Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

RFC2324 posted:

Wasn't he having serious digestive issues by the time he aborted the walk (day 3 iirc)?

He wasn't hungry, so he stopped eating. All the experienced hikers told him that, in those conditions, you need to force calories into yourself. He thought he knew better, so the third day he spent sitting under a blanket on a hill, glaring at park visitors and largely unable to walk. It was that day or early the next that he completely passed out in the park shitter because his body was shutting down.

A long hike is something I might do some day for some personal reflection time but, jesus. When people who have done that poo poo tell me I'm doing it wrong, I'm going to take their word for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. 47 posted:

He wasn't hungry, so he stopped eating. All the experienced hikers told him that, in those conditions, you need to force calories into yourself. He thought he knew better, so the third day he spent sitting under a blanket on a hill, glaring at park visitors and largely unable to walk. It was that day or early the next that he completely passed out in the park shitter because his body was shutting down.

A long hike is something I might do some day for some personal reflection time but, jesus. When people who have done that poo poo tell me I'm doing it wrong, I'm going to take their word for it.

Also maybe work up to it instead of going straight to the hardest challenge you can think of.

Gotta say, this thread has probably confirmed cps goon as the greatest saga, based on how often it comes up.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Did some TG goon make a warhammer scene and goons went mad for it being a rape scene or was that somewhere/thing else?

I appreciate your gbs posts outside trp man

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

thank you for being one of the few reasons I actually have fun auditing employee web histories, because of fearless no gently caress givers like you :patriot:

No problem dude.
I would maybe be concerned if i wasnt the IT around here.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

RFC2324 posted:

Also maybe work up to it instead of going straight to the hardest challenge you can think of.

Gotta say, this thread has probably confirmed cps goon as the greatest saga, based on how often it comes up.

this just reminded me of something.

I think the connection is that CPS goon was in the thread posting about his redemption and getting his kids back when people called him out, but it was one of those "lovely things you did as a kid" or "Terrible things you did in middle school" or something threads and out of nowhere some guy admits he molested a dog and the thread tore him apart.

No idea when it was.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yolomon Wayne posted:

No problem dude.
I would maybe be concerned if i wasnt the IT around here.

:smithfrog::respek::smith:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

this just reminded me of something.

I think the connection is that CPS goon was in the thread posting about his redemption and getting his kids back when people called him out, but it was one of those "lovely things you did as a kid" or "Terrible things you did in middle school" or something threads and out of nowhere some guy admits he molested a dog and the thread tore him apart.

No idea when it was.

You thinking of Morally Inept?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Das Boo posted:

You thinking of Morally Inept?

Yeah

That's the one, I didn't realize he stuck around for a year after that before getting permabanned (Thanks SAclopedia)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Planetside 2 Good Squad driving the biggest milsperg outfit off the game because half their members were outright racists. When there was no one left to kick sand in the face, it was goon on goon on goon.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYZ04mCGCo

"Making the playlist is pure torture..."

Not a saga maybe, but still... :stare:

Three-Phase has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Sep 8, 2016

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
SA "star" Escape Artist

Posted a ton in TVIV and had a massive ego and thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, claimed people would message him and thank him for all his insightful comments in The Wire threads yet could never produce them. Bragged about how great the "level of discussion" was in his threads and would constantly whine and report people in the GoT threads

Also claimed to have written the idea for Breaking Bad years before it came out and how he was going to sue. His claim about talking to the original "real cook of the "blue meth" was eventually debunked when someone pointed out the "blue meth" was a 100% fictitious creation used for the show.

Had temper tantrums and breakdowns on a regular basis, and probably used a variety of alts to agree with and slavish praise all over his main account.

Posted about wanting to become a stand up comic, months later talked about it being piss easy and how he always just poo poo talks the crowd, actual working comics in the thread shred him and tear into all his bullshit ad nasuem until he quietly left the thread.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

pentyne posted:

SA "star" Escape Artist

Posted a ton in TVIV and had a massive ego and thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, claimed people would message him and thank him for all his insightful comments in The Wire threads yet could never produce them. Bragged about how great the "level of discussion" was in his threads and would constantly whine and report people in the GoT threads

Also claimed to have written the idea for Breaking Bad years before it came out and how he was going to sue. His claim about talking to the original "real cook of the "blue meth" was eventually debunked when someone pointed out the "blue meth" was a 100% fictitious creation used for the show.

Had temper tantrums and breakdowns on a regular basis, and probably used a variety of alts to agree with and slavish praise all over his main account.

Posted about wanting to become a stand up comic, months later talked about it being piss easy and how he always just poo poo talks the crowd, actual working comics in the thread shred him and tear into all his bullshit ad nasuem until he quietly left the thread.

It worked for Kanye West.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Yeah

That's the one, I didn't realize he stuck around for a year after that before getting permabanned (Thanks SAclopedia)

he would give dog loving avs to anyone who called him out on it, too

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Does anyone have the mp3 of that nice guy who was "dating" a girl he'd never kissed and made her a love letter CD and left it in her car for her to find?

Some goon put Closing Time by Tom Waits over it and it's magical.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

he would give dog loving avs to anyone who called him out on it, too
i'm still salty i lost mine

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
In 2009 before I registered there was a guy called dalabast that bought a completely ruined ~1970 Mustang and posted about restoring it on AI. I don't remember how I found it, linked from somewhere and I guess the paywall wasn't up right then. The car looked straight enough but every single part on it was hosed in some way, he'd shoveled like $50k into a $15k car over a several year period. It was a quality thread and there was a lot of e/n poo poo in it too because he was using it as a way to get over his dead wife or girlfriend or something and every task turned out to take three times as long and cost five times as much as it should due to ignorance/his seeming desire to be taken advantage of at every turn. Then someone googled his name and he has used the same name to post some really quite nasty stuff on some racist/white supremacist message boards and by the time this all got out everything kinda started to melt down but it was a long drawn-out death and I think that's what led to helldump getting shut down and indirectly to me registering here so you can think him for my Quality Posting.

The thread was actually deleted, not just gassed though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

two forty posted:

In 2009 before I registered there was a guy called dalabast that bought a completely ruined ~1970 Mustang and posted about restoring it on AI. I don't remember how I found it, linked from somewhere and I guess the paywall wasn't up right then. The car looked straight enough but every single part on it was hosed in some way, he'd shoveled like $50k into a $15k car over a several year period. It was a quality thread and there was a lot of e/n poo poo in it too because he was using it as a way to get over his dead wife or girlfriend or something and every task turned out to take three times as long and cost five times as much as it should due to ignorance/his seeming desire to be taken advantage of at every turn. Then someone googled his name and he has used the same name to post some really quite nasty stuff on some racist/white supremacist message boards and by the time this all got out everything kinda started to melt down but it was a long drawn-out death and I think that's what led to helldump getting shut down and indirectly to me registering here so you can think him for my Quality Posting.

The thread was actually deleted, not just gassed though.

AI regular Krakkles is the one who outed him. There was a lot of angry posts about the thread vanishing until the mods said why he'd been banned. dalablast did finish detailing his build on another forum eventually.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

SA "star" Escape Artist

The best part was his grand exit! He got really, really into GoT and posted in both the spoiler and non-spoiler thread with extreme regularity. He'd read all the books, so people in the non-spoiler thread started getting annoyed with his constant posting (like seriously, WAY too many posts) and started calling him out on it. He'd always come back with a pissy response and say something like it's his "right" to post there as long as he doesn't mention book stuff.

I can't remember what the final straw was or anything, but he somehow got himself banned, but not before PMing GoT spoilers to a bunch of people in the non-spoiler thread. Pretty pathetic, because before the downward spiral he had literally posted something to the effect of "people who post spoilers are the scum of the earth".

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
GoT fans are terrible, more at 11

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Is there a saga where a SA poster gets as man hang and blow jobs as then so feel is needed to attain nirvana?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

VendaGoat posted:

Is there a saga where a SA poster gets as man hang and blow jobs as then so feel is needed to attain nirvana?

yeh

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus Christ I need to proof read My poo poo.

I am *teh fail.

*This one was intentional.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Twat le Piss posted:

I appreciate your gbs posts outside trp man

thanks op

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789543

Is this one in the making?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol what the gently caress

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Doredrin posted:

It is mostly serious, but I am aware of the kind of response it will get from most people. If good or even great art was immediately appreciated by everyone, than Van Gogh would have died a rich man.
________________/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

pentyne posted:

SA "star" Escape Artist

Oh my god, I remember him. He had a Brother Mouzone (or however you spell it) avatar, and was apparently disabled. I did like some of his posts, when they weren't crazy, and I remember at one point him mentioning 'people appreciating his quality posting', but I had no idea it got that bad, holy poo poo :psyduck:

I need to scour his post history now, thanks!

EDIT: Hahaha, look at this custom title...

I don't think it did before, but it now links directly to his rap sheet. :golfclap:

Rupert Buttermilk has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Sep 9, 2016

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

swap.avi, although I have never seen it

I'll always have "fond" memories of benny the snake because it was the same time i was applying for jobs out of grad school, and he had just finished his undergrad, and he was such an abysmal, colossal gently caress up without any semblance of work ethic that it was surreal. also the diaper fetish poo poo. whatever happened to him?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

also who was the guy who was desperate to lose his virginity, and had like rancid, bright yellow teeth? painfully awkward, stalkerish, maybe worked as a teacher?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

also who was the guy who was desperate to lose his virginity, and had like rancid, bright yellow teeth? painfully awkward, stalkerish, maybe worked as a teacher?

Not the programmer who wanted to gently caress college chicks?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

swap.avi, although I have never seen it

I'll always have "fond" memories of benny the snake because it was the same time i was applying for jobs out of grad school, and he had just finished his undergrad, and he was such an abysmal, colossal gently caress up without any semblance of work ethic that it was surreal. also the diaper fetish poo poo. whatever happened to him?

I have a sneaking suspicion that he still doesn't have a job.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This was beloved hell dump punching bag Two Worlds. He got fired because he couldn't control his students and was leering at the underage girls in his class. Some of the best content hell dump ever produced.

Benny the Snake got his poo poo together enough to reappear like a superhero in the Blue Story Star Wars husband threads as a voice of reason.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Travis343 posted:

Benny the Snake got his poo poo together enough to reappear like a superhero in the Blue Story Star Wars husband threads as a voice of reason.
Holy poo poo for real? Do you have a link? :prepop:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Pretentious as hell webcomic author joins SA and introduces himself, gets mildly critiqued by the thread regulars, proceeds to flip out and melt down.

quote:

Hi there... I'm Stef, creator of the online graphic novel, Sarah Zero:

His first post:
http://sarahzero.com

Any critique, commentary or comedy gold I can snatch up would be awesome.con... there's more than enough material there to rip new orifices into.

I've been a longtime fan of the SA forums, but too scared to join for fear of getting PERMABANNED on my first post...

But the cats over on The Webcomic List forums caressed me gently and were kind enough to use an entire tub of Crisco...

Enjoy.
Which got the comic critiqued about pacing and readability issues, as well as the really pretentious writing. Also people were telling him that he didn't need to use the wordfilters like "gently caress" on the forums, that it was okay to swear.

Of course, he didn't take it very well and eventually had this meltdown:

quote:

I won't get permabanned?!?!?!?

I don't have to be polite like in every other forum on the contranet?

ZOMG loving AWESOME.CON

My skin is thicker than 28 layers of Kevlar.

Now gently caress off I love you suck my dick I'll kill you anyway...

Kiss my rear end and maybe one of you jizzheads might get a cameo...

So let's cut the polite emo bullshit and ramp this fuckin thread up to COMEDY GOLD... let's do it!

...and I'll chime in here whenever I got something koo or funny to say... you rejected Wiki-editor crybabies keep on pontificating and whining about my elipses, linguistics, gender, other boring details or whatever the gently caress...

Cuz I'm one of ya now.

Serve me John Solomon's head on a skillet, soaking in brine... we need to formulate... we goons have got a world of webcomics out there to tear new assholes into.

So, think your worst.

FAKE EDIT: was that OK for peer acceptance, or do I need more vitriol?

Not pictured: after getting banned (and just a regular ban, not even a perma ban at that), he spent a good couple years on his webcomic talking about how mean SA was.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Captain Yossarian posted:

Holy poo poo for real? Do you have a link? :prepop:

I feel like the Blue Story stuff was linked at some point ITT but I dont have a link to his posts.

