Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I initially just thought he was going to be a fun rock dog I could catch on an early route.

is that not what he is then? I thought he was gonna be the poochyena of this gen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Never before seen sun/moon gameplay footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID0kHeOU1I

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Pokemen Megathread 7.0: Hatless Shrugged

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

oddium posted:

who's the girl with all the butterflies

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!

Do you need a shiny?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Kelp Plankton posted:

Rockruff is cute and a good dog

but if he gets a lucario style Dog Man evolution its okay to dislike that one

I would be okay if one of the evolutions is a Wairwilf, if the other is a big dog on all fours. Wairwilf is the Moon version exclusive evolution, BigDog is the Sun version exclusive evolution.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

A Pretentious Owl posted:

So we know they've been hyping up Rockruff, and that there's something special about it. I just saw this on pokeshopper:

It's a leaked image of a Rockruff plush, with two secret editions or formes. I had been operating under the assumption that its uniqueness was going to come from evolution, but it looks like Rockruff himself might, like, vary based on the z-stone he's holding, something like that? We will see!

Edit: whoops on mobile, pasted wrong image link!

Maybe they're pretending that 3 stage evolution is new

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

What do you mean Blaziken and Hawlucha don't belong to the same egg group? They're both punchy birds!

oddium posted:

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!
Glad to be of service!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

give them to me now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Okay, who did that to the thread title?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Spatula City posted:

I would be okay if one of the evolutions is a Wairwilf, if the other is a big dog on all fours. Wairwilf is the Moon version exclusive evolution, BigDog is the Sun version exclusive evolution.

I can't wait to use the Big Dog, Roman Reigns, in my copy of Pokemon Sun.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oddium posted:

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!

dang, nice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoran posted:

Okay, who did that to the thread title?

it's the same as it ever was? (same as it ever was (same as it ever was))

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

oddium posted:

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!

Oh hey, I use the same background, though thankfully we didn't put the formes in the same order. That would've been freaky.

The Bee posted:

We should get Corocoro leaks any day now and while they might not show off its evolution(s), they will reveal how you evolve it.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

In OR, how long does it take for a trainer you've beaten to want to battle again?

Need to score a Destiny Knot off that couple on the boat but they haven't dropped it yet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's the same as it ever was? (same as it ever was (same as it ever was))

Did it always spell "Pokémon" incorrectly?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoran posted:

Did it always spell "Pokémon" incorrectly?

i just asked my granddad, and he said it was spelled correctly

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The Zombie Guy posted:

In OR, how long does it take for a trainer you've beaten to want to battle again?

Need to score a Destiny Knot off that couple on the boat but they haven't dropped it yet.

Screen transitions have a chance of triggering it. Just go back and forth for a while on your bicycle. If it doesn't work, keep trying. Once you get the rematch, save before fighting them and reload if you don't get it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Bee posted:

drat it. I never finished my wrestler run through of Black 2 (with CM Punk the Lucario, AJ the Azumarill, Ziggler the Ampharos, Kane the Magmar, and Bryan the Herdier). And, yes, I know I missed out on Dean Ampharos.

Now I have to decide if I should go wrestlers in Moon, or go goons for Moon.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Geodude and roggenrola should switch names

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Elfgames posted:

Geodude and roggenrola should switch names

And Golem isn't even a Golem. Heck, he's not even kosher.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

And Golem isn't even a Golem. Heck, he's not even kosher.

only graveler was decently named

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think about the name geodude a lot

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

geodude is the greatest non-gumshoos name

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Elfgames posted:

Geodude comes from geode + dude, so it's actually a pretty clever name. But yeah, Golem is probably the laziest/most unimaginative name from gen I, along with Seel and Persian. Electrode and Gloom are different from those because they can at least double as electric + explode and glume + bloom, respectively.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've done the math and Charizard is the best pokemon name

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

Geodude comes from geode + dude, so it's actually a pretty clever name. But yeah, Golem is probably the laziest/most unimaginative name from gen I, along with Seel and Persian. Electrode and Gloom are different from those because they can at least double as electric + explode and glume + bloom, respectively.

Yeah Persian is pretty lovely in retrospect, but it does have the Purr aspect. I love Seel, but is there any meaning in the double E?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

golem also looks worse than graveler and can only be gotten from trading in the first gen games. who the gently caress ever had a golem?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Ethiser posted:

I initially just thought he was going to be a fun rock dog I could catch on an early route.

he better be in some early routes because he was announced early :arghfist:

Elfgames posted:

geodude

jarbv fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Sep 9, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'all the later gens have terrible-looking pokemon'

*knobbly rock with a face on it named golem rolls by*

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah Persian is pretty lovely in retrospect, but it does have the Purr aspect. I love Seel, but is there any meaning in the double E?
It's in reference to the Holy See, because it has a tiny little pope hat on.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Seel is also an anagram for eels, which live in the sea :tinfoil:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i like golem but also rhydon exists and why would i ever use a different rock ground boy

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

jarbv posted:

he better be in some early routes because he was announced early :arghfist:

geodude

I'm not saying geodude is a bad name you dummies i'm saying geodude is a bad name for a rock that is said to travel by rolling instead of the pokemon that is a Geode and possibly a dude

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is this game good to use to meet bitches or what?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!

They're so pretty!

Can you get shiny versions of each?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokeball and fancy were event only and shiny locked but there's definitely hacked ones on gts. the only difference is the body is white which doesn't look especially good to me

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Is this game good to use to meet bitches or what?

XD

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

pokeball and fancy were event only and shiny locked but there's definitely hacked ones on gts. the only difference is the body is white which doesn't look especially good to me

Ah right, I thought that shinies would be locked into a single specific pattern.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

I am jealous of your collection, I've given up looking for the fancy pattern!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Clembot...no...:cry: