Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

butros posted:

I did my part today :patriot:

Fatburgers > smash burgers. Haters form a line to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Original Umami burg. Parmesan frico, shiitake mushroom, roasted tomato, caramelized onions, Umami ketchup.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I ate a good burger the other day only issue is tomato wasn't in season

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Tomato is always the issue, throw that poo poo in the trash.

Gonna burg tomorrow since it'll be Triple-Os Tuesday.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I gotta try tossing crushed tomatoes on a burger sometime; hard to get canned that taste out-of-season.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jehde posted:

Tomato is always the issue, throw that poo poo in the trash.

Gonna burg tomorrow since it'll be Triple-Os Tuesday.

I like to think most people who have such wrong opinions have just never had decent fresh in season tomatoes. I'll agree that most fast food tomatoes belong in the trash.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I've had fresh and fancy tomatoes, they are never welcome unless pulvarized into a sauce for my pasta or pizza. Burgers having a slice of tomato by default is one of the worst things Americans have done since filling a glass of soda with ice.

vvv Eat your greens.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 6, 2016

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

i always get a dressed burg sans lettuce :shrug:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

I've had fresh and fancy tomatoes, they are never welcome unless pulvarized into a sauce for my pasta or pizza. Burgers having a slice of tomato by default is one of the worst things Americans have done since filling a glass of soda with ice.

vvv Eat your greens.

Oddly enough I have to agree with this because I just don't like the taste of fresh tomatoes at all, so *shrug* (notice none of the burgs I've ever posted actually have tomato on them)

That said, at least on burgers you generally get a big slice that's easy to just pull out and set aside, then you can just enjoy the burg.

e: missed this post:

Ron Jeremy posted:

Fatburgers > smash burgers. Haters form a line to the left.

poo poo, dawg I got no hate for the fat or the smash. Good burg is a good burg. I make both and eat both and don't give a gently caress.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 6, 2016

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Would love a fat burger with a smash burger as a topping

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Smash burgers as the buns for a fatty patty.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Shake shack opened up in Dallas last week. That's a good burger. I wouldn't wait 30 minutes for it again given the DFW metroplex is saturated with burg spots, but they definitely hit my sweet spot of good bun + lotsa crust on dat meat

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy

Democratic Pirate posted:

Shake shack opened up in Dallas last week. That's a good burger. I wouldn't wait 30 minutes for it again given the DFW metroplex is saturated with burg spots, but they definitely hit my sweet spot of good bun + lotsa crust on dat meat

Why go to shake shack in the dirty d when there's jakes! or the angry dog! or kellers!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Democratic Pirate posted:

i'm sorry you live in dallas

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Still honing my play at home smash burger technique. Getting some really good crust. Here's an action gif.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

beerinator posted:

Still honing my play at home smash burger technique. Getting some really good crust. Here's an action gif.

Looks like you're doing quite well, sir.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

im the burgermeat cummies

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

:nws: for that squirting

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

nazutul posted:

Why go to shake shack in the dirty d when there's jakes! or the angry dog! or kellers!

I've actually never had any of those :downs: Rodeo Goat and Off-Site are my mains since I don't eat burgers on the reg.

Jose posted:

i'm sorry you live in dallas

I'm not too miffed about it

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
hot diggity dog

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beerinator posted:

That is some sexy burging right there

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I burged for dinner,

http://i.imgur.com/P1CJo27.jpg

Then I burged for breakfast.

http://i.imgur.com/KriU1dQ.jpg

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

toplitzin posted:

I burged for dinner,

http://i.imgur.com/P1CJo27.jpg

Then I burged for breakfast.

http://i.imgur.com/KriU1dQ.jpg

That's a simple, classic dinner burg, and I'm sorry you barfed it all back up over your breakfast.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

What is the cthulu monstrosity to the right of the dinner burg

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Manslaughter posted:

What is the cthulu monstrosity to the right of the dinner burg

Looks like red cabbage, probably some sort of slaw.

beerinator posted:

Burger gifs, we've entered a new era.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Today I tried my hand at making a stuffed burger, jalapeno and marbled cheddar topped with ranch.

Didn't take a picture until I was almost done. In the future I need to thicken the patty as an unfortunate amount of cheese was lost during cooking.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003

monterey jack cheese, bacon jam, seared kimchi, sesame aioli, cilantro

blacquethoven fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 12, 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

blacquethoven posted:

monterey jack cheese, bacon jam, seared kimchi, sesame aioli, cilantro

I really need to unbookmark this thread. It's giving me urges.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I recreated the Big Mac at home this weekend.

Here's the classic:

Here are most of the ingredients and the buns almost fully dressed:

I made the buns from two Martin's Potato rolls and I painted the top with some egg white and sprinkled sesame seeds on top to get a good sized sesame roll. The sesame seed rolls I could find at the store were all huge.

Here are all the ingredients:

The only major difference between my version and McDonald's version is that I chose to melt my cheese. McDonald's just places their cheese slice under the bottom patty.

I used 2.6 ounce patties. I think I read somewhere that McDonald's uses like 1.5 ounces or something. I don't think I could have made one much smaller than mine and still have cooked it properly. They use some magic to get theirs as thin as they do.

And here's my final version:

The VS shot.

And here it is after a bite.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

beerinator posted:

Here's the classic:

I made the buns from two Martin's Potato rolls and I painted the top with some egg white and sprinkled sesame seeds on top to get a good sized sesame roll. The sesame seed rolls I could find at the store were all huge.

The only major difference between my version and McDonald's version is that I chose to melt my cheese. McDonald's just places their cheese slice under the bottom patty.

I used 2.6 ounce patties. I think I read somewhere that McDonald's uses like 1.5 ounces or something. I don't think I could have made one much smaller than mine and still have cooked it properly. They use some magic to get theirs as thin as they do.

The VS shot.

Good effort sir.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
after seeing all the delicious smashburgs i had to have one

but my bun was too big

success

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Shake Shack
Shack Stack and some cheddar cheese fries.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

beerinator posted:

Here's the classic:

The VS shot.

Righteous post, I might copy this shortly.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Is this thread basically everyone who posts to the burgers subreddit?

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Esposito posted:

Is this thread basically everyone who posts to the burgers subreddit?

I think that might be just me. I posted the Big Mac thing over there and my last gif of a smash burger over there. I don't remember seeing anyone else post in both places recently, but I just found that subreddit a few weeks ago, so I could be wrong.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've yet to figure out how reddit even works.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You're better off not knowing

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Great job on the Big Mac recreation.

The weird thing about about a Big Mac is that the flavor profile is not dominated by the meat.
Mrs. Squashy has made vegan Big Macs before, and they taste frighteningly similar to the real thing.

I suspect that yours was much, much meatier then a Big Mac.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Me too.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
gently caress reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I read like one subreddit, about a phone game, because they have a ton of nerds who figure out like, how to be good at a bad game. Otherwise gently caress that place.

• Locked thread