Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/creamed-corn-cornbread-recipe.html Just a note of warning, the recipe is fantastic, but if you're used to sweeter cornbread you might want some honey or jam on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SubponticatePoster posted:

I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/creamed-corn-cornbread-recipe.html Just a note of warning, the recipe is fantastic, but if you're used to sweeter cornbread you might want some honey or jam on hand.

I just use the recipe that is on the container of Quaker cornmeal. Although I tend to use a little more sugar because I do like sweeter cornbread.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
You could easily up the sugar too, since it's a quickbread you don't have to worry about excess sugar causing yeast to go bugfuck.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
What's the name of the ps4 blops community? Been playing this awful game again lately and I wanna team up.
haris_pilton_ is my psn handle.
I'm a 1kd scrublord.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

SubponticatePoster posted:

food network is cool and good

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

haris pilton posted:

What's the name of the ps4 blops community? Been playing this awful game again lately and I wanna team up.
I'm a 1kd scrublord.

Don't sell yourself short dude. Nine years ago, I was a 1 kd scrub. Practice pays off.

Send a request to Mister_Macys. I'll add you to the group after work.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Don't sell yourself short dude. Nine years ago, I was a 1 kd scrub. Practice pays off.

Send a request to Mister_Macys. I'll add you to the group after work.

Thx

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haris pilton posted:

I'm a 1kd scrublord.

If you want to get better at this game just keep an eye out for my always correct opinions on the various weapons and perks in this game.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you want to get better at this game just keep an eye out for my always correct opinions on the various weapons and perks in this game.

Haha okay. fyi I use a kn-44 with quickdraw, high caliber, long barrel and quickfire. Ttk is quite fast imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

KN-44 is legit good.

(Every starting gun is good)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I managed to get Bliss on the ol' Man-O-War, then started on the opposite one (Chameleon?). Last game before I had to do work, and I get one of the dumbest killcams.

It was just me crouched with the Man-O-War ADSing a passage, and I killed a guy who was also ADSing a passage but walking forward.

Point is, going perkless is indeed much worse than going attachmentless. Especially if you play to a gun's initial strengths.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm ready to join the Xbone group, I think. I am finally hitting my stride in this god forsaken game

My overall KD is like 0.78 which is shockingly low considering lately I've been doing nothing but going like 26-5 in games. I guess I was really lovely when I first bought the game

barnold fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 8, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

haris pilton posted:

Haha okay. fyi I use a kn-44 with quickdraw, high caliber, long barrel and quickfire. Ttk is quite fast imo

let me help you here:

default unlocked perks
brecci with laser, faster fire rate thing, long barrel or whatever
dual lcar9

this is the best class ever created and all you need. make one that is identical but with a vmp instead of a brecci for bigger maps. you are welcome

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm on now on ps4, if anyone wants to shoot some mans

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Obese Janissary posted:

I'm on now on ps4, if anyone wants to shoot some mans
I'll be on as soon as I get my goddamn LP update posted, stupid YT taking forever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Stux posted:

let me help you here:

default unlocked perks
dual lcar9

this is the best class ever created and all you need. make one that is identical but with a vmp instead of a brecci for bigger maps. you are welcome

Hard to argue with this, though I'll stick with my Mister Six.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Noodle hot tip of the day: if someone suggests to you a setup that doesn't start with BRM they're an idiot.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

For a guy with a xim, I don't understand why you consistently prefer to nerf your Ferrari-level movement and aim advantage with the equivalent of a Volvo stationwagon. :iiaca:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

For a guy with a xim, I don't understand why you consistently prefer to nerf your Ferrari-level movement and aim advantage with the equivalent of a Volvo stationwagon. :iiaca:

Why settle for a Volvo when you can get the Hummer H1's bulk? I mean of course the Gorgon. Find a spot, ADS, two-shot any sucker who tries to cross your path.

I say as I prefer that playstyle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Doesn't turn or strafe drift worth a poo poo when giving it the beans, even with a Stock.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Noodle hot tip of the day: if someone suggests to you a setup that doesn't start with VMP they're an idiot.

Ftfy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

I just got Diamond on Sniper Rifles so it's on to ARs and SMGs to gain some mobility and repair my KD.

BRM is the tried and true laser gun that don't miss. You don't need mobility when you're a walking sentry gun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

People shoot back. I didn't get a dozen perfect games with my BRM by standing still.
Make sure you at least put a Stock on every LMG. I'd remove Fast Mags before I swapped out Stock.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 9, 2016

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Thanks for the invites, guys. I had signed off to get ready for bed when it looked like the party would keep rolling.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Stux posted:

let me help you here:

default unlocked perks
dual lcar9

holy gently caress this gun and the gorgon are the craziest guns in the game hahahahaha

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Turdsdown Tom posted:

holy gently caress this gun and the gorgon are the craziest guns in the game hahahahaha

Just remember to stay a bit far away as a Gorgon user, and you should be fine.

Maybe somethings to help keep the recoil down or something.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

As long as you have half cover, LMGs are devastating in a defensive setup. You shouldn't have issue with the recoil for any of them, regardless of range.

Also, I now have the HG-40. It's pretty fun. I don't know what it was like pre-buff, but it's crazy accurate and easy to control.
40-9 first game with it. :iia:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 9, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Half cover meaning "can easily cover you if crouched" or something like th Macy's window or even Nuketown Sniper Bedroom?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Half cover when standing, so the Nuk3town/Redwood windows, yellow barrels, the gift shops on Metro, the AC on Breach, etc..

Roughly waist to lower torso height. LMGs' rates of fire are low, but if you force the enemy to hit cover once or twice, you'll win every time.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 9, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fair enough. Might try it in a few games with the Gorgon and the Manowar since the latter is just a smaller mag LMG apparently and I need both Longshots and stock variant kills.

Long Shots can be cheesed with a Varix/Suppressor, yeah? Just wanna make sure before I do that.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Turdsdown Tom posted:

The Gorgon is a trap gun. Sure, you have a 2-hit kill but it comes at the expense of the slowest ADS time in the game, an ADS move speed slower than the Scythe, and a magazine that's as large as the VMP's. One of the few guns that I really hated during my Dark Matter quest.

The Dingo and BRM are alright, and the Dredge can melt people, especially in Hardcore where it's "aim in general direction of enemy, get a kill."

fakeedit:

widespread posted:

Long Shots can be cheesed with a Varix/Suppressor, yeah? Just wanna make sure before I do that.

Suppressor does nothing to long shot distance, and Varix glitch got taken out a long time ago. The MoW is one of the easier ones to do in Core with Long Barrel + High Cal giving you a 2HK at any sightline in the game.

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 9, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

Fair enough. Might try it in a few games with the Gorgon and the Manowar since the latter is just a smaller mag LMG apparently and I need both Longshots and stock variant kills.

What Godzilla said. LMGs are accurate enough that anywhere you would snipe/use ARs to get longshot kills, they will work too.
Just pick what works best for you... though I have to recommend the BOA 3; it runs the line between adequate zoom for distance shots, and CQB quite nicely.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just watched about an hour or more of Infinite Warfare footage. It looks completely uninspired; like a watered down version of Blops3. Is there going to be a beta?

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014
Consoles, yes. PC no.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Stux posted:

let me help you here:

default unlocked perks
dual lcar9

What's with the laser on the Brecci

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm going to be in SF during the beta weekend :rip:

Drav posted:

Hip-fire all day every day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Drav posted:

you shouldnt be touching l2 ever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

although i just realised i took it off in the end and ran rapid fire, fast mags and long barrel but either way if you're using a brecci class youre gonna have fun

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hip-fire all day every day.

The issue is more that with the new way shotguns work, you want as wide a spread as possible. Especially since the Brecci can't OHK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, shotguns in this game have a set damage as long as one pellet of the shot hits, and then bonus damage per pellet that hits. The brecci has a damage scale of 50-40-33 for its flat damage, +2 per pellet, depending on the range so it'll always be at least a 2-3 shot kill (possibly 4, but I think it's really hard to miss with all but one pellet). Fair warning that the silencer drops damage by 30% at close and medium ranges, so you'll have to spam shots.

• Locked thread