Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Do you ever enter into conversations that you, like, publicly really want to disavow and ridicule but, like, privately want to encourage without having to out yourself

Not really, since most of my shame is replaced by self-loathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kurtofan posted:

so what does the preview say

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
trigger warning

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm so proud of Koichi

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i look forward to Koichi making a grown man tear up tomorrow

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Koichi destroys Kira in spirit, then Jotaro destroys him in face. I am ready for the no. 3 beatdown in the whole saga.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

koichi also gets kakyoin'd in the process as payback for getting jotaro wrecked, so it all works out in the end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In JoJo, all that matters is the posing and Killer Queen and Kira dominate this round.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you think this'll end the whole chapter?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kurtofan posted:

you think this'll end the whole chapter?

all that's left is 5 chapters and they covered 5 in last week's episode. i fully expect them to cut out either the OP or ED to allow for more time, or maybe even both, because it's an important event and i doubt they would leave a little bit of it hanging to be shoved in at the beginning of next week's events.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira obliterating Koichi for getting the better of him is my second favorite thing in this arc

Jotaro's shadow creeping up behind Kira as Kira remains unaware is my first.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be surprised if next week isn't a single ep Atom Heart Father.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Atom Heart Janken

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Finishing SHA tomorrow sounds crazy, but the pacing this season has been fantastic so yeah they can do it Curious to see if they'll mess with stuff like the Yoshikage Kira's New Face chapters that bookend other chapters, since they've been really good anytime they've messed or added to the order of things

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have finally read all of Jojo.

Part 8's weird.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
The dick is extremely important.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The first chapter of Part 8 ends with a lil card that says "A boy with unexplainable testicles and bite marks, the curtain is about to rise on a brand new adventures." So like, you really can't be too surprised at a certain point

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

Finishing SHA tomorrow sounds crazy, but the pacing this season has been fantastic so yeah they can do it Curious to see if they'll mess with stuff like the Yoshikage Kira's New Face chapters that bookend other chapters, since they've been really good anytime they've messed or added to the order of things

that's why i think they'll skip the OP and/or ED. this past episode had a lot of standing around and monologuing and they got through 5 chapters in that, some of that also being a recap of chapter 1 from the end of quiet life, so i'm fully confident they can do that. there's a lot of differences in how things can be portrayed in the anime compared to the manga, so i think the ball is in davidpro's court.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean it being weird isn't a surprise so much as the part where it's easily weirder than the other 7 put together. Also thirstier.

Vitamin C is the grossest stand ever.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah probably but I recently explained the synopsis of Part 7 to my friend who doesn't watch any anime or read any manga and I feel like I sounded like a crazy person listing of random xD bullshit. Part 8 being about an anmnesiac fusion of two friends created by unexplainable geological events (possibly brought on by the corpse of Jesus Christ) who died fighting against a local crime ring run by Rock Humans sounds pretty par for the course after coming off Funny Valentine, the president with a Stars and Stripes scar on his back and his ability to enter alternate dimensions with his ability Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Part 8 is also very horny, yes

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 9, 2016

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I was just rereading part 7 and came to a horrible realization: I forgot

...about President Valentine's sweet-rear end scars!! :911:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

How do you even gets scars like that in the civil war.

I guess someone shot him with a blunderbuss from far away? Twice?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
War... is hell

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Begemot posted:

How do you even gets scars like that in the civil war.

I guess someone shot him with a blunderbuss from far away? Twice?

He was a POW and they were tortured onto him.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I may have said this here before, but I really hope that if p7 is animated, it's done in the same way as the manga release. So the anime only watchers get to have that hype moment halfway through where it's confirmed it's jojos part 7.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think they're a bit late to be doing that when Steel Ball Run is included with literally all jojo crossover media and used to advertise jojo products nowadays

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sekkira posted:

I may have said this here before, but I really hope that if p7 is animated, it's done in the same way as the manga release. So the anime only watchers get to have that hype moment halfway through where it's confirmed it's jojos part 7.

Yeah there's no way of that happening especially given it isn't even half way in before it's obvious it is jojo, it's more like "1 chapter in"

e: ^^^^what baal said too

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I can dream, dammit.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've heard about how they didn't advertise SBR as a Jojo from the start but like... wasn't it super obvious to everyone when the first character introduced was named Zeppeli?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are people who didn't know Caesar died after watching the Part 2 OP, there are people who will just write poo poo off sometimes and not think about it and it didn't help Araki would never say anything definitive about it for a while.

Like Gyro is in Jump Ultimate Stars, but he's not listed as a JoJo character, he's listed as an SBR character. It was a specific branding for a while and I'm sure some people weren't fooled, but others took it at face value.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Otoko no Sekai

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

Jojolion 01
Date de parution : 02/11/2016

soon

right after this bad boy

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Butt Ox posted:

I've heard about how they didn't advertise SBR as a Jojo from the start but like... wasn't it super obvious to everyone when the first character introduced was named Zeppeli?

Wasn't the first character shown the native american sprinter?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

Wasn't the first character shown the native american sprinter?

Yeah, Sand/Soundman, with his stand shown too (tho idk if the stand shown ended up being the same design as the one he had later)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it was just an arm, so if nothing else it probably falls into the category of 'araki messed with the design over time to make it look better' like he usually tends to do

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah I legit couldn't remember how much of it got shown during either appearance

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah its not until Chapter 2 or 3 we meet someone named Johnny Joestar after someone named Zeppeli. Before that, you could reasonably assume this is the creator referencing his older work. Stands don't even really show up or are referred to for a bit, it's really just Pocoloco's Hey Ya!, which does seem a bit weird in this horse racing manga.

I hope anime onlys get the true SBR experience by realizing it's loving rad as hell and not "maybe even as good as Battle Tendency"and that Johnny is the best JoJo

Oh I love the Teel All Un

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Butt Ox posted:

Its really common for manga artists of Araki's generation and earlier to reuse characters and ideas as parts of otherwise completely different works. Skull Man and Cyborg 009 show up in a shitload of Shotaro Ishinomoris work without being related to their respective series, for instance, and a lot of Go Nagai's manga have Cutey Honey or Mazinger show up without explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I love Ringo Roadagain.