Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I will never live without a garage again. My landlord recently scared the crap out of me by saying the recent repairs to my garage "came down to the quote" on whether he had decided to repair it or tear it down and build a car port instead.

I would've moved if it came to that. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Retarded Pimp posted:

It needs drained, so it's a good time to change the oil & filter. The side case came off for me after I persuaded it with a rubber hammer and pulled, the magnets will try to hold it, but don't pull too hard in case it lets loose since the coil is attached to it. The gasket should be ok as long as you pull straight out.

Suzuki's high quality standard strikes again, it's a shame because it's a good bike that does what it was made to do well. There's a guy on the Stromtrooper forum with about 400K miles on his and the 1000's often go over 200K, it's just these issues(clutch basket :mad: ).

Well there's not much voltage increase at highway rpm.. guess it's time to do some work. gently caress :mad:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Noticed a little cord peeking out today. I feel like a teenager again. Hope my new tire gets here fast...

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Schroeder91 posted:

Well there's not much voltage increase at highway rpm.. guess it's time to do some work. gently caress :mad:

What are your voltage readings at what rpm?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I think I'm a jerk.

I'm kinda looking forward to fall, and rainy weather, because it means I won't have to hunt the parking garage for any spot whatsoever while 30 giant Harleys, 50 scooters, and 6 sumos take up most of the available space.

On the other hand, the Harleys almost all park in handicapped stripes, which I do not. So I guess they're not taking up "valuable" spaces.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lynza posted:

I think I'm a jerk.

I'm kinda looking forward to fall, and rainy weather, because it means I won't have to hunt the parking garage for any spot whatsoever while 30 giant Harleys, 50 scooters, and 6 sumos take up most of the available space.

On the other hand, the Harleys almost all park in handicapped stripes, which I do not. So I guess they're not taking up "valuable" spaces.

Uh, on the contrary, they are.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's okay. I'm a jerk too.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm getting tired of "spaceman" comments from people at work, so it's time to figure out how I can attach this Apollo 11 patch I have to my jacket.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Deeters posted:

I'm getting tired of "spaceman" comments from people at work, so it's time to figure out how I can attach this Apollo 11 patch I have to my jacket.

"shoulda gotten an apollo 13 patch, ha ha!"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Razzled posted:

"shoulda gotten an apollo 13 patch, ha ha!"

I'm getting a Challenger patch :supaburn:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lynza posted:

The stripes are there so that a van parked in the handicapped spot has space to deploy a wheelchair lift. Only a tremendous rear end in a top hat would park their bike there. You could snitch on them and the police would happily write a chain of $500 tickets.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Deeters posted:

E-6000 glue. Works great, doesn't weaken the leather like stitching does. A bit smelly for a day or two as the solvent evaporates.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Does it work for textile too?

As for other mission patches, I'm all for ideas. I just don't think anyone will get the joke. Some of them were having trouble grasping that I was holding a helmet because I rode in today.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Good question. "Textile" is usually nylon, which has enough chemical resistance that the glue solvents shouldn't affect it. I don't know how well it would stick over the long term, though.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

According to Revzilla, my jacket is 100% polyester.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lynza posted:

But they are taking up valuable *air*.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Lynza posted:

On the other hand, the Harleys almost all park in handicapped stripes

Seems fitting.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrod posted:

Seems fitting.

I thought placards are only for the physically disabled.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?

Chichevache posted:

I thought placards are only for the physically disabled.

morbid obesity can earn you a placard even if you don't need a scooter. source: my brother qualified on his weight alone. amazingly, finding out kicked him into losing 200 lbs so cheers to that. he's... less morbidly obese now

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

You can get one for any disability - mental included.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

Deeters posted:

I've had: battle cop galactica, stormtrooper, daft punk.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein

PCOS Bill posted:

Uh, on the contrary, they are.

Man, I need to work on delivering my sarcasm better.

Yeah, that's my opinion, too. These fuckstains are parked in almost every single handicap striped section in the garage, even though we're allowed to park in regular car spots and in the other cars-can't-fit areas. But no. Harley McDoinkerton has to park his land yacht directly in the handicap stripes.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

Space Whale posted:

I've had: battle cop galactica, stormtrooper, daft punk.

Ain't nothin' wrong with Daft Punk, my good fellow.

I did have the adorable young hipster at the convenience store tell me how "hot" it is that I ride a motorcycle, though. He thinks it's awesome that I'm saving gas/the environment by not driving a giant SUV or whatever.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got told by a woman at work that in my hi-viz gear I remind her of Bumblebee from Transformers.