I would actually really like to read the Two Worlds threads again. Stuff I remember about him:

-Had pictures of him dressed up as cyclops from the X-Men movie
-In times of stress he would imagine the X-Men coming to his aid
-Had something called the 'Ariel-verse' in his head where his base instincts (jerking it, looking at porn) were constantly at war with his pure self
-Had a personified version of his lust and frustration that was basically the Hulk with a slightly different name but also the bad guy from The Dark Tower sort of? He would say like "oh the Brute took over last night" or poo poo like that.

I also remember one thread where forums user Tony Danzas Ho zoomed in to one of his pictures in photoshop or something and sampled the color of his teeth and it was this horrifying pea green.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I feel like the Blue Story stuff was linked at some point ITT but I dont have a link to his posts.

I would actually really like to read the Two Worlds threads again. Stuff I remember about him:

-Had pictures of him dressed up as cyclops from the X-Men movie
-In times of stress he would imagine the X-Men coming to his aid
-Had something called the 'Ariel-verse' in his head where his base instincts (jerking it, looking at porn) were constantly at war with his pure self
-Had a personified version of his lust and frustration that was basically the Hulk with a slightly different name but also the bad guy from The Dark Tower sort of? He would say like "oh the Brute took over last night" or poo poo like that.

I also remember one thread where forums user Tony Danzas Ho zoomed in to one of his pictures in photoshop or something and sampled the color of his teeth and it was this horrifying pea green.

The Brute. He called his "other personality" 'The Brute.'

Didn't he call a bunch of goon's employers and try to get them fired for ragging on him?

Didn't he promise to never swear until he got laid, and then reached out to people from junior high school to let them know when he had?

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Whatever happened with "Goon Love is the Best Love?" It sounded like a fun gimmick but, of course, it apparently went all fuckin' goony.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Instant Sunrise posted:

Pretentious as hell webcomic author joins SA and introduces himself, gets mildly critiqued by the thread regulars, proceeds to flip out and melt down.

Which got the comic critiqued about pacing and readability issues, as well as the really pretentious writing. Also people were telling him that he didn't need to use the wordfilters like "gently caress" on the forums, that it was okay to swear.

Of course, he didn't take it very well and eventually had this meltdown:

Not pictured: after getting banned (and just a regular ban, not even a perma ban at that), he spent a good couple years on his webcomic talking about how mean SA was.

Yeah "My skin is thicker than 28 layers of Kevlar, I ain't mad"
*cue passive aggressive comics about SA for a span of years*

Also mentioned earlier in the thread a few times, but related to this (lovely Webcomic makers) was SpoonfulofBromide.

If I remember the webcomic mock threads right we were making fun of that Shredded Moose comic with the guy named Brew in it that was like redpill fratbro and was just awful, but SpoonfulofBromide was obsessed with Shredded Moose and years after it ended had been patrolling the internet for any mention, constantly trying to "Compile the archives" of this poo poo webcomic while melting down all over the internet about the brilliance of the comic to anyone who would listen.

This led them to SA where we were calling out their posts on random forums and mocking both them and Shredded Moose, and they started going nuts and posting their own comics. Which were awful and everyone thought were a troll until he ended up having dozens of them already made with hundreds more on the way.

That's where Goku Pants really took off since they had a huge meltdown over goku pants being posted as a sign of good art, leading to pages and pages of things like 3 goku pants moon.

That led to the two goldmined threads about them.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615435&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Travis343 posted:

Nice.

Was he mormon or something? Those guys are brought up to feel such a sharp, overwhelming sense of shame about themselves and how much God Himself feels pure, focused hatred and anger towards anyone who should happen to even accidentally allow the vaguest, most peripheral thought having to do with sexuality to enter their minds that it would be no surprise at all for a lot of them to develop weird dis-associative disorders to deal with that. "Oh it totally wasn't me who thought about boobs because I'm pure and would never be so ungrateful as to slap God in the face like that, I must be possessed by some other force beyond my control. Whew that was a close one."

GreatGreen has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Sep 9, 2016