Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I guess the idea of certified standardized pizza is only amusing to me

How about the atrocious certification logo they picked for Italy's flagship food?

It looks uncannily like the heading you'd find on a cheap takeaway menu. And if you appropriately follow the rules of OJ L 34, 5 February 2010, pages 7-17, annex II, this cheap clipart logo could bless your dining establishment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Made with real mustard, whole peppers, bay leaves, and goop.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, I preferred mice chat.

I just upgraded my PC after not playing FPS's for years and I'm sitting there getting owned in TF2 thinking I could really use a couple more mouse buttons.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
A second scooter has hit the tower!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/walmart-911-soda-display?utm_term=.xqX2mNwEP#.fhDK7R6le

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Busch did 9/11.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
A Walmart spokesperson told Orlando Weekly the display is being taken down. :911:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Croccers posted:

A Walmart spokesperson told Orlando Weekly the display is being taken down. :911:

tribute2.wmv

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

Spotted on our very forums:

I don't think you want the X in your "X meets Y" to be what people generally consider Tim Burton at his most complacent.

Our forums has a poor history with books written by people here.

Although the Gravity's Dustbowl/Mr. Shivers thread is still hilarious.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I work for walmart and vendors do all the big elaborate displays and have high standards on how the product is shown

Partially the blame of the vendor, partially walmart

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's the wrong thread, or maybe the right one, but I love the send off for Dos Equis' Most Interesting Man. He was basically the personification of Chuck Norris jokes, but I used to love his commercials, and keeping him as "The Most Interesting Man," even though they're working on a younger spokesperson makes me respect them a lot. I smiled when I watched him step on that rocket ship, and I usually hate ads. Even though I don't like the new guy, they keep putting TMIM on a pedestal in ads showcasing the new spokesman and it makes me not hate him, even though every part of me wants to hate him for his obvious inferiority to that gravely voiced old man

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That guy's later books like City of Stairs are great, it's a shame he was chased off. And The Traitor Baru Cormorant is loving awesome, if very sad.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

and I thought the Flaming Falafel doritos holocaust memorial was bad

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Krispy Kareem posted:

gently caress, I preferred mice chat.

I just upgraded my PC after not playing FPS's for years and I'm sitting there getting owned in TF2 thinking I could really use a couple more mouse buttons.

I've never felt the need for more mouse buttons in any game that I've played. I tried out an 'ergonomical' gaming mouse with extra buttons once, but it just felt awkward to use. Right now I'm just glad to have a normal Logitech mouse that doesn't double-click when I single-click like the previous piece of poo poo I owned.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Liminal States was really cool.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmW_j9IhAA

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Phanatic posted:

That guy's later books like City of Stairs are great, it's a shame he was chased off.

Eh, I tried reading that when people were jizzing over it in BB a while back and wasn't terribly impressed. I mean, him trying to be Effinger meets Kay was better than him trying to be McCarthy meets King or whatever he was going for in that first book but I was still not terribly impressed.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Phlegmish posted:

I've never felt the need for more mouse buttons in any game that I've played. I tried out an 'ergonomical' gaming mouse with extra buttons once, but it just felt awkward to use. Right now I'm just glad to have a normal Logitech mouse that doesn't double-click when I single-click like the previous piece of poo poo I owned.

If its a Logitech just give it a year or two and you will have your doubleclick back. They seem unable to produce micro switches that don't start failing way to soon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shai-Hulud posted:

If its a Logitech just give it a year or two and you will have your doubleclick back. They seem unable to produce micro switches that don't start failing way to soon.

Confirm. I doubt Logitech produces their own microswitches, but they can at least pick ones that fail reliably.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I always end up with Logitech because their mice are ubiquitous and cheap. Which brand would you recommend?

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I just continue to use Logitech and replace the micro switches when they start double clicking.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

You pretty much have to want to get used to them and relearn all your old 'reflexes' to make them pay off. I have one of those Cyber R.A.T. or whatever mice and it was GREAT for MWO for the few months I kept playing it after I got it. I did some halfhearted mapping for Diablo 3 that is only good for my meat grinder that is largely invincible anyway, and I haven't bothered for any of the other games. I guess what I'm saying is it's worth it if you want it to be, but not usually enough for what it costs vs. free mice from work.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Ok, so I just bought this thing for $30, but admittedly I have a pretty low threshold for buying gaming mice and controllers in general.

I think it's completely hideous and the IPS Ookla Speedtest built into the drivers is pandering to the worst parts of pc gaming, similar to the pro Xbox controllers for Call'a'Duty.

But! It has the two little buttons just to the left of the left mouse button just like my beloved M570 trackball. I prefer that button layout over the more classic Intellimouse style, so that's why I bought it. Also, because I am the worst.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Surely for an American this is one of the preferred ways to be remembered?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Tagichatn posted:

It was definitely good, but it really needed another pass-through or two by the editor. Near the end you've got that building-sized thing that comes out of the pit, as the helicopter's taking off, which is mentioned once and never brought up again.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Apple wireless headphones. I'm not totally adverse to the idea, but who dumps money on day one tech that you can't charge while in use and looks like would fall out and get lost with a half-hearted head slap or turning over in bed?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Apple wireless headphones. I'm not totally adverse to the idea, but who dumps money on day one tech that you can't charge while in use and looks like would fall out and get lost with a half-hearted head slap or turning over in bed?

Hipsters, millenials, people who are afraid if they don't have the latest and greatest tech (which the previous versions do the same thing) will fall out of favor with their friends. Also, rich people.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flaggy posted:

Hipsters, millenials, people who are afraid if they don't have the latest and greatest tech (which the previous versions do the same thing) will fall out of favor with their friends. Also, rich people.

Yo grandpa it's way past time to retire the word "hipster." Even when it was a thing (ten years ago) it meant people who were into vintage poo poo and conspicuously liked things that weren't mainstream. Stop using hipster to mean "people who get invited to parties" or whatever. It's just sad.

Incidentally a lot of millennials are in their 30s already, so this is your early warning to stop using that term to whine about Young People Today in the next couple years. You're well on the path to being like those baby boomers complaining about "Gen X Slackers" in like 2010.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The AirBuds will cost 200 bucks, too.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

How would you propose a company start with the second generation of a product?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Phlegmish posted:

I always end up with Logitech because their mice are ubiquitous and cheap. Which brand would you recommend?

My first Logitech mouse survived four years of college and all the moves that go along with that, then the right mouse button stopped working. The replacement (a g5) lasted through the fifth year of college (:saddowns:) and is still going strong six years after graduation. I'm a pretty heavy gamer, though not a pro StarCraft player or anything like that. I don't know whether I've been lucky, I'm a gentle clicker, he's an angry clicker, or if maybe the different models vary wildly in quality.

Or maybe he just has different expectations for lifespan of mice.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

carry on then posted:

How would you propose a company start with the second generation of a product?

Make them come with the product they're intended to be used with and make people buy the wired lightning port headphones separately :v:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I bought a Logitech MX518 - used - from an old classmate in my junior or senior year of high school. Seven years later, I'm using the same mouse today. It's so worn I wouldn't show it to anyone but I'm amazed it's lasted so long.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Lady posted:

I bought a Logitech MX518 - used - from an old classmate in my junior or senior year of high school. Seven years later, I'm using the same mouse today. It's so worn I wouldn't show it to anyone but I'm amazed it's lasted so long.
Mine lasted me from 7th grade to first year of college. Only reason I had to replace it was cause the cord gave out.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Blue Footed Booby posted:

My first Logitech mouse survived four years of college and all the moves that go along with that, then the right mouse button stopped working. The replacement (a g5) lasted through the fifth year of college (:saddowns:) and is still going strong six years after graduation. I'm a pretty heavy gamer, though not a pro StarCraft player or anything like that. I don't know whether I've been lucky, I'm a gentle clicker, he's an angry clicker, or if maybe the different models vary wildly in quality.

Or maybe he just has different expectations for lifespan of mice.
My Logitech mice have lasted so long that I end up replacing them out of grossness/deformities in the rubber grip instead of actual problems in function. Maybe their gaming mice are built more shoddily, but I'd be surprised if they were. :shrug:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Logitech used to be great but now suffers from a lot of the stuff that other budget brands do. It's no surprise their older stuff lasted forever, honestly, but now they try to shill 80 "gaming keyboards" with 5KRO and the board printed in such a way that Shift+Space only sends the Shift signal.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
To add some content, these adverts are making the rounds in Germany.

It reads

"Oralverzehr
Schneller kommst du nicht zum
Samengenuss"

And the #hashtag is #samensaft which can mean seed juice or semen juice.

Oralverzehr (oral consumption) is a play on Oralverkehr (oral sex) and Samengenuss (seed enjoyment) is a play on Samenerguss (ejaculation). The copy translates to:

"oral consumption/oral sex
No faster way to
Seed enjoyment/ejaculation"

It's chia seed juice. Why associate your brand with the taste of semen?

Zwille has a new favorite as of 12:19 on Sep 9, 2016

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Zwille posted:

To add some content, these adverts are making the rounds in Germany.

"oral consumption/oral sex
No faster way to
Seed enjoyment/ejaculation"

I thought Germans also frowned on puns, unlike the Japanese who loving love them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Puns are an efficient form of humor. No setup necessary, it's over quickly. The average Fritz can appreciate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nuevo posted:

I thought Germans also frowned on puns, unlike the Japanese who loving love them.

All cultures can appreciate a punny joke. Except for Britain; they have no pun.