Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Just saw D Will and LeVeon Bell get drafted back to back in the first round. Williams went first...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Suave Fedora posted:

You have two options:

- use West as an RB2 or flex as long as he is out-producing Jamaal. Then flip him to that guy for Crowell.

- flip him now since you'd be getting good value for that pick.

Is the other guy desperate or would he devalue Ware once his volume drops?

I think he would only want Ware as long as Charles isn't fully recovered.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Start your studs but sit your Thursdays

You joke but I'm still having an argument in my head to go Stafford over Cam because I want as much exposure as possible to DET/IND offenses this week.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

So CBS doesn't force you to fill spots during a draft. I am playing without a kicker week 1. I am also predicted to win both double header games.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I have Cam and Denver's defense.

Tomorrow night is going to suck

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mr.Trifecta posted:

So CBS doesn't force you to fill spots during a draft. I am playing without a kicker week 1. I am also predicted to win both double header games.

Enjoy your loses.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Enjoy your loses.

It certainly wasn't intentional. We will see.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
looking at week one matchups and I don't know a bigger paper tiger than the Colts vs. QBs down the stretch last year:

Oh wow that's really good!

Oh wow nevermind

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Should I keep gates or eifert or Walker? Walker has a better match-up this week and I'm starting to think holding on to eifert isn't gonna work out.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I could use some advice regarding who to drop for a kicker in a 1 PPR league. I've got:

RB: Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, Justin Forsett, DeAndre Washington, Devontae Booker, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Julian Edelman, Donte Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Devin Funchess

I'm also eying Kamar Aiken on the waiver wire but that complicates matters further :shrug:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Chimeric posted:

I could use some advice regarding who to drop for a kicker in a 1 PPR league. I've got:

RB: Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, Justin Forsett, DeAndre Washington, Devontae Booker, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Julian Edelman, Donte Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Devin Funchess

I'm also eying Kamar Aiken on the waiver wire but that complicates matters further :shrug:

I'd drop Funchess.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm inheriting a pretty terrible keeper fantasy team, and will be starved for WRs, but will be picking first. I'm going to draft the highest ranked WR from Boris Chen's list as my first pick, but might not get other desirable top picks due to the keeper system. What are some good deals in the lower ranks that I should keep my eye out for?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Willfully, right? There isn't any mechanism preventing you from dropping the equivalent of Shaun Draughn for a kicker, right?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

surf rock posted:

I think he would only want Ware as long as Charles isn't fully recovered.

I'd make the trade. On paper Crowell should give you the better return RoS.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I'm inheriting a pretty terrible keeper fantasy team, and will be starved for WRs, but will be picking first. I'm going to draft the highest ranked WR from Boris Chen's list as my first pick, but might not get other desirable top picks due to the keeper system. What are some good deals in the lower ranks that I should keep my eye out for?

Funchess, Aiken, & Michael Thomas can all be taken very late in drafts and have a lot of upside.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I picked up Josh Brown in one league and was planning on just going kickerless in week 1, but are any of these guys no-brainers to be dropped to stream somebody like Bryant/Novak/Prater?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I've gone kickerless/defenseless in several games (BYE weeks, typically), but I would not do it in the first game where you can't predict to be able to take that loss of ~10 points.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I picked up Josh Brown in one league and was planning on just going kickerless in week 1, but are any of these guys no-brainers to be dropped to stream somebody like Bryant/Novak/Prater?

Can you just drop Brown again? It's a loving kicker and they're random as hell. It's not worth wasting a bench spot carrying two.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Docjowles posted:

Can you just drop Brown again? It's a loving kicker and they're random as hell. It's not worth wasting a bench spot carrying two.

Oh yeah, I guess so. :downs:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

LmaoTheKid posted:

You joke but I'm still having an argument in my head to go Stafford over Cam because I want as much exposure as possible to DET/IND offenses this week.

This is not necessarily the wrong decision. But it sure is a scary one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

I agree, hence the argument. I kept Cam for a 10th so its not like I spent all this draft capitol on him, but DSYS and all that so I'll probably keep Cam in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Not as scary as starting Cam this week, ha

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Willfully, right? There isn't any mechanism preventing you from dropping the equivalent of Shaun Draughn for a kicker, right?

Sure I can but waivers don't process until next week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Chimeric posted:

I'd drop West.

Also, gently caress it, I would start Stafford over Cam this week.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Your league has terrible settings.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I'm starting Carr over Newton this week. :bandwagon:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Professor Moriarty posted:

I'm starting Carr over Newton this week. :bandwagon:

Same, but over Cam and Big Ben.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
wrong thread :/

Miko fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 8, 2016

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Had my draft for my 10-team 2QB, 0.5 PPR keeper league last night. Walked away with this roster:

QB: Russell Wilson
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Thomas Rawls
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Jarvis Landry
WR: Allen Hurns
WR/RB: Rashad Jennings
TE: Travis Kelce
K: Hauschka
DST: Rams
Bench: Ryan Tannehill, Josh Gordon, Ryan Mathews, Charles Sims, Jerick McKinnon, Devontae Booker, Dion Lewis (now stashed in my IR slot).

If anyone has any hot takes on deep WR sleepers, I'm all ears.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/773923377388130305

:lol:

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I like AB's lego man hair.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Mr.Trifecta posted:

That is terrible and you should petition your commissioner to fix it before the season starts.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr.Trifecta posted:

What everyone else said. The mechanism blocking you is called lovely Rule.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Starting CJA tonight against my better judgement just so I have something to cheer for. Yay football!

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
ehats everyones opinion on Dalton? Should I be looking to pick up Osweiler against the bears?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
West just got listed above Ware in the depth chart.

Welcome back fantasy football!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

89 posted:

West just got listed above Ware in the depth chart.

Welcome back fantasy football!

I'm not seeing this anywhere, where did you hear it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

surf rock posted:

I'm not seeing this anywhere, where did you hear it?

http://www.chiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

AHAHAHAHA!

I feed on the panic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Soooo do I pick up West as a Charles owner? Probably worth it just to spite the dude who picked up Ware and has been bragging all week.

• Locked thread