Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAB

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Dear byob, please help me relieve my cold symptoms, specifically: runny nose. Tia.

hello runny nose, have you taken a moment to just sit down and relax? sometimes too much activity (like running) can exacerbate cold and flu symptoms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

The easiest way to get rid of a cold is to give it to someone else!! :keke::keke::buddy::buddy::xd::bubblewoop::shepicide:!!!!!!

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm back after a forced exile. Hey dudes and dudettes. How goes it?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

The Bananana posted:

I'm back after a forced exile. Hey dudes and dudettes. How goes it?

welcome back friend

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The easiest way to get rid of a cold is to give it to someone else!! :keke::keke::buddy::buddy::xd::bubblewoop::shepicide:!!!!!!

I live alone

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

convenience store, a cold is like the movie it follows

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Luvcow posted:

welcome back friend

Thanks.

Dark was the night

Matoi Ryuko

Playing pokemon go is a good way to spread disease! :psyduck::nomates::nomates::nomates:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Playing pokemon go is a good way to spread disease! :psyduck::nomates::nomates::nomates:

its the new hudson bay blanket :)

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Luvcow posted:

convenience store, a cold is like the movie it follows

The guy working there once called me buddy, I couldn't do that to him.

I couldn't look him in the eye when I buy my jugs of Carlo Rossi.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't play that game, unfortunately.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The guy working there once called me buddy, I couldn't do that to him.

I couldn't look him in the eye when I buy my jugs of Carlo Rossi.

i had a nice conversation with the lady at my local store tonight as i bought a six pack of tall boys, i have no shame :smith:

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Luvcow posted:

i had a nice conversation with the lady at my local store tonight as i bought a six pack of tall boys, i have no shame :smith:

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name and their always glad you came.

deep dish peat moss

I stopped going to the Indian smoke shop next to my place because they recognize me now and have my pack of smokes ready by the time I get to the register, and that's awkward.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name and their always glad you came.

:cheers:

that should be a thing

edit: oh it is a thing but it should be coach or woody hoisting a beer

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Shakill OReal posted:

I stopped going to the Indian smoke shop next to my place because they recognize me now and have my pack of smokes ready by the time I get to the register, and that's awkward.

It's good to have shop friends, i had two different bartenders who had nicknames for me.

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

next time bust out of that store singing "the boys are back in town" because only God can judge

the unabonger
i have two places where the people know me, one is a sushi restaurant and the other is a liquor store near a place i lived in santa cruz. its pretty nice actually.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

next time bust out of that store singing "the boys are back in town" because only God can judge

will try this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i flunked out posted:

i have two places where the people know me, one is a sushi restaurant and the other is a liquor store near a place i lived in santa cruz. its pretty nice actually.

the people at my local pizza place know my name but i don't know why

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The people at my doctor's office and my pharmacy know my name.
I'm not sure this is a good thing.

the unabonger

Luvcow posted:

alot of pizza places use pos systems that have caller id and store customer information including previous orders, addresses for delivery etc.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i flunked out posted:

alot of pizza places use pos systems that have caller id and store customer information including previous orders, addresses for delivery etc.

they know where i live...

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i just assume if they know my name at a pizza place I'm buying too much pizza, i am buying too much pizza and its been going on for years now

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec

Luvcow posted:

Are you a bad tipper?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Are you a bad tipper?

no I'm poor and delivered pizza in college so i tip well

the unabonger

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Are you a bad tipper?

at my old delivery job me and the other drivers would talk about bad tippers using their address rather than their name

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i flunked out posted:

at my old delivery job me and the other drivers would talk about bad tippers using their address rather than their name

we had a list at the pizza shop posted on the wall

deep dish peat moss

I used to have a pizza place that knew me and it was awesome, because it was New York Pizza Department which is really good, like the best delivery pizza you can get in this state. It's a family run place and they're reaaaaally protective about their quality and reputation, the first time I ordered they forgot a side, so the next time I ordered it was free, and then almost every time after that they'd throw in free cheesecake or something.

Another trick I used to get free pizza once is I ordered online for Dominoes then realized the store closed like 10 minutes later, so I called them to cancel it since I didn't want anyone staying late at work. They were so thankful they set it up so the next time I called in and ordered it was automatically free.

symbolic

Luvcow posted:

we had a list at the pizza shop posted on the wall
when i was on vacation with my dad, we ordered Chinese once. he went to the place to pick it up and the owner had a wall covered in phone numbers of customers that had been rude to her, so she would refuse to pick up the phone for them.

deep dish peat moss

Being a good tipper helps with pizza places too, I always tip too much like minimum of $5 but sometimes like $7.50 to round out a receipt or whatever and that might be part of why they gave me free cheesecakes.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

symbolic posted:

when i was on vacation with my dad, we ordered Chinese once. he went to the place to pick it up and the owner had a wall covered in phone numbers of customers that had been rude to her, so she would refuse to pick up the phone for them.

ya we had some creepy people too who harassed our female drivers, we never spit in the food or anything but it was very cool of the boss/owner to actually keep track and try to plan out deliveries

Shakill OReal posted:

Being a good tipper helps with pizza places too, I always tip too much like minimum of $5 but sometimes like $7.50 to round out a receipt or whatever and that might be part of why they gave me free cheesecakes.

hell yeah, those people got faster service and sometimes extra food or drinks

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'd accept bong hits or weed as tips but lol so many people offered me beers and shots and asked me to stay and party and it was always just a really sobering moment to explain to them that i have to drive all night long in a little college town voraciously patrolled by cops

the unabonger
we would try to get each other to take the bad deliveries all the time. it was a pretty common occurrence to take a delivery you know is farther away than the delivery afterwards so that you can get back in time to avoid the bad tipper. my boss encouraged us to do it even, he thought it was really funny watching us try to get each other to take the bad tipping deliveries...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i flunked out posted:

we would try to get each other to take the bad deliveries all the time. it was a pretty common occurrence to take a delivery you know is farther away than the delivery afterwards so that you can get back in time to avoid the bad tipper. my boss encouraged us to do it even, he thought it was really funny watching us try to get each other to take the bad tipping deliveries...

take one for the team :smith:

my best night for tips was around $140, and it was the night my car got destroyed by a drunk driver, but all the waitresses i knew crushed that most nights

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
You guys ever see any weird stuff when delivering, like naked dudes answering the door?

the unabonger

Luvcow posted:

i'd accept bong hits or weed as tips

same. one time i was offered a sex toy in addition to the $5 tip they were giving me

deep dish peat moss

Well did you take it? Or just the tip?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You guys ever see any weird stuff when delivering, like naked dudes answering the door?

yes, lots of weird stuff. i delivered in amherst mass so mostly UMASS people but we also did Amherst College (rich kids tip less) and Hampshire College (super hippy free form cool school) so i saw lots of naked people

i flunked out posted:

same. one time i was offered a sex toy in addition to the $5 tip they were giving me

i was never offered a sex toy though i did get propositioned by people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Shakill OReal posted:

Well did you take it? Or just the tip?