. don't expect miracles in Arena but he has definite uses.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Today's travel event was kind to me, I hit both the 4* element and the 6* hero spot, and my 6* hero was black rose. The element was water, which gave me my second 4* water, so my question is do I combine the two waters and use them on either Yuri or Ariel, my two five star mages, or should I promote 2 of my 4 star mages up to 5 stars, or save them, or some combination. My 4 star selection includes 1 Velika, 2 Espadas, and 3 Da Qiaos. My only other 6 stars atm are Velika and Shane, and my only really good 5* is Eileene.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

Today's travel event was kind to me, I hit both the 4* element and the 6* hero spot, and my 6* hero was black rose. The element was water, which gave me my second 4* water, so my question is do I combine the two waters and use them on either Yuri or Ariel, my two five star mages, or should I promote 2 of my 4 star mages up to 5 stars, or save them, or some combination. My 4 star selection includes 1 Velika, 2 Espadas, and 3 Da Qiaos. My only other 6 stars atm are Velika and Shane, and my only really good 5* is Eileene.

Pass on Yuri and Ariel. You're probably best focusing on Velika to transcend, DQ is pretty selectively useful (especially since you have Rose) and Espada, while good, is not as generally useful as Velika until you're trying to put together a serious second raid team.

Should note as well, all of these eventually do get Awokened versions so it's not like it's not good to work on Yuri and Ariel eventually (their awoken forms are quite good), just in terms of prioritizing they aren't very high for now.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 14, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently the proposed Spike changes are awesome for arena. I'm really excited, I've poured a ton of resources into him and it's gonna pay off!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Agoat posted:

Apparently the proposed Spike changes are awesome for arena. I'm really excited, I've poured a ton of resources into him and it's gonna pay off!

If nothing else it's pretty much impossible they'll make him worse for that. At best the current implementation of Freeze could be used to lock down an enemy team and kill them one by one but that doesn't really work with the random ability selection of Arena. So yeah, basically anything is better than an MMO style break on hit mez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Da Qiao's new costume is very cute, though. Very BlazBlue. Black Rose's all look v bad

• Locked thread