Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
When Taimi gets that swiftness buff from my herald's aura

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkmAp72DC3U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The elite spec weapon collection is cool. I hope there are more collections like that in the new content.

The first tier of the precursor collections are also fun, but the second one is just a giant time/gold sink so far. :(

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I need to stop WvW-ing and actually finish a bunch PvE stuff like the Ascended Weapon collections (especially since I have no Ascended gear outside of rings and amulets).

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
What's the likelihood that anet will eventually add a moderately to highly desired crafting recipe that utilizes a ton of silver and gold?

Those two metals are so cheap... it just seems weird that they're not used in anything of high value that merits farming their nodes for even a low wage gig if someone were so inclined.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

nickhimself posted:

What's the likelihood that anet will eventually add a moderately to highly desired crafting recipe that utilizes a ton of silver and gold?

Those two metals are so cheap... it just seems weird that they're not used in anything of high value that merits farming their nodes for even a low wage gig if someone were so inclined.

Look in your material storage where the ascended materials are and you have your answer.

As to when they actually add it, who knows.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Whenever they get around to making grandmaster jeweler then we'll need poo poo loads of gold and silver to make whatever the time gated ascended jeweler material will be

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Ahh, that's right. Those things. Cool, thanks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Been sitting on like 40 stacks of gold ore for the past 2.5 years waiting for that to happen. Surely it'll come with the underwater revamp, where ascended jeweler will only make trinkets that work underwater.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Visidan posted:

Whatever it is it's going to be delayed constantly now.

oi mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwRW148Jys

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Smart money is in Sugar Pumpkins.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MANGOGATE 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's a shame that jewelcrafter became a worthless profession after they added ascended jewelry and easy access to it, it used to be my favorite one and a good character gearing and cash maker.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, tried the Fresh Air Elementalist build in today's set of (T1) fractal dailies. Lots of fun, tons of damage and lots of options. Had some trouble with the whole "surviving" thing though. I guess you don't want to try overloads when enemies are not thoroughly distracted, because it seems quite easy to get mulched in the time it takes to channel an overload air and it's not like you can dodge during it (unless I am woefully mistaken).

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
So other than the Skirmishes for WvW, what else has been announced?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

So, tried the Fresh Air Elementalist build in today's set of (T1) fractal dailies. Lots of fun, tons of damage and lots of options. Had some trouble with the whole "surviving" thing though. I guess you don't want to try overloads when enemies are not thoroughly distracted, because it seems quite easy to get mulched in the time it takes to channel an overload air and it's not like you can dodge during it (unless I am woefully mistaken).

The fact that you're getting mulched in T1 fractals is uh....maybe you should consider some changes to your build?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Obligatum VII posted:

Surviving is primarily about positioning. Learn how far away 300 distance units is in front of you (auto attack) and 360 distance units is in all directions (radius of Overload Air) , and position yourself safely. For PvE you can trait Tempest 133, which gives you Stability, Protection, and an automatic Eye of the Storm, all of which assist you in getting proper positioning while overloading.

Alternate answer: The trick is to learn where the logoff button is and log onto your Reaper for fractals.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can't have fun AND stay alive as an ele, have to choose one or the other.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Also today's fractals were Molten Boss (Staff), Thaumanova Reactor (Staff), and Uncatagorized (Staff until the last fight, where D/F Fresh Air is dandy), so it's not surprising if you got rocked playing D/Wh.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Xun posted:

The fact that you're getting mulched in T1 fractals is uh....maybe you should consider some changes to your build?

I mean, I'm not getting one shot, but any sort of focus from the enemies at all and I'm toast if I'm not getting the hell out of dodge (this is primarily a concern when I'm trying to channel the air overload). I imagine in higher tier fractals, an elementalist probably does get one-shot though, provided they're in full zerker gear. Course, low toughness means that most other classes will get targeted first, though enemies that spammed a lot of AoE were rough.

Edit: I switched to staff for the reactor boss. It is a jerk.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 10, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The key is to not play ele, play engineer instead.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

lucifirius posted:

So other than the Skirmishes for WvW, what else has been announced?

The next living story chapter will bring back the Rings of Fire as a new zone. Also a new PvP map but still the same boring point cap so whatever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

who the gently caress vandalized my monument to dear leader

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looks correct to me.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

good job whoever

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

AnacondaHL posted:

Learn how far away 300 distance units is in front of you (auto attack) and 360 distance units is in all directions (radius of Overload Air)

This advice changed my ele play when he told me. You will be shocked on how far the dagger actually hits.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Avalerion posted:

The next living story chapter will bring back the Rings of Fire as a new zone. Also a new PvP map but still the same boring point cap so whatever.

Sweet, thanks man.

Edit: GOD DAMMIT I NEED LEYLINE GLIDING. Must farm mastery points and xp. :x

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 10, 2016

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

So, I need to do LS achievements to unlock Viper's accessories. Who else wants/needs these as well? We can group up and help scum our way through some of them together.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

knowonecanknow posted:

This advice changed my ele play when he told me. You will be shocked on how far the dagger actually hits.

Hah! Shocked! I don't know if it was intentional but good job either way.

nickhimself posted:

So, I need to do LS achievements to unlock Viper's accessories. Who else wants/needs these as well? We can group up and help scum our way through some of them together.

The season 2 stuff? Those are sinister, not viper. I haven't done them though, so if you want to clear them out I'd be happy to join. Or do you mean the HoT story achievements?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

nickhimself posted:

You buy the upgrade part for Aurillium in AB, the actual amulet etc can be a drop or bought on the TP. It's the same for all HoT recipes that cannot be bought by crafting vendor

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

The season 2 stuff? Those are sinister, not viper. I haven't done them though, so if you want to clear them out I'd be happy to join. Or do you mean the HoT story achievements?

HOT chapter 4 has a stat selectable amulet. The rest are Marauder though.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Man, what happened to mag voice comm? I hopped on Teamspeak for WvW for the first time in forever and I think I could summarize the entire two hours as "Man, this is gay! Stack on me, stack on me! Empower, empower! Go left! Kill these faggots! Downed human being on the right, kill that fag! JQ's a bunch of ching chong ping pongs! loving fags using siege! A loving queue? Who's this no name commander? Tell that human being to go to a different map!"

I think the last time I did voice comm we used Mumble and making fun of transfers for using the names of the objectives instead of cardinal directions was the worst it got.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
No that sounds like my usual experience and why I stopped using it. Let's not forget that one commander from way back who muted every single girl that talked because being a girl that exists online is far too distracting for our boys in the mist.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
That sounds like Mag TS for the past 2+ years or so. There's a commander on Mag who pretty much gets banned once a day for saying offensive poo poo in map/team chat (Packit) and several others tend to spew out racist poo poo or make racist characters. The only commanders I've seen that don't do this poo poo are those no-name commanders that are hated on, Xushin and Cletus. My playing of WvW went waaaaaay down due to this crap happening because it is not just limited to voice chat and many of them will spam up map chat and yell at you/blame you for any failings based on your build or your class or just because they can't possibly be bad commanders.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Sometimes I wish this game was less enjoyable so I could :sever: myself from the toxic shitbirds that gravitate towards and inevitably ruin games for me.

But then I'd miss all you upstanding folk :smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah pubbies being awful is legitimately why I don't WvW almost ever. The appeal of WvW for me is entirely in the idea of running around in a big group fighting other big groups, except being on voice chat with Maguuma's WvW pubbies is really, really painful.

In much cooler news, my raid group killed Slothasor for the first time tonight!!! We took a lovely group photo with the butt of the Sloth statue.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I was about to ask what that horrifying spider thing was in the foreground, but then I realized it was an Asura.

rum
Aug 23, 2007
Which one is the top dps ele

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

rum posted:

Which one is the top dps ele

let me tell you about meta

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I run full Cleric but all of my gear is transmuted to look like the default skins for ascended berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Packit and Purrve (when he bothers to get on TS) are serious shitbags, as are all the KILL guys other than Okimy. I'm playing in EU time now, which sucks for actual fighting, but the couple commanders that run and the TS population are a lot more palatable, if you don't mind doing a lot of PPT (which I don't).

• Locked thread