Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Howard wouldn't rock the boat leading up to his retirement, but it would be kinda cool if he brought Jackie back for the last year of his contract.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It would never happen, ever in a million years, but I would love it if Norm Macdonald filled in the Artie chair.

:allears:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

In my headcanon, Howard let's his grudges go and invites Artie and Jackie back for the last year of his contract, the Howard TV crew are rehired for the Howard 360 app and we have the best year of Stern.

Oh and constant goofing on Scott The Engineer, because that's never not funny.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BurtLington posted:

In my headcanon, Howard let's his grudges go and invites Artie and Jackie back for the last year of his contract, the Howard TV crew are rehired for the Howard 360 app and we have the best year of Stern.

Oh and constant goofing on Scott The Engineer, because that's never not funny.

Also Billy West and Tom Chiusano.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
And Gilbert is allowed to stick around for the news.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Can we bring KC and Stuttering John back, too? The early 2000s with those two, plus Artie, and post-divorce Howard were really, really strong.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Can we bring KC and Stuttering John back, too? The early 2000s with those two, plus Artie, and post-divorce Howard were really, really strong.

Oh man, how could I forget about KC? :doh:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

KC comes back, but only on a literal short leash. Like, shackle him to JD or something.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
If all of them got together, Gilbert, Artie, Jackie, Stuttering John, KC, it would be so much better than current Howard Stern and anything they're doing on their own right now. I don't know why they don't do it. Why isn't anyone throwing a lot of money at them to get together?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

If all of them got together, Gilbert, Artie, Jackie, Stuttering John, KC, it would be so much better than current Howard Stern and anything they're doing on their own right now. I don't know why they don't do it. Why isn't anyone throwing a lot of money at them to get together?

Duh, because no one could wrangle them like Howard could.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Eric was the ChrisChan of the show.

Also..

Howard: Crazy Alice, what do you think about Eric?
Alice: Gay Howa'd. Robin. Fred. Ahtie.
Howard: Artie's not here, his grandma died.
Alice: :smith: Oh, poor babeh....

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Eric was the ChrisChan of the show.

Meh, ChrisChan at least had "creative" output, whereas ETM did literally nothing. Riley Martin probably closer to ChrisChan.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bonzo posted:

And Gilbert is allowed to stick around for the news.

Anytime Gilbert mentions the Stern show you can just hear the sadness and bitterness in voice because he's totally persona non grata on Stern.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
This just popped up on my Twitter feed

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Neither would ever be allowed a full-time position, but of the two Jackie has a 10000x better chance than Artie of joining the show. Artie is still a junkie, whiny, lying loser. The Stern Show should shun him forever.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy Nipples posted:

Meh, ChrisChan at least had "creative" output, whereas ETM did literally nothing. Riley Martin probably closer to ChrisChan.

I bet if you could fit a crayon into Eric's rotten plum claws he could draw as well or better as Chris Chan.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I guess the Chris chan comparison only works for me. My wife told me about ex friends of hers that used to be (probably still are) obsessed with everything CWC-related, and they'd also troll him. I always told her I never understood the appeal if any of that.

Trolling aside, I do now. She can't stand ETM, but I told her today that he's pretty much my version of a Chrischan obsession :allears:

This revelation doesn't mean that I'm any closer to being interested in Sonichu, however.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Robin said she would leave the show if Jackie was ever rehired. Howard would never do that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Former Human posted:

Robin said she would leave the show if Jackie was ever rehired. Howard would never do that.

Is she still working from home most of the time?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Ya right. Where is she gonna go?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is she still working from home most of the time?

No

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

JB50 posted:

To one of her three houses with her several millions.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Former Human posted:

Robin's said a lot of poo poo.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

prefect posted:

Robin's said a lot of poo poo.

Robins character said a lot of poo poo

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Robins character said a lot of poo poo

:golfclap:

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

How dare you. He wrote Dougie the Puggy and Eric's Angels and wrote and sang Our Two Hearts Will Prove Them Wrong. Show some respect.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ooooopheliiaaaaa

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Didn't she give herself that middle name? One of the many batshit things Robin has done.

We should do a top craziest things Robin has done and said.

I'll say the trip to Guatemala to take Ayahuasca and have garbage rubbed on her by a shaman. Runner up: buying all those expensive watercraft (boats/jetskis) and not learning how to loving swin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

Didn't she give herself that middle name? One of the many batshit things Robin has done.

I'll say the trip to Guatemala to take Ayahuasca and have garbaged rubbed on her by a shaman.

I believe it was her middle name, but she demanded that it be used all the time, like "John Wayne Gacy" or "Lee Harvey Oswald".

Another Robin classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascrsXkn4dk

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

an adult beverage posted:

I'll say the trip to Guatemala to take Ayahuasca and have garbage rubbed on her by a shaman. Runner up: buying all those expensive watercraft (boats/jetskis) and not learning how to loving swin.

Flying to LA on the weekends to have a blood transfusion.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Staunchly denying that Brad Pitt is a leading actor.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Naming her boat Right On Queue....

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
When did Robin make up her Ophelia middle name? Because it would be awesome if her initials became ROQ while she was at KROQ in LA.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
She was never on KROQ in LA, the show was on KLSX.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my bad. I had assumed they were broadcasting from KROQ when they were on the west coast.

I have no idea what makes KROQ world famous, as per their tag line, if that's not the case.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

JB50 posted:

Doesn't matter if she would literally walk out, the point is she never wants to work with Jackie and put up with his poo poo again. If she did stay she would be miserable at work and angry at Howard. Howard would never side with Jackie over her.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

Oh my bad. I had assumed they were broadcasting from KROQ when they were on the west coast.

I have no idea what makes KROQ world famous, as per their tag line, if that's not the case.

LA's KROQ billed itself as "world-famous" when they changed to the album oriented rock format that eventually made them a success in the 70's, WXRK in New York used the moniker 'K-Rock' in the mid 80's when they switched that station's format because they were owned by the same company and they liked the brand recognition. KLSX was also owned by CBS at that point when Howard went syndicated, and they already had talk radio on that station in LA, so it was a good fit for Howard.

Proper modulation!
:goonsay:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's important on a day like today to take stock of what was lost and remember and cherish it. Like all the stuff Doug Goodstein stole or Scott's day to bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Scott going to the alley on 9/11 is one of the funniest things ever.