Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

My verizon order is

Order Date: 09/09/2016
Deliver By: 09/23/2016

iPhone 7 plus, black, 256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Filthee Fingas posted:

Was getting the same date. Ended up getting matte black. Couldnt get JB on any of the upgrade programs. At least i get a phone next week now.

I got matte black for the same reason. I'll see if I can finagle a Jet Black out of stock on pick up day "Oh poo poo. What? I clicked the wrong one. drat son. Got any I can switch with?"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I got hosed. I have the upgrade program but they don't recognize my old serial number or the replacement iPhone serial number as being enrolled. I'm also not seeing my AppleCare that I bought with the upgrade.

I spent 4 hours on the phone this week between apple support, citizensone, and the local Apple Store trying to resolve this with no result. I going to the store tomorrow to see what they can do now that their systems will be back up and expect a pre-order.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

CaptainCrunch posted:

I'm a little annoyed at how random the in-store pickup is with Apple. For the 6+ in store was no problem. For the 5, it was delivery only. Every other iPad I've ordered has been a delivery only.

Why are neither the phone nor the watch available for pick up?

Yeah this just screwed me too. I can select the watch model I want but the store app won't let me select store pickup. Guess I've gotta try reserving next Thursday night?

Tiny Man Thinking Big
Apr 24, 2005

Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding.

First time signing up for the upgrade program. Managed to snag a 7+ 128 Black model that should arrive on launch day. Had a little trouble getting the order to go through initially but I assume their site was just getting slammed. Have had this iPhone 5 for years and been suffering all summer with a crapped out battery. So stoked about managing to get this. Time for bed.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I managed to preorder within the first few minutes without having to wrestle with my banks fraud detection. Wouldn't let me select my store for pickup and now it says that it will be delivered to me between the 18th and 31st of October :qq:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

mAlfunkti0n posted:

I ordered a 6S the day after pre-order went live and got it on launch day so yeah they had plenty of the regular sized model, can't speak to the + since I switched to that later down the road.
It was the same way with the 6 as well. I preordered it the next morning and it was available for release date delivery while 6+ models were delayed to November.

Placed my order for a matte black 128GB 7+ and October 4-10 delivery (:argh: first time not getting release date iPhone delivery). Do you guys know if delayed shipment estimates are conservative and phones get delivered earlier?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Acquilae posted:

It was the same way with the 6 as well. I preordered it the next morning and it was available for release date delivery while 6+ models were delayed to November.

Placed my order for a matte black 128GB 7+ and October 4-10 delivery (:argh: first time not getting release date iPhone delivery). Do you guys know if delayed shipment estimates are conservative and phones get delivered earlier?
The ones that are a few weeks after launch (yours) are pretty accurate, but like if you ordered one now and it says "November" you could very easily get it like October 15th.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Bill Barber posted:

The ones that are a few weeks after launch (yours) are pretty accurate, but like if you ordered one now and it says "November" you could very easily get it like October 15th.
I'm fine with that, thanks

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
My AT&T contract is up Dec 1st. Are they even doing the subsidized upgrade prices anymore? Or should I just switch to the Apple upgrade plan?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cheesegod posted:

My AT&T contract is up Dec 1st. Are they even doing the subsidized upgrade prices anymore? Or should I just switch to the Apple upgrade plan?
People way earlier in the thread were claiming (arguing) that it's still possible to do the 2-year contract $199 thing or whatever but honestly from everything I've seen every carrier has moved to the buy outright or $25/m thing.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
If you are tmobile try calling 611. Order completed in 14 minutes and delivery on release day.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock

Bill Barber posted:

People way earlier in the thread were claiming (arguing) that it's still possible to do the 2-year contract $199 thing or whatever but honestly from everything I've seen every carrier has moved to the buy outright or $25/m thing.

Yeah when I called yesterday the service rep said basically that my only option was AT&T next which I thought was BS as its in their best interest to move you to that but from everything I'm reading it sounds like she's right :(

Guess I'll go for the Apple upgrade plan.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
The t-mobile store finally seems to be functional

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

TheBuilder posted:

The t-mobile store finally seems to be functional

No change from the usual for me. I called 611 and they said they weren't doing the trade in deal that way. I'm DMing their twitter help who say they can order a phone but they take 20 minutes to reply to each message.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Really annoyed that Apple won't let me buy one of these. Even if you buy a phone outright for full price they require you to give them your phone number and account info. When I put mine in it says "Account type not supported" because my number is on a business account with verizon.

Why won't you just let me give you $800 for a phone? :(

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Jato posted:

Really annoyed that Apple won't let me buy one of these. Even if you buy a phone outright for full price they require you to give them your phone number and account info. When I put mine in it says "Account type not supported" because my number is on a business account with verizon.

Why won't you just let me give you $800 for a phone? :(

I noticed the carrier selection this morning when I went to pre-order because I went to the US store by mistake. What's the point of this? In the UK there's none of that, it's just a straight up purchase like any other

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Linx posted:

I noticed the carrier selection this morning when I went to pre-order because I went to the US store by mistake. What's the point of this? In the UK there's none of that, it's just a straight up purchase like any other

The only thing I can think of is that they're just using it as an authentication method to prevent scalpers on the new devices. If you go to the store page for any of the other iPhones you can pick a carrier, or pick "SIM-Free".

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Linx posted:

The phones have different cell chips (GSM/CDMA, GSM only) based on your provider. Don't know why they couldn't just do the Verizon model if you're buying an unlocked phone, but my guess is they wanna know your network so they can sell as many GSM only (cheaper) phones as possible.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Yeah same even after I updated my address in app it decided to use the address on my Att account anyway, but hell I've got till October to sort it out!! :shepface:
Looks like it'll take that long before you can contact Apple. I tried to call them at what would be like 5:30am pacific and the phone was like yeah. We aren't even going to put you on hold we have so much call volume. Go gently caress yourself goodbye.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Had a black 128 7+ for release day delivery, but by the time I finished the order it was October 4-10 on my confirmation email :colbert:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

flipoff posted:

Had a black 128 7+ for release day delivery, but by the time I finished the order it was October 4-10 on my confirmation email :colbert:
I just went through and checked and Jet Black seems to be the biggest loser (November). You can still get matte black models in 2-3 weeks and quite a few gold configurations are still delivered on launch day.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!
T-Mobile's mobile site is absolute poo poo. Trying to preorder while on vacation sucks. I'm bought through the Apple Store instead. Picked up a series 2 watch. Went with aluminum down from an SS series 1.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

flipoff posted:

Mine slipped a week from the time I selected to the actual order, October 4-10 here too buddy.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

The phones have different cell chips (GSM/CDMA, GSM only) based on your provider. Don't know why they couldn't just do the Verizon model if you're buying an unlocked phone, but my guess is they wanna know your network so they can sell as many GSM only (cheaper) phones as possible.

Pretty sure they all have everything now, and have since at least the 6s if not the 6

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

AdmiralViscen posted:

Pretty sure they all have everything now, and have since at least the 6s if not the 6
You're half right.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/08/att-and-tmobile-iphone-7-models-lack-cdma/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

AdmiralViscen posted:

It changed for the 7. Phones for AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM-only, while phones for Sprint and Verizon are GSM/CDMA.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Canceled my pre-order of the matte black 7+ 128GB and ordered from Apple, matte black 256GB 7+ .. shipping date is one week earlier.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Mine slipped a week from the time I selected to the actual order, October 4-10 here too buddy.

Same here. Looks like the rose gold has the most availability left checking this morning

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bum the Sad posted:

Looks like it'll take that long before you can contact Apple. I tried to call them at what would be like 5:30am pacific and the phone was like yeah. We aren't even going to put you on hold we have so much call volume. Go gently caress yourself goodbye.

Cross post from there other thread, but I checked ATT this morning and their preorder page showed my same model with 10 day earlier delivery so I cancelled my Apple order and went through them instead. It also allowed me to change the delivery address as well

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Wow, that GSM/CDMA change is lame.

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
FYI all Sprint/Verizon models will work on ATT/T-Mobile as the bands are universally shared. I easily secured myself a 256GB Jet Black 7+ about 30 minutes ago this way. :)

eames
May 9, 2009

I ordered one relatively early on as a present and have "Shipping: 6-8 days" and "Delivery 28 Sep - 30 Sep" but when I put one in the cart now (9 hours later) it shows "Delivery 21 Sep - 23 Sep". :confused:

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

I ordered a 32gb 7 + and immediately regretted it. I should have gone with the 128. Apple Store won't let me cancel it since its processing. I should be able to just take it to the Apple Store and return it once it's delivered and then pre-order the 128 since I'm sure they won't have any in stock??

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

thebehaviorist posted:

I ordered a 32gb 7 + and immediately regretted it. I should have gone with the 128. Apple Store won't let me cancel it since its processing. I should be able to just take it to the Apple Store and return it once it's delivered and then pre-order the 128 since I'm sure they won't have any in stock??
What's the loadout/delivery date and how did you pay for it? If it's jetblack/september you might be able to resell it for a little bit extra.

Otherwise yeah returning it shouldn't be a problem at all.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Hopefully there's a chance some of these get delivered earlier than projected, would be nice if I didn't have to wait until October.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

flipoff posted:

Hopefully there's a chance some of these get delivered earlier than projected, would be nice if I didn't have to wait until October.

Yeah it's always "painful" to wait even when I have a 6S+ here, kinda funny how that works. Oh well, patience is a virtue ... or something. :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm trying to do the upgrade program with sprint and I keep getting a page not found error on the apple site.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

flipoff posted:

Unlikely. Here is what will happen
Monday 9/12 people will get shipped notifications for overnight shipping via fedex/ups/etc..

Tuesday 9/3 people will post OMG its out for delivery, or Its in my hometown!

Tuesday 9/3 evening People will post wtf apple, why is ups holding the phone till friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Yeah it's always "painful" to wait even when I have a 6S+ here, kinda funny how that works. Oh well, patience is a virtue ... or something. :)
You could always take off work early Thursday and go camp outside your local Apple store.

• Locked thread