Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Week 1 depth charts don't mean poo poo, y'all are playing yourselves.

In actual news worth worrying about :

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/773952753378918400

Oh wow the Pats being mysterious about a weeks-long Gronk injury who would've seen that coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

You guys are crazy. Cam is going to light it up tonight.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benne posted:

Week 1 depth charts don't mean poo poo, y'all are playing yourselves.

Remember like 2 weeks ago when Coby Fleener was listed as the Saints' #4 TE on their website for a while? There's a decent chance this change wasn't even intentional.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The Walrus; have you no shame!?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

gently caress, I've fallen for the trap and got involved in a discussion on Reddit about covariance.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Talk me out of dropping Woodhead for C. Mike. .5 ppr

I feel like I'm never going to feel comfortable starting Woodhead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Woodhead has been "a good fantasy running back" for multiple years. C.Mike has been a constant disappointment literally every year he's been in the league.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Do not drop a dude with a defined role for a handcuff in my opinion.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

weekly font posted:

Talk me out of dropping Woodhead for C. Mike. .5 ppr

I feel like I'm never going to feel comfortable starting Woodhead.

You keep the guy who actually catches passes in a .5 PPR league

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I believe Woodhead was the #8 overall RB last year in half PPR so you should probably keep him.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Those of you who use FAAB waivers: what days do you have waivers clear? And at what time?

My league just voted to switch this season so it's completely new for all of us. On one hand, a later waiver time means that there's opportunity to place bids during the afternoon leading up to a Thursday or Monday game. On the other hand, that rules out the ability to get a last minute player on Sunday AM.

If I set the time earlier to accommodate Sunday then now Thurs/Mon are screwed and any bids will have to be put in the night prior. In most cases I don't know if this matters but I can see how somebody would be upset if they don't have the foresight to bid early or if news on a player doesn't break until it's too late.

I wish ESPN had a smart setting that was "lock waivers 1 hour before earliest kickoff"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Midnight M,W,F,S,S

Or whatever 0pm Easten is.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Fantasy Football 2016: BeWare the Hype

commish
Sep 17, 2009

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I believe Woodhead was the #8 overall RB last year in half PPR so you should probably keep him.

But his inconsistency is just maddening. He had a lot of games of bad production, and a handful of weeks of great production. Nearly half his TDs for the year came in 1 game. I'm not saying I would drop him for CMike because CMike is an enormous question mark right now, but I would be leery about treating Woodhead as anything more than an RB3/Flex in good match-ups.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The problem with woodhead is his production relies solely on tds and his team being behind. He's just as likely to score 5 points as 25.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Send A.J. Green and LeGarrette Blount
Receive Demaryius Thomas and Jeremy Langford

It's a half PPR league. Current receivers are Green, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, Sterling Shepard, and Torrey Smith. Current RBs are Blount, Frank Gore, Ryan Mathews, Isaiah Crowell, and Dion Lewis.

I'm definitely thinner at RB than WR, but I want to be starting four WRs each week and only two RBs. I feel like I would be downgrading a starting receiver spot substantially in exchange for a slight upgrade on Gore and a boost to my RB depth.

Thoughts?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The problem I noticed last year with having any player on SD is that their defense is so bad so their offense is never on the field long enough to guarantee any kind of consistency

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who, if any, of these players would you trade for Christine Michael?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kiimo posted:

Who, if any, of these players would you trade for Christine Michael?

DGB. I would NOT trade Ginn or Clay if you were thinking about it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

commish posted:

But his inconsistency is just maddening. He had a lot of games of bad production, and a handful of weeks of great production. Nearly half his TDs for the year came in 1 game. I'm not saying I would drop him for CMike because CMike is an enormous question mark right now, but I would be leery about treating Woodhead as anything more than an RB3/Flex in good match-ups.

Papes posted:

The problem with woodhead is his production relies solely on tds and his team being behind. He's just as likely to score 5 points as 25.

His production relies on receptions, not TDs, not sure what you two are talking about honestly. In half PPR, I count 6 games with >9 points and no touchdown, out of 13 total games in which he didn't score a touchdown. Compare that to AP, who scored >9 points in 3/7 games without a touchdown, or Doug Martin, who scored >9 points in 6/11 games without a touchdown. So he has a similar fraction of games without touchdowns still being usable in fantasy, and he managed to be a top tier RB without scoring TDs in many games... Seems opposite of reliant on TDs.

Edit: though agreed on general "inconsistency." As someone pointed out in the thread earlier, the first half of the year he balled out, then SD seemed to really want to get Gordon going so fed him the ball constantly, then Woodhead picked right back up with monster games once Gordon got injured. So inconsistent week to week, but with very clear reasons why. This year looks to be another with Gordon getting fed, unfortunately.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spiros posted:

DGB. I would NOT trade Ginn or Clay if you were thinking about it.

Thanks!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

commish posted:

I'm sitting him for Stafford. YOLO.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

commish posted:

[citation needed]

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

[citation needed]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

[citation needed]

- Cam Newton

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

[citation needed]

- Someone who took him in the first 3 rounds.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

RVProfootballer posted:

His production relies on receptions, not TDs, not sure what you two are talking about honestly. In half PPR, I count 6 games with >9 points and no touchdown, out of 13 total games in which he didn't score a touchdown. Compare that to AP, who scored >9 points in 3/7 games without a touchdown, or Doug Martin, who scored >9 points in 6/11 games without a touchdown. So he has a similar fraction of games without touchdowns still being usable in fantasy, and he managed to be a top tier RB without scoring TDs in many games... Seems opposite of reliant on TDs.

Edit: though agreed on general "inconsistency." As someone pointed out in the thread earlier, the first half of the year he balled out, then SD seemed to really want to get Gordon going so fed him the ball constantly, then Woodhead picked right back up with monster games once Gordon got injured. So inconsistent week to week, but with very clear reasons why. This year looks to be another with Gordon getting fed, unfortunately.

I didn't say he was reliant on TDs, but regardless, we all agree that he is very inconsistent, and I would expect that to continue (or get worse, really) with a first round pick slotted in as the starting RB and Woodhead almost being 32. Melvin can't be that bad again, can he? CAN HE

VietCampo posted:

I wish I had Cam. I have to decide between Rivers against KC (who kill him) and Matt Ryan (who hates throwing TDS).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

commish posted:

I wish I had Cam. I have to decide between Rivers against KC (who kill him) and Matt Ryan (who hates throwing TDS).

I would like to take this opportunity to say, "gently caress Matt Ryan". Thank you and god bless.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Cam was the 1.01 pick in my draft. League commish turned on auto draft and that was his first choice.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How concerned should I be about this Gronk thing? Concerned enough to play a rookie TE tonight? Or should I wait and see if I need to grab a Richard Rodgers or a Charles Clay by Saturday?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Definitely wait until Sunday, he will probably play. If not, grab whoever Sunday morning.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

RVProfootballer posted:

His production relies on receptions, not TDs, not sure what you two are talking about honestly.

Woodhead getting receptions correlates with the Chargers playing from behind.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Vargo posted:

How concerned should I be about this Gronk thing? Concerned enough to play a rookie TE tonight? Or should I wait and see if I need to grab a Richard Rodgers or a Charles Clay by Saturday?

As a Gronk owner, I'm not putting much weight into it for a few reasons. #1, this is par for the course. Belichicanery is a real thing and Pat's injury reports should be taken with a grain of salt because this is not the only time the situation will come up this season. On top of that, changes to the injury designation system this year means that there is no more "probable" and Gronk will probably be listed as questionable for the entire season. It's going to be hard to say.

Then you have the fact that Gronk at 50% is still better than most TEs available. If he's playing, he's worth being in my lineup.

Lastly, there are two MNF games this week so worst case scenario I can look to grab someone like Jesse James. I'll expect to keep Gronk in the lineup and the only thing that will change it is hearing explicitly that he's OUT come Sunday evening.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vargo posted:

If Gronk is out search your heart and find Clive Walford

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Currently accepting all to The Clive Tribe

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Go ASJ Eric Ebron Will Tye Clive Walford.

Been a rough offseason for potential breakout tight ends.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
THE BLACK UNICORN RIDES AGAIN

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Clay and Miller

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It's Jared Cook time!

(Please?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

(Dynasty)Traded away Gronk, so I'm all in on the latest crop of big breakout TEs.

One of them has to break out... Right?

• Locked thread