Which was fine until she made sure to clarify she meant the Michael Bay movies.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Some little retard rug rat called my Mustang "bumblebee"

First, it ain't no Chevy garbage. Second, it's gold not yellow.

Good riddance to that car though

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein
Ha! Someone posted a "Bad Drivers of Portland" video, and you guys can see the Tunnel of Death I always refer to.

This is a daily occurrence, by the way. Some nimrod always gets in the middle lane (because it's generally going faster) then swerves into either the right or left lanes, drat the consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGqmN18h_I&t=410s

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Verge posted:

morbid obesity can earn you a placard even if you don't need a scooter. source: my brother qualified on his weight alone. amazingly, finding out kicked him into losing 200 lbs so cheers to that. he's... less morbidly obese now

How's he getting on at the nuclear plant now?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Lynza posted:

I did have the adorable young hipster at the convenience store tell me how "hot" it is that I ride a motorcycle, though. He thinks it's awesome that I'm saving gas/the environment by not driving a giant SUV or whatever.

*Rides up on ancient Bandit 600 with absolutely no emissions controls*

"Cool bike, you must save a lot on gas"

"I guess"

*Flowers die in a 2-km radius as I fire it up and ride away*

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I was gonna say

Isn't Lynza on an EX300 though? I think they need to be euro3 compliant at least, so it's not that bad

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

- Robert A. Heinlein

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was gonna say

Isn't Lynza on an EX300 though? I think they need to be euro3 compliant at least, so it's not that bad

Yeah, I mean, I don't know about the emissions, but the mileage is fantastic (~60 mpg). I wouldn't want to funnel my exhaust into my bedroom, or anything.

It' s a big consideration for me, though, the mileage. I commute roughly 50 miles a day, 5 days a week, and take trips on the weekends pretty regularly, so ~50mpg+ is kind of my goal.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

Some little retard rug rat called my Mustang "bumblebee"

First, it ain't no Chevy garbage. Second, it's gold not yellow.

Good riddance to that car though

I like that you're offended he mistook your car for a better car.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
You shut your fish hole.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I always wear long pants while riding, because the engine heat is wicked intense and I don't want anyone to see my legs.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Don't buy cheap torque wrenches!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Ugh. Got back from my trip to Portland and I have a puddle of oil accumulating on top of my gearbox. Where does it come from? Who knows it's like a sea of caked on dirt and grime in there.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I need a chaperone when I go into CycleGear.

"Okay I'm just here to get my tire mounted because they're the only place that can do it today, no shopping no shopping no sho... okay one pair of gloves, that seam did split on the old pair after two years so maybe let's find an interim pair of something cheap, Bilt makes an okay glove for like $30 on sale... Oh hey these Alpinestars look real nice, $130? Oh fine why not."

Oh well, it's not like I go there more than three times a year.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I have not really ever regretted buying from Cyclegear. The manager at mine is pretty awesome. I was walking in the other day to get some MX knee armor and she asked me how I liked my Dainese Four Stroke shorties and I was honest with her "well I liked them but they have a habit of falling apart" cause the palm superfabric had ripped up and left my palm exposed just from normal putting it on and taking it off, never crashed palms down in em.

Well she warrantied them since they were within a 2 year window and I walked out with a brand new pair of Dainese Carbon D1 longs for free.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Razzled posted:

I have not really ever regretted buying from Cyclegear. The manager at mine is pretty awesome. I was walking in the other day to get some MX knee armor and she asked me how I liked my Dainese Four Stroke shorties and I was honest with her "well I liked them but they have a habit of falling apart" cause the palm superfabric had ripped up and left my palm exposed just from normal putting it on and taking it off, never crashed palms down in em.

Well she warrantied them since they were within a 2 year window and I walked out with a brand new pair of Dainese Carbon D1 longs for free.

Yeah, I have similar experiences with mine. I'm just trying to not spend a lot of money right now is my problem. The manager at my CG is a real young kid, I don't think he's more than 26-27, but he's got a good head on his shoulders and puts up with a talkative old guy rambling at him, so he's good in my book.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Ugh. Got back from my trip to Portland and I have a puddle of oil accumulating on top of my gearbox. Where does it come from? Who knows it's like a sea of caked on dirt and grime in there.

So you've fixed all the usual leaks and now it's creating new ones? Sounds like buell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Well yeah but the Buell method of fixing leaks is convincing yourself they're normal