Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is like whenever Voltron brings out the blazing sword for one of them robeasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"I'M NOT OWNED. I'M NOT OWNED."

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

thatbastardken posted:

feel like juggs was talking to himself there

"oh poo poo i hosed up"

Ha ha, no. Ohhhh lawd no.

What Maya got comin'.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Oxxidation posted:

I said as i exploded in impotent rage

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only things Maya got comin' are a cold brewski and a warm bath to get the stink of exploded angelscrub out of her hair

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Oxxidation posted:

"I'M NOT OWNED. / I'M NOT OWNED."

I say as I fall / into two distinct pieces

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxxidation posted:

so long suckers! i split in half and create a huge angelic explosion. when the smoke dissipates im lying completely dead next to some teacups

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tetracube posted:

so long suckers! i split in half and create a huge angelic explosion. when the smoke dissipates im lying completely dead next to some teacups

gently caress why didn't I post this

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Renaissance Robot posted:

gently caress why didn't I post this

I'M NOT OWNED, I'M NOT OWNED i repeat as i fail to crib off the superior dril tweet

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Got my print copy! It's smaller than I expected, but its super nice to have it in print form, where I can loan it to friends to oblige them to read it so I can point out ING SD and tell them "That dude is my dude! There's a good chance he just died!"

Operant had better make bank off of this or there is no justice.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
DRIL SIX BILLION DEMONS

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Crate of Teacups committed holy suicide and embraced division.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Whoa did it sell out on Amazon? It's out of stock right now.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

ConfusedUs posted:

It's possible. My preorder still says it's arriving monday but it's also being prepared for shipment now so it may show up earlier.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I bought this on Comixology after reading the first few pages online.

I'm super intrigued by the setting and characters. The gender inversion of the usual damsel in distress is cool. I'll definitely be buying Volume 2 when it comes it.

edit:

ConfusedUs posted:

It must have. Since Amazon is saying it'll be in stock on September 14, 2016.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 8, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My local store got a few copies and it sold out, too. Seems like it's doing really well!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I had a weird extra bit of text on this page in my book:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-24/

I'm at work so I can't look at my physical book. But on that statue in the foreground in the third panel, there's a bit of text saying how his people don't like humans. I assume that's in other people's copies too?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

IUG posted:

I had a weird extra bit of text on this page in my book:
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-24/

I'm at work so I can't look at my physical book. But on that statue in the foreground in the third panel, there's a bit of text saying how his people don't like humans. I assume that's in other people's copies too?

Well if you look carefully at the online copy, second panel, you'll notice some oddities too. Apparently Allison used to say "Drink this" in another balloon connected to her first (look at the incomplete top of her speech balloon) and this was hastily corrected to have "Drink this." said by White Chain. But the balloon surgery job was botched, and "Drink this." still appears on top of the building in the background.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Dem first edition errors :shepspends:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Just noticed that even Jugg's last word got cut in half.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Renaissance Robot posted:

Dem first edition errors :shepspends:

I asked abbadon to sign mine with "Thank you Ebay for buying this book."

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
My copy just arrived and :iia:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 9, 2016

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

So perhaps that means that a red key (is it a key?) means that she is a former Demiurge. But how does that happen and how is she still alive? Or is she still a Demiurge? Her key doesn't light up like Allison's when she's Cutting resolutely, but that could be for a multiple reasons, one being that she no longer wields a key of kings.
Or does she still possess a key and the Demiurges just leave her alone because she isn't worth the trouble? Not likely imo even though Maya will gently caress you up.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but we haven't seen any former Demiurges still alive. It could be that there are more, now that's something I wanna know about. How cool would it be if there are still former Demiurges alive who strive to take back the power that was once theirs. Because that sounds like a bad time for Mottom right now.
I just hope we get to see more of Maya kicking rear end, but I trust Abbadon to do the right thing, which is more Maya :dance:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
IIRC, her original concept art mentioned she was a survivor of the war, so it's likely.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SunAndSpring posted:

IIRC, her original concept art mentioned she was a survivor of the war, so it's likely.

