Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Harrower posted:

The best part about the Ronda/Holm fight was that Joe Rogan was talking for months about how Ronda was the greatest female fighter of all time and what an absolute privilege it was to be able to see her perform. Then when she lost he did a complete 180 and rarely talks about her at all unless asked directly.

I posted about this already but watch the fight again because you're remembering wrong. Literally the entire fight he was criticizing Ronda's sloppy technique and praising Holly's form, you could tell he knew she was getting her rear end beat right from the start.

Of course he's going to hype ronda before it starts because they're friends and he has a financial stake in getting big numbers in these fights but you're crazy if you don't think his fight commentary was fair & balanced (unironically). I was very impressed by his impartiality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

the female GOAT is joanna champion

There we go

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

did the military make you retarded or something? You seem to have an issue with just repeating things you are told.

"Crossfit is the best possible form of physical fitness and people talk poo poo because they are jealous of it's greatness"
"The Olympics doesn't have any steroids because people test for it."

I mean if you are "Robot Pride" because you are a literal robot that has programming for brains and is trying to understand the complexities of the world you live in and human interaction then I'll give you a pass. It's either that or you are a giant innocent toddler that somehow hasn't learned what lies are.

i'm going to start a gofundme to pay for wipes to clean the angry spittle off you monitor and keyboard

pretty sure i touched a nerve.....a fat one

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

did the military make you retarded or something?

No that happened before any of us joined the military.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

Tyson loving Fury

I don't think any commentator thinks any of the current heavyweight contenders deserve any of those belts, they are pretty much across the board mediocre.

That's because the HW division has been dead since Feb 11, 1990.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Robot Pride posted:

- a guy that thinks every video on youtube is crossfit

[pro-tip: they aren't but keep using this as an excuse to be fat. i'm almost 40 and have been doing crossfit for several years and have zero joint problems.]

Robot Pride posted:

sure, fat gently caress

Robot Pride posted:

i'm going to start a gofundme to pay for wipes to clean the angry spittle off you monitor and keyboard

pretty sure i touched a nerve.....a fat one

anyone that doesn't do crossfit is fat. Got it.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

anyone that doesn't do crossfit is fat. Got it.

your lack of evidence to the contrary in your case is compelling

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

"Cris Cyborg says she and Ronda Rousey are a soap opera that needs a dramatic ending"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ramatic-ending/

I don't know a lot about this MMA stuff but dang, that cyborg lady is built like a tank.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

"Cris Cyborg says she and Ronda Rousey are a soap opera that needs a dramatic ending"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ramatic-ending/

I don't know a lot about this MMA stuff but dang, that cyborg lady is built like a tank.

why does fighting always have to be the dramatic ending with these people?

watching them passionately eat each other's snatches is equally if not more dramatic of an ending

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
To be fair, Rousey said she wouldn't fight Cyborg cuz she's a steroid cheater or something, but she never was asked if she'd be up for an angry sex wrestling match with her.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

CrazyLoon posted:

To be fair, Rousey said she wouldn't fight Cyborg cuz she's a steroid cheater or something, but she never was asked if she'd be up for an angry sex wrestling match with her.

well, if she is then that reduces the logistics costs since they won't be needing a strap-on

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

Are steroids a permanent buff?

I think ronda is just making a convenient excuse. :colbert:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

spacetoaster posted:

In this case , steroids are a permanent buff

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Cyborg's been juicing so long it's probably altered her body in a permenant way.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

tenspott posted:

Cyborg's been juicing so long it's probably altered her body in a permenant way.

they do things like make your shoulders broader and bones denser and muscle recruitment is reportedly still higher even after not using

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

yes but does pete holmes actually count as a man?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Bro Dad posted:

yes but does pete holmes actually count as a man?

the post clearly stated it was a goon and not a man

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wanna see something hosed up and possibly NSFW, look up cyborg's ex husband's injury from a few months back.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

jerkstoresup posted:

ronda from 5 days ago.

she's probably over it, but I don't think she's been training at all. there's like 5 girls now who can contend the title and haven't taken a yearlong depression break. surprised the UFC still has her ranked tbh.

this is still my favorite picture of her

face to foot style, how'd you like it?

I gotta hang out at that Sprouts off the 90 more often :swoon:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
one of my favorite pics ever, nick diaz as a little man:

and more good mma poo poo

kinda nws clothed women: :nws: http://i.imgur.com/jTg4aEx.gif :nws:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

this guy got thrown in the slammer after getting caught trying to be a fence for stolen industrial farm equipment

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I think most of those Chuck GIFs don't do anything more than illustrate a lovely editor than a goofy guy. Just have it on him for a second or two. What do you expect him to do other than a fist pump when you hold the shot for 10 seconds holy poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the top one doesn't show the part where he was leaning way over to rail a line of coke, and they showed it on a ufc pay per view

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Those gifs are there in celebration of Chuck, nothing negative

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

doctor 7 posted:

I think most of those Chuck GIFs don't do anything more than illustrate a lovely editor than a goofy guy. Just have it on him for a second or two. What do you expect him to do other than a fist pump when you hold the shot for 10 seconds holy poo poo.

Sometimes the camera man gets a little lost in thought:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

jonathan posted:

Wanna see something hosed up and possibly NSFW, look up cyborg's ex husband's injury from a few months back.

If you had told me it was caused by a car accident and not a flying knee I would have believed you.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

jonathan posted:

And he wants to keep fighting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
god drat, look at the xray

Dude literally shattered his skull

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's from a knee? Goddamn

Guess there's no way to condition the skull without causing brain damage lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Interesting to note that Santos wasn't actually KO'd from the knee that destroyed his head, he just fell over and winced in agony

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is he alive in that picture,can't tell if that's a corpse or not

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes he's alive

not on the inside though

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Moridin920 posted:

That's from a knee? Goddamn

Guess there's no way to condition the skull without causing brain damage lol

A flying knee. He never lost consciousness either.

Then his opponent threw a pokemon ball at him. I kid you not.

Here is a link to the knockout and the pokemon celebration. Don't watch it if you are squeamish it is brutal. https://youtu.be/ClevTY2MWdY

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That video is devastating and hilarious.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I didn't find the vid particularly brutal, not being a tough guy here (but I am irl watch out nerds...), wouldn't have known his skull got sledgehammered into itself if I didn't see the nightmarish xray above

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Trast posted:

Here is a link to the knockout and the pokemon celebration. Don't watch it if you are squeamish it is brutal. https://youtu.be/ClevTY2MWdY

Holy gently caress! Also lol at the pokeball and victory stance

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

beep by grandpa posted:

I didn't find the vid particularly brutal, not being a tough guy here (but I am irl watch out nerds...), wouldn't have known his skull got sledgehammered into itself if I didn't see the nightmarish xray above

nobody thought it was that bad until the xray. I doubt the dude would've pokeball'd him if he knew he nearly killed him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That makes it way more epic, imagine being that guy and explaining that vid to your kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Trast posted:

If I were the guy that got kneed in the head, I'd be like, double pissed when I came to. 'He threw a what at me?!'

Thanks for the links everybody. I'm a boxer and made a comment to my dad the other day 'it'd be as unbalanced as some of those old UFC fights' and promised to send a link to some good examples.

• Locked thread