Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Southeastern Northwest Territories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Attic Cocaine

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mom angry daughter wait-listed for only high school in Nelson, B.C.

CBC posted:

A Nelson, B.C., mother is livid her 14-year-old daughter is on a wait-list for the only high school in the city, while about 50 international students are attending L.V. Rogers Secondary this year.

Today, on the second day of school, Camara Cassin said she still hasn't received an official answer about whether her daughter Solara can start Grade 9, though the school district has told CBC News all catchment-area students will be accommodated.

Cassin voiced her outrage yesterday in a Facebook post that has been shared more than 2,500 times in 24 hours, detailing what happened when she tried to register her daughter.

She missed the March 31 deadline by "about a week," she said, not realizing early April was too late to apply for a transfer from homeschooling.

Cassin was told Solara would be on a wait-list.

"I said OK, when am I going to have an answer whether she's in or not?" she recalled. They didn't know, and she was told to call back.

Several months and phone calls later, still no answer.

"I said well that's not OK. Like, I need an answer. Am I going to have to move to a different town? Do I need to enroll her in a different school? Do I need to homeschool her again next year?"

L.V. Rogers Secondary School

Some students and parents at L.V. Rogers Secondary School in Nelson aren't happy with class scheduling this year. (Google Maps)
'This is crazy'

Yesterday, Cassin didn't want her daughter to miss out on the first day of school, so they went anyway despite being told wait-listed students should stay home.

"It's the start of a new part of her life," said Cassin. "I think it's an important psychological moment to start school."

They found their way into a school-wide assembly, where Cassin learned from the principal that 50 international students were enrolled at L.V. Rogers that year.

"This is crazy," Cassin remembered thinking, when students in the catchment area are still on a wait-list. "I was angry."

When she got home, she learned the school district gets $12,000 in tuition from each international student, compared to about $7,000 from the ministry for each local student.

"It's just not right the local kids can't go to school, because the school district has to meet their funding deficit by having international students cover the bills." said Cassin.

International Program

The Kootenay Lake School District and the B.C. Ministry of Education both say international students have nothing to do with the wait-list at L.V. Rogers or other schools.

"It is entirely wrong to suggest any international students are displacing local students," said the ministry in a statement.

The school district does actively market internationally, including to China, Germany, Japan, South Korea and Brazil.

But those students were registered before the March 31, deadline, said superintendent Jeff Jones.

"The international students are not the issue," said Jones in an interview with Daybreak South host Chris Walker. Each school receives money from the international students' tuition to support them and other students in the school, he said.

The problem in Cassin's case was registering late, he said.

Across the district, 163 people applied to transfer on time, and 142 applied late, Jones said. 'We will accommodate them'

There are five students who, like Solara, live in the catchment for L.V. Rogers but are currently wait-listed, said Jones.

The school will find room for all of them before the end of the week, he said.

"We will accommodate them," said Jones. "We are required ... to accommodate students who live in a catchment area."

The school district has difficulty finding classes for wait-listed students by the first day, he said, because they have to juggle them —the kids who are registered but don't show up, and the kids who show up but weren't registered.

When asked why Cassin wasn't given a clear answer over a summer of worry, Jones admits there could have been better communication.

'We can certainly improve our messaging to the parents so they understand the process that's in front of them."

This ticks all the boxes. Best place on Earth, oops I forgot to register my homeschooled angel for school in time, high schools in bumfuck BC apparently milking international students for $12k/year, something I naively thought was the business of overrated undergrad programs... beautiful.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

My gp works 4 days a week because he spends the fifth teaching student doctors. Sometimes he's gone for a month because hes volunteering for MSF. Somehow we get by in this travesty.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
What good is a world where everything's reason for existence isn't to give you your super duper totally earned Hanjob.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

vyelkin posted:

Southeastern Northwest Territories

Baja Nunavut

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

eXXon posted:

Mom angry daughter wait-listed for only high school in Nelson, B.C.

This ticks all the boxes. Best place on Earth, oops I forgot to register my homeschooled angel for school in time, high schools in bumfuck BC apparently milking international students for $12k/year, something I naively thought was the business of overrated undergrad programs... beautiful.

kids name was Solara and was home schooled, wasn't finishing high school anyways

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

terrorist ambulance posted:

kids name was Solara and was home schooled, wasn't finishing high school anyways
This is Canada; if you're naming your kid after a mediocre convertible you best name them Mustang :colbert:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Furnaceface posted:

How long has northern Ontario been planning to separate and become its own province? How am I just hearing about this now? What the hell would they call it?

"Superior Ontario"

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Furnaceface posted:

How long has northern Ontario been planning to separate and become its own province? How am I just hearing about this now? What the hell would they call it?

And more importantly, will Patrick Brown see his calling if this happens? Its basically a guaranteed for life job as a Conservative leader. Ikantski can have all his wildest dreams come true as well!

Well healthcare would be covered by transfer payments, so they have that. However, good luck funding the rest of your services with a population of under a million with below average wages.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Entropic posted:

"Superior Ontario"

"Upper Canada"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Furnaceface posted:

They should take a page from the Virginias and Irelands and call it Northern Ontario just to make it really confusing.

"Where do you live?"
"I live in norther-- uh, north Ontario."
"Northern Ontario?"
"No, the north of regular Ontario, but very close to Northern Ontario."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The Province of Helpless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7rQvJgTQ9U

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Subjunctive posted:

"Upper Canada"

"Real Ontario"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"Greater Sudbury"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Subjunctive posted:

"Upper Canada"

I mean, if we're looking historically here it should be "Lower Canada"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I mean, if we're looking historically here it should be "Lower Canada"

Lower Canada was Quebec. But I think Rupert's Land should be safe from these kind of confusions.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
The Democratic People's Republic of Ontario.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

vyelkin posted:

Lower Canada was Quebec. But I think Rupert's Land should be safe from these kind of confusions.

I was more referring to their relative north/south positions

e: yes i know upper and lower were in reference to their relative positions on the st lawrence please stop analyzing my jokes tia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In honour of the new God-Emperor For Life of the eleventh province, and in honour of our nation's history, I propose we name the new province "Patrick's Land".

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Clearly Northern Ontario. They already have a curling team so they have to use it.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Wynee's plan for low approval rates and overall dissatisfion with the Libs? Just unplug the computer and turn it back on again.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/wynne-proroguing-1.3752965

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

patonthebach posted:

Wynee's plan for low approval rates and overall dissatisfion with the Libs? Just unplug the computer and turn it back on again.

This is how legislative democracy works. :ssh:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
So I guess the NDP leadership is starting to reconsider the wisdom of delaying the leadership race for so long after Mulcair's embarrassing defeat at the last convention. I still can't think of any reason -- other than stubborn and wounded pride -- why Mulcair didn't resign immediately after the convention (honestly, I was surprised he didn't resign the night of the election and was actually arrogant enough to run for a review at all).

quote:

Tom Mulcair unlikely to return to parliament as NDP leader after low profile during summer

John Ivison and Jen Gerson | September 7, 2016 6:55 PM ET

A year ago, polls predicted Tom Mulcair would be Canada’s next prime minister. But with the New Democrats dredging new lows in recent public surveys, party sources now suggest it is highly unlikely he will return to the House of Commons later this month as leader.

Mulcair announced at the NDP’s national convention in Edmonton last April that he would resign, after 52 per cent of delegates voted for a change in leadership. But he said he would remain in the top job on an interim basis until a replacement was chosen next October.

However, multiple party sources have expressed disquiet at the low profile Mulcair kept over the summer, avoiding public appearances on Canada Day, St-Jean-Baptiste Day and at Pride Toronto.

A number of current and former NDP MPs confirmed that discussion about giving Mulcair “an ultimatum” has carried on throughout the summer at senior party levels, and laid out a scenario that would see an attempt to force a resolution when the NDP caucus convenes next week in Montreal. (None were willing to speak on the record because of the sensitivity of the matter.)

“This thing is coming to a head,” one MP said. “We will give the guy the honourable way out, if he wants to stay on in the House as a senior statesman. But the captain has to show up, especially when the ship is taking on water.”

One former MP, who lost his seat in the 2015 election, said he had hoped Mulcair would leave over the summer, having somewhat redeemed himself with his performance in the House after his defeat in Edmonton.

“I knew he wouldn’t have the fortitude or disposition to do what leaders need to do during the summer when they are angling to be the next prime minister,” he said.

One senior caucus member, New Westminster-Burnaby MP Peter Julian, said he had not heard about any concerted efforts to remove Mulcair. “Our focus at the caucus retreat is going to be on the fall session. I’m hearing more and more people raising concerns about the rhetoric from the Trudeau government and what they are delivering,” he said.

Mulcair did not respond by press time to a request for comment on any attempt to force him to resign the leadership ahead of schedule, but in an interview with the National Post late last month he addressed questions about his recent low profile. “I’ve been taking a bit of time off this summer with my family. That’s something I haven’t had the chance to do over the last nine years,” he said.

Mulcair disputed the notion that he had been an absentee leader — he’d been in Ottawa every week over the summer, he said, working on files including the Liberals’ Latvian deployment, changes to the Supreme Court appointment process and the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s plan to investigate itself over concerns about Ontario nuclear plants.

“I’ve spent five years missing family weddings” because of party commitments, Mulcair said. He and his wife had attended one this summer on a rare vacation together in France, he said. And at the cottage, Mulcair helped his grandchildren build a tree fort, complete with a pulley-and-basket system for bringing up snacks.

“There is no question that there are issues out there crying out for substantive analysis. But the dog days of summer has not been the best time,” Mulcair said. “I think we’ve done a decent job defining issues.”

Others are unconvinced. “The reality is that Tom Mulcair should have resigned after the convention,” Unifor president Jerry Dias told the Post. “The NDP right now, federally, until he steps aside, is stuck in the mud. They have no leader and the leader they have is MIA.”

Recent polls show the NDP as the choice of about 13 per cent of voters, compared with the Conservatives’ 29.5 per cent and the Liberals’ stratospheric 48 per cent.

Although polls mean only so much several years removed from an election, the NDP’s lacklustre showing there is reflected more meaningfully in its fundraising numbers. Between January and July, the party reported a comparatively sparse haul of just over $2.4 million, compared with more than $6 million during the first two quarters of 2015. While the 2015 figure was bolstered by it being an election year, the sense among a number of NDP supporters is that being “off the radar all summer” has hurt them badly. By comparison, the Conservatives and Liberals reported contributions totalling $10.5 million and $8.9 million, respectively, over the same period.

The decision on who might succeed Mulcair in the interim rests with the NDP’s federal council, but the sense among MPs is that the choice ultimately will be left to caucus, with Nathan Cullen, Julian and Murray Rankin considered front-runners, provided they do not run for the leadership in October 2017.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I hope Niki Ashton PhD is in the running

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is there a Canadian equivalent podcast to "Keeping It 1600"? (Ex-insiders discussing current events). The Only podcast I listen to now is P&P and I'd like to expand.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

cougar cub posted:

Is there a Canadian equivalent podcast to "Keeping It 1600"? (Ex-insiders discussing current events). The Only podcast I listen to now is P&P and I'd like to expand.

I don't know about that, I never listen to podcasts.

BUT I did listen to this one today, recorded yesterday, and thought it was quite good.

Has Conservatism Fallen Off The Right Edge Of The Cliff? with Stephen Lautens

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/canadianglen/2016/09/08/has-conservatism-fallen-off-the-right-edge-of-the-cliff-with-stephen-lautens

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Electoral campaign financing fraud and falsified accounting? It's okay, just don't do it again -- Government of Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/snc-lavalin-campaign-donations-1.3752869 posted:

According to the compliance agreement, the commissioner says former senior executives with the Montreal-based engineering firm solicited employees to make political contributions and in some cases, those employees were reimbursed with false personal expenses, fictitious bonuses or other benefits.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Abacus Data posted:

WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN A POLITICAL LEADER? PART 2

September 5, 2016

By Bruce Anderson & David Coletto

As the Conservative and New Democratic parties are in the process of choosing new leaders, we asked Canadians about the qualities they would want to see in a political leader.

We gave people a list of 34 potential qualities and asked them to decide which ones were “must haves”, “nice to haves” or less important than that. What did we find?

The 8 most broadly considered “must haves” (45% or more said it was a must have):

• Understand different parts of the world
• Think a lot about the future of the world
• Think about what’s right for the next generation
• Be open minded about different lifestyles
• Care about the poor
• Ask for help when you need it
• Seek advice from smart people everywhere
• Apologize when you make a mistake

Among the other interesting things in the results:

• 41% say speaking both official languages is a must have. That masks a large gap between Francophones (68%) and Anglophones (32%).

• Always being polite and thoughtful with others is more highly sought than someone who never backs down and always looks strong.

• Few people care greatly if a leader comes from either an accomplished or less affluent family, loves the outdoors or music, books, and the arts.

When we combine the things people say are “must haves” with “really like to have” here are some other points that stand out.

• Thinking about what’s right for the next generation and understanding different parts of the world are at the very top of the list. As a point of context, almost 80% say these are must or really like to have qualities, while only 44% say that about knowledge “about how to make a buck” or make a payroll.

• Almost as highly rated are seeking advice from smart people (76%), asking for help when you need it (75%), and apologizing for a mistake (74%). This suggests that people value humility and open-mindedness more than the idea of the perfectly formed, strong leader who never blinks or reconsiders an action or idea.

• The notion that leaders are expected to come from perfect, close-knit families is not of great importance to most Canadians. It ranked 30th of the list of 34 items.

Over the next few days, we’ll dig into this data to show how our criteria for leaders varies depending on gender, generation, political inclination.

- See more at: http://abacusdata.ca/what-do-we-look-for-in-a-political-leader-2/#sthash.cZ0Oj9xZ.dpuf

THE UPSHOT

Bruce Anderson: “Political commentary for years has included a lot of conventional wisdom about what people like in leaders. Much of it has suggested that we prefer people from accomplished backgrounds, people who are self-possessed. Leaders with a plan, and great determination in the face of resistance. How many times has strong leadership been equated with never apologizing?

These results suggest a different and more nuanced reality. They reveal that we like people with open, curious minds. We want leaders who think about the bigger picture and the longer term. Leaders who seek out and want to hear good ideas from other people. We value politeness over manifestations of power – and we believe that saying you’re sorry when you should is no weakness, rather a virtue.”

METHODOLOGY

Our survey was conducted online with 2,010 Canadians aged 18 and over from August 22 to 25, 2016. A random sample of panelists was invited to complete the survey from a large representative panel of over 500,000 Canadians.

The Marketing Research and Intelligence Association policy limits statements about margins of sampling error for most online surveys. The margin of error for a comparable probability-based random sample of 2,010 is +/- 2.2%, 19 times out of 20.

The data were weighted according to census data to ensure that the sample matched Canada’s population according to age, gender, educational attainment, and region. Totals may not add up to 100 due to rounding.

Abacus Data Inc.

We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and value-added insight. Our team combines the experience of our Chairman Bruce Anderson, one of Canada’s leading research executives for two decades, with the energy, creativity and research expertise of CEO David Coletto, Ph.D.

- See more at: http://abacusdata.ca/what-do-we-look-for-in-a-political-leader-2/#sthash.cZ0Oj9xZ.dpuf

namaste faggots posted:

I hope Niki Ashton PhD is in the running

She always does, and the NDP are desperate enough now that I could almost see people reading these numbers and thinking "why not?"

Abacus Data posted:

As the Conservative and New Democratic parties are going to choose new leaders, we asked Canadians about the qualities they would want to see in a political leader. This more detailed work will be released in the next few days.

But first, we wanted to highlight the results of two questions, dealing with the age and gender of a political leader. Here’s what we asked:

1. If the choice of a new leader for a political party came down to a man or a woman, and both were equally qualified, would you pick the man or the woman?

2. If the choice of a new leader for a political party came down to a person under 50 or a person over 50, would you pick the younger or older person?

Here’s what we found:

• In the gender-based contest, the woman would win (54%).

• While 31% of women would vote for the man even more (38%) of men would vote for the woman.

• Younger men and younger women tilted things about 4-5 points in favour of the female candidate, indicating that generational change is helping propel this shift in thinking.

• Conservative voters would choose the man (63%). Notably, 52% of female Conservative voters would vote for the man, 21 points higher than average. In contrast, 77% of female NDP voters and 69% of female Liberal voters would pick the woman.

When we combine preferences for the age and gender of potential party leaders, we find that more Canadians prefer a young female candidate to any other combination. 37% would prefer a young female candidate, all else being equal, while 27% would prefer a combination of young and male. 20% would prefer an older male while 17% would prefer an older woman.

Conservative voters are most likely to prefer an older male candidate (43%) and least likely to prefer a younger female candidate (13%). NDP voters are most likely to prefer a younger female candidate (44%) and least likely to prefer an older male (14%).

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

sliderule posted:

Electoral campaign financing fraud and falsified accounting? It's okay, just don't do it again -- Government of Canada

quote:

The commissioner's report Thursday singles out almost $118,000 in contributions made to federal parties and subsequently reimbursed, including:

Liberal Party of Canada: $83,534.51;
Various registered riding associations of the Liberal Party of Canada: $13,552.13;

Contestants in the Liberal Party of Canada's 2006 leadership race: $12,529.12;
Conservative Party of Canada: $3,137.73; and
Various registered riding associations and candidates of the Conservative Party of Canada: $5,050.00.

According to the compliance agreement, the commissioner says former senior executives with the Montreal-based engineering firm solicited employees to make political contributions and in some cases, those employees were reimbursed with false personal expenses, fictitious bonuses or other benefits.

Under current election rules, employees are welcome to make political donations and volunteer on their own time, but can't be rewarded by their employer for doing so, or use company resources in the process.

"I am pleased that this agreement was reached. It once again shows our desire and commitment to resolve past issues," SNC-Lavalin's president and CEO Neil Bruce said. "Our cooperation with the Commissioner reflects the efforts and progress we have made in terms of ethics and compliance since 2012, which our clients and partners now recognize."

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

patonthebach posted:

How nice that she recognizes there is an energy problem in this province. I'm glad it only took a decade of energy policy mismanagement.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The energy policy mismanagement goes back to before Wynne or the Liberals were in office. For some reason this message is always interpreted as somehow shifting blame to Harris, but it's the truth. Unless a political party comes along that is willing to repudiate the last 20+ years of energy policy (and so far none of the three major parties are offering to do that) then there's no reason to assume things will get significantly better. Blaming Wynne is like blaming Pillsbury Doughboy for making you fat. She's just the latest mascot fronting for the terrible decisions our society made in the last couple decades when we started drinking the market fundamentalist cool-aid in the 1990s.

The whole point of a public utility wasn't just to generate money for the province, it was to allow the government to keep power costs low as a cost saving to both consumers and industry. We used to be able to complete much more effectively with low-wage manufacturing in other countries by virtue of having unusually cheap energy. We also used to have a forward looking government that was building lots of nuclear power, and while some of those big investments were arguably too grandiose and pushed up costs, it's hard in retrospect not to conclude that the bad old days of government managed electrical policy were a hell of a lot better than the mismash of deregulation and privatization that successive waves of Conservatives and Liberals have unleashed upon us.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

quote:

The energy policy mismanagement goes back to before Wynne or the Liberals were in office. For some reason this message is always interpreted as somehow shifting blame to Harris, but it's the truth. Unless a political party comes along that is willing to repudiate the last 20+ years of energy policy (and so far none of the three major parties are offering to do that) then there's no reason to assume things will get significantly better. Blaming Wynne is like blaming Pillsbury Doughboy for making you fat. She's just the latest mascot fronting for the terrible decisions our society made in the last couple decades when we started drinking the market fundamentalist cool-aid in the 1990s.

They've had a long time to at least start addressing the situation and instead have made it objectively worse. They might not be the first but that's cold comfort. It's been subsidization and investment into energy alternatives despite a power surplus, often against recommendations by studies that they commissioned in the first place. I'm not really expecting anything other than a bandaid to keep them relevant in 2018 anyway but energy policy is something I'm going to be looking at closely in the election.

quote:

We also used to have a forward looking government that was building lots of nuclear power, and while some of those big investments were arguably too grandiose and pushed up costs, it's hard in retrospect not to conclude that the bad old days of government managed electrical policy were a hell of a lot better than the mismash of deregulation and privatization that successive waves of Conservatives and Liberals have unleashed upon us.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the insurance industry in Ontario sometime too.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

cougar cub posted:

The Strategists. They're Alberta-based so a lot of their episodes have a heavy Alberta-focused but they also cover federal politics. Last episode was a deep-dive into the Alberta PCs' new leadership rules.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Who'd have thought our super pretty woke prime minister would concern troll about whether the provinces should raise their minimum wages? Watch the interview with Neil Piercy -- CBC didn't think it was worth the time to add the discussion about minwage to the synopsis. In particular take the time to appreciate his sick burn after PMcutie immediately dismisses the minimum wage to talk about creating growth and opportunities -- "but in the meantime I'll be starving and maybe living in the streets by the time I'm 65."

~gently caress the liberals~

its perfectly fine guys we don't have to do anything to help the needy in any way we just need to kneel and grovel in front of international capital until suddenly high paying jobs everywhere

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

"I was pleasantly surprised to see your cabinet [had] gender parity," Atifi told Trudeau. "But I couldn't help but notice, and I think I'm not the only one, that there's no representatives from the black community."

The prime minister replied that there's always more to do.

:laffo:

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Heavy neutrino posted:

..."but in the meantime I'll be starving and maybe living in the streets by the time I'm 65."

~gently caress the liberals~

its perfectly fine guys we don't have to do anything to help the needy in any way we just need to kneel and grovel in front of international capital until suddenly high paying jobs everywhere

My fall back retirement option is mugging international capital.

Lucky for me, Vancouver is full of them and they are typically small.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Assholish reminder that black people make up 3% of the population. It's far more egregious a racial oversight that there aren't any East Asian and specifically Chinese people in his cabinet.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

the trump tutelage posted:

Assholish reminder that black people make up 3% of the population. It's far more egregious a racial oversight that there aren't any East Asian and specifically Chinese people in his cabinet.

Hahaha here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
No fat people either, thats discrimination too i think