Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
bt and the council were two different orgs, the council disbanded in 2011 (not coincidentally after the big game queue was abolished??) while bt never existed, that was just a myth propagated by anti-establishment trolls.

e: page snipe signal boosting:

http://www.samafia.net/wiki/Main_Page

BottleKnight made a new wiki that's the same as the old wiki but you can register now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
ty ecco

I really appreciate you helping me get the word out about the wiki I made that is similar to the old wiki, excepting of course the fact that you can register on it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I really appreciate you helping me get the word out about the wiki I made that is similar to the old wiki, excepting of course the fact that you can register on it.

no problem, I like that it's exactly the same as the old wiki, except you can register on it, and also it's at "samafia.net," which is a great address for a wiki about SA mafia, since they're the same words.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got the Rick and Morty card game and it's pretty Mafia esque, I'm probably going to run it on here in a couple days

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I just changed the captcha questions on the wiki to inside joke ones. If you don't know the answer to one, ask in here so the spambots don't find out. I'll get Asiina to add them to the OP at some point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

bt and the council were two different orgs, the council disbanded in 2011 (not coincidentally after the big game queue was abolished??) while bt never existed, that was just a myth propagated by anti-establishment trolls.

e: page snipe signal boosting:

BottleKnight made a new wiki that's the same as the old wiki but you can register now.

There never was a brain trust, we were always at war with the big game queue.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I just changed the captcha questions on the wiki to inside joke ones. If you don't know the answer to one, ask in here so the spambots don't find out. I'll get Asiina to add them to the OP at some point.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:agreed:

Someone really needs to run W&CK mafia again so we can pretend like that one didn't happen.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

What is Keane's egg-eating quotient?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

chaoslord posted:

:agreed:

Someone really needs to run W&CK mafia again so we can pretend like that one didn't happen.

I wasn't even in it, it's just become local shorthand for the worst possible shitshow.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yeah these aren't so much "inside jokes" as they are "poo poo that only one person knows"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also that was really cool of you to clone the wiki. How much effort did it take?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man you all mad about WaCK when I was the one who suffered for you all.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

not fifty

jakep

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

yeah these aren't so much "inside jokes" as they are "poo poo that only one person knows"

That's probably a good thing, tbh. They'll be in the OP.

Podima posted:

Also that was really cool of you to clone the wiki. How much effort did it take?

About 7 hours today. rip. And categories are still broken, I'll have to fix them tomorrow.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I ended up refreshing until I got one I knew.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Man you all mad about WaCK when I was the one who suffered for you all.

You'll always be my hero for it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

I ended up refreshing until I got one I knew.

:same: I got the Meinberg one.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I made Pod and Allen 'goon' instead of just a regular user on the wiki, that way they don't have to captcha every time they edit. At least I believe that's the way I have it set up in the php, I'm not familiar with php. Regardless, I'm trying to take the spambot threat seriously since it's a pretty public, short, url and a regular shared hosting platform.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Best part about the big game queue was me signing up when it first started, being at the top for five years, and never running my game until long after the queue had lost all meaning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

A lot of people like to talk a lot of poo poo, but I don't see anybody else trying to climb K2 here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane is a cool dude who does good stuff. My only concern is finding him an unbreakable chair to make him complete.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This essay is really good

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Spiros posted:

Keane is a cool dude who does good stuff. My only concern is finding him an unbreakable chair to make him complete.

I haven't broken any chairs in a long time now!

Right now I'm struggling with not snapping toothbrushes in half by grabbing too hard while I'm sleepy.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am plugging and DJing and I don't know what I am doing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Here is the essay https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6w8F0Md-V-pT3NHSW9sN3lUU3M/view?usp=drivesdk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All this talk about vanilla games has got me wanting to set up a relatively vanilla game. I'm only gonna use one gimmick for it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

All this talk about vanilla games has got me wanting to set up a relatively vanilla game. I'm only gonna use one gimmick for it

I'm glad my essay inspire you..

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

Hey, I made the new wiki. It's like the old wiki but you can actually register, and it's not quite filled with spambots yet. http://www.samafia.net/wiki/Main_Page

I see my excellent troll of a game was not added to the mini list: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778745

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
y'all weren't wild or crazy enough

and i mean its not like town deserved to win that game or something, out side of the scum that was lynched day 1 (that I pushed hard for) I NKed every other scum

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I see my excellent troll of a game was not added to the mini list: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778745

Register and add it yourself! The vast majority of games haven't been added to those lists because people either don't care or didn't have access to the old wiki.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to add the game "Podima stinks" and the game description will be "Pee YEW Podima smells bad!"

IT'S A WIKI YOU CAN'T STOP ME I AM NOW A GOD.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

didn't have access to the old wiki.

I just did this, but this was the reason for it not being on the first list.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gotta Go Fast, a standard open setup with a unique spin on day length, is taking signups.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Gotta Go Fast, a standard open setup with a unique spin on day length, is taking signups.

I'm in two games which is my limit, but this is clever and I like the idea quite a bit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The best page on the wiki

http://www.samafia.net/wiki/Butthurt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

what's to stop town from waiting the max d1 to see how many scum there are?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm in two games which is my limit, but this is clever and I like the idea quite a bit.

I hate how much of this game revolves around waiting until the deadline to consolidate for a vote, so this is an attempt to force people to play faster. It's a test to see if 1 per day is enough to light a fire under people to go faster

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, I'm going to be taking a break from the mafiaing for a little while. I'll have my thread up for Deception tonight, so look forward to that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted: