Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
I'm not crazy for sitting Cam in favor of Tyrod Taylor, right? This is my first Fantasy League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Recycle Bin posted:

I'm not crazy for sitting Cam in favor of Tyrod Taylor, right? This is my first Fantasy League

Yes, you are crazy.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Benne posted:

Yes, you are crazy.

Are you doubting the TyGOD??

But yes, it would be silly to sit Cam Newton for him.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Recycle Bin posted:

Yeah, that seems like a poor decision.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Starting TyGod is a bit too far. Derek Carr and Matty Stafford are probably the deepest I go over cam

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spoeank posted:

Starting TyGod is a bit too far. Derek Carr and Matty Stafford are probably the deepest I go over cam

But....TyGod is better than both of those guys.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
TyGod isn't playing the Saints and the Colts (who are banged up), respectively

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Stafford, Luck, Arodge, Carr, Bort will be the top QBs this weekend.

E: not in that order

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Recycle Bin posted:

I was listening to the CBS FF podcast and both Jamie and Dave faced this exact question and went with Tyrod.

So it's not crazy, it's reasonable. But it is question-worthy.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Isn't Dave a moron tho?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone please explain Clive Walford to me and whether I should replace Dwayne Allen with him

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist
I guess I'll go with Cam, but it's probably moot anyways. My first matchup is with the one player who wanted to make a joke team and I'm projected to win 125 to 70 with either QB. At least with Cam I'll have a reason to care about tonight's game

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Something is starting to happen

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This is the most happy I'll ever be all season

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone please explain Clive Walford to me and whether I should replace Dwayne Allen with him

He has good measurables, a potentially good offense, not a ton of competition for snaps, and a potentially favorable schedule for TEs.

He gon b gud

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also the Raiders tossed it like a hundred times to the TE last year

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Come on Broncos defense

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

IcePhoenix posted:

He's a really athletic 2nd year te on a good passing offense. Saints defense could be historically bad this year so he could get a td or 2. I'd start Allen over him though in most formats.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I made a GDT https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789485

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Clive Walford is a solid second-year TE but I think people are getting a little too hyped about him. The match-up with the Saints is pretty juicy so he's got Week 1 value. But Bill Musgrave offenses are never as pass-happy as the Raiders were last year. Musgrave is a run run RUN kind've guy and Oakland's beefing up their offensive line in the offseason coincides with Musgrave's general tendencies. Walford is a capable blocker AND receiver so he's a great football prospect find for the Raiders cause he'll be on the field a ton doing everything you could ask for from a TE. But I personally doubt the passing volume will be there to make him a TE1.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Our league commish grabbed Cam Newton 1.01 and played Dalton over him. :psyduck:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

counterpoint: clive walford is love clive walford is life do not fear the clive accept him into your hearts

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Clive Walford is a solid second-year TE but I think people are getting a little too hyped about him. The match-up with the Saints is pretty juicy so he's got Week 1 value. But Bill Musgrave offenses are never as pass-happy as the Raiders were last year. Musgrave is a run run RUN kind've guy and Oakland's beefing up their offensive line in the offseason coincides with Musgrave's general tendencies. Walford is a capable blocker AND receiver so he's a great football prospect find for the Raiders cause he'll be on the field a ton doing everything you could ask for from a TE. But I personally doubt the passing volume will be there to make him a TE1.

:getout:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Should I use my #1 waiver on Andy Janovich???

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Well he has scored a touchdown on 100% of his carries in the NFL, you'd be foolish not to.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well it appears everyone made a mistake with doubting Benjamin.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

What everyone else said. The mechanism blocking you is called lovely Rule.

Sure is.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well it appears everyone made a mistake with doubting Benjamin.

Man I just how big the guy is. He makes Darian Stewart and TJ Ward look like little kids.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at all the Cam doubters in this thread

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Benne posted:

lol at all the Cam doubters in this thread

there are Cam doubters?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
This'll show that fucker who drafted Denver Def in the 7th round in my league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benching Cam was The Right Move sorry about your wrong process right results Benne :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spoeank posted:

Benching Cam was The Right Move sorry about your wrong process right results Benne :colbert:

My process is Don't Sit Your Studs and Don't Overthink Week 1 which is the right and correct process

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

is lynch worth picking up in a deep league?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Do ESPN default settings really only give you points once you hit a yardage multiple of 10 because that's seriously the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

JiUC posted:

is lynch worth picking up in a deep league?

gently caress no

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should I use my #1 waiver on Andy Janovich???

You'd be a fool not to

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Do ESPN default settings really only give you points once you hit a yardage multiple of 10 because that's seriously the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Yeah it's super dumb, the default setting is 10 yards to one point, which only gives whole numbers. You have to set it to 0.1 points per yard.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

MrSargent posted:

Are you doubting the TyGOD??

But yes, it would be silly to sit Cam Newton for him.

T-Mobile is already an excellent nickname, no need for this tygod bs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I just dropped Tim Hightower to get Jernovich but I'm 5th in the waiver order so who knows.

• Locked thread