I recall it being said somewhere that she was a military leader who conquered 20,000 worlds

e: here http://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/post/64858920285/the-conqueror-of-20000-worlds-a-legendary

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Draadnagel posted:

So perhaps that means that a red key (is it a key?) means that she is a former Demiurge.

Well, the key Cio stole had to come from somewhere vOv

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
New page!

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-113/

My absolute love of the architecture being displayed on this page is tempered by the fact that something awesome is clearly going to happen on the very next page, yet we have to wait to get there.

Also: check out the panel borders.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 10, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looks like Mottom's gone from despair to anger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This probably isn't good.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Schwarzwald posted:

Also: check out the panel borders.

:crossarms:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MikeJF posted:

Looks like Mottom's gone from despair to anger.

Or we have Hastet-Om: Final Revenant
But that's likely an edge shot

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Bilirubin posted:

Well, the key Cio stole had to come from somewhere vOv

I didn't connect those dots, that would make for an interesting meeting.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The power to end the hunger of others. Eternally.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Draadnagel posted:

So perhaps that means that a red key (is it a key?) means that she is a former Demiurge. But how does that happen and how is she still alive? Or is she still a Demiurge? Her key doesn't light up like Allison's when she's Cutting resolutely, but that could be for a multiple reasons, one being that she no longer wields a key of kings.
Or does she still possess a key and the Demiurges just leave her alone because she isn't worth the trouble? Not likely imo even though Maya will gently caress you up.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but we haven't seen any former Demiurges still alive. It could be that there are more, now that's something I wanna know about. How cool would it be if there are still former Demiurges alive who strive to take back the power that was once theirs. Because that sounds like a bad time for Mottom right now.
I just hope we get to see more of Maya kicking rear end, but I trust Abbadon to do the right thing, which is more Maya :dance:

Abbadon has made it pretty clear that the only demiurges who survived the war were the 7, so she can't be a demiurge and that can't be a key. I'm pretty sure what she has in her forehead is a ley stone, like the magisters from the devil bar all had (theirs were red too), which helps to focus and enhance her use of the art. If you look at the page where she's charging Juggernaut Star it does look like its glowing, it just doesn't exude power like the keys do when they're working.

I always thought the lady with the fan was indeed young Maya and the lady pictured on her fan was Meti herself.

E: Looking a bit closer at this picture I noticed two small details: the woman holding the fan has almost exactly the same hairstyle as Maya (including what looks like the same (or a similar) piece holding it up) and, tying in to the key question, the woman on the fan (be it Meti or Maya herself) appears to have a red ley stone in her forehead as well.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 10, 2016

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zoss had a red stone in his head when he first breached Heaven as well. Maybe just maybe Auntie Maya never bothered to acquire/make a kings key and thus stayed out of the war?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Maya conquered lots of worlds. But she did so by Cutting and often got carried away, cleaving entire worlds. Not a lot of power to be had when you only rule broken husks of planets.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm thinking that maybe Mottom gave into despair and finally gave the remains of her husband her own life, thus creating an out-of-control tree revenant that will devour everything in the palace and stopped the falling by simply sending roots down to the ground.

Also it sounds like Mottom will be the only demiurge with an OSHA-compliant lair :v:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Mentalizer posted:

E: Looking a bit closer at this picture I noticed two small details: the woman holding the fan has almost exactly the same hairstyle as Maya (including what looks like the same (or a similar) piece holding it up) and, tying in to the key question, the woman on the fan (be it Meti or Maya herself) appears to have a red ley stone in her forehead as well.

Am I nuts or does that angel armor look oddly like a not pointy version of a recently halved angel?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Shakenbaker posted:

Am I nuts or does that angel armor look oddly like a not pointy version of a recently halved angel?

What if the halves turn into two separate Juggs :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

NachtSieger posted:

What if the halves turn into two separate Juggs :supaburn: