Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I got Gold in a public event, first since update, and didn't get a Legendary Engram. Did I misread the update notes?

Edit: fucks sake I poo poo up my post on my SA App. Anyway, Zarinea and Fabian are both pretty great now.

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

I genuinely couldn't describe from memory any of the sights on any of the guns I use, that's how little I pay attention to them.

The only one that stands out is the sight with the lens cap poking straight up but I couldn't tell you what gun it's on.

That's why you're not a member of the Stat Boyz smdh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

That's why you're not a member of the Stat Boyz smdh

That's not a very good club, it's all heavy sighs and ragequits for those clowns.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey goons I have a special weapon exotic engram should I try for Trespasser or should I just wait

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

moist turtleneck posted:

I knew this was still a thing but people decided to trust Bungie the first two times when they "fixed" this

Its still happening, I get cluster explosions randomly on the Dreadnaught. I shoot an acolytes head, 10,000 explosions happen and everything around it gets destroyed instantly. I enjoy this still active bug very, very much.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

doctor 7 posted:

I got Gold in a public event, first since update, and didn't get a Legendary Engram. Did I misread the update notes?

Edit: fucks sake I poo poo up my post on my SA App. Anyway, Zarinea and Fabian are both pretty great now.

I believe the public event thing doesn't change until actual Rise of Iron launch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would chalk up any weird behavior seen from events or rewards between now and the 20th to the game trying to hold back RoI features, really.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

doctor 7 posted:

Also I got Gold in a public event, first since update, and didn't get a Legendary Engram. Did I misread the update notes?

that hasn't been activated yet. I dunno if it's a bug or if it's waiting for RoI proper though.

same with the rift overshield on spawn. I played some yesterday and didn't notice it (even got spawn camped a bit too). Anyone know if the salvage changes are live?

Roman posted:

Since like half the people playing say they can't see the grain, I assume Bungie turned the filter on by accident and no one there noticed. (There are going to be image filters you can buy from Eververse)

my eyes must be going too because sometimes I think I can see it, like if I quickly look away and look back but usually nothing and I'm wondering how people are finding it unplayable or getting headaches. So I want to know if I'm just blind or if I'm having an actual different experience.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Its still happening, I get cluster explosions randomly on the Dreadnaught. I shoot an acolytes head, 10,000 explosions happen and everything around it gets destroyed instantly. I enjoy this still active bug very, very much.

The issue was that it would kill destiny not that it would make your screen look cool

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

ElNarez posted:

hey goons I have a special weapon exotic engram should I try for Trespasser or should I just wait

I vote wait. Like, think of it this way- you open it now, maybe you get trespasser. A one out of however many exotic specials there are.

Or you wait until RoI and there's a bunch of new exotics, then you open and the odds of getting something new increases. Unless you really really want trespasser specifically and/or really want it a week and a half early.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

It's a subtle effect that is barely noticeable but more noticeable against certain backgrounds and colours

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ElNarez posted:

I got my Trespasser first try. Then I got another special engram from a taken ultra while trying out my new toy, :whatup:

Other people report burning through several engrams before getting theirs, or not getting one at all.

It's a neat gun but you'll probably go back to whatever your preferred secondary was.

How bad do you want a cute toy that probably won't get much use after the novelty wears off?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Side arms aren't good.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

Screw a Zarinea this is where it's at

So smooth~~~~

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ElNarez posted:

Do you want a mediocre side arm?

Unless you jerk off to pictures of a suited up Peter Weller I can't imagine it's all that significant of a thing for you.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
And if I do??

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

WHY DO YOU THINK I WANT IT SO BAD

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I have a Jabberhäkke-D with Army of One and Feeding Frenzy that I cherish and treasure. A new crazy exotic Sidearm is exactly the kind of thing I'd be into. But if it's not all that good, I can wait eleven days.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would strongly recommend hanging on to all exotic engrams for the DLC to hit so you can use them to ratchet your light level higher.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So will this new expansion make destiny finally be good or

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Calaveron posted:

No it doesn't increase the frame rate at all.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Calaveron posted:

Or

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I dipped like right after the last hard mode raid hit. What should I be doing rn to get ready for RoI?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Tokubetsu posted:

I dipped like right after the last hard mode raid hit. What should I be doing rn to get ready for RoI?

Waiting

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

I would strongly recommend hanging on to all exotic engrams for the DLC to hit so you can use them to ratchet your light level higher.

Maybe use boot exotic engrams since those are rolling over 335 for some reason.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Brine posted:

It's to get you to burn all your exotic boot engrams for the cool Warlock boots that are gonna release

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
PvP trip report: still dying to everything but primary weapons.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Brine posted:

Seems kinda silly when you'll probably get purples and blues higher than 335 in a week and can use your exotics to boost past that

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

deadwing posted:

cool Warlock boots

Hahahahahahah

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

sunday at work posted:

Except the Universal Remote or did that fix actually balance that piece of poo poo

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

sunday at work posted:

My PvP report: I hate that I have to do 3v3 pvp for this years moments of triumph. I'm just not mentally capable of not having incredibly shaky hands and having a racing heart while in any 3v3 match.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

doctor 7 posted:

Except the Universal Remote or did that fix actually balance that piece of poo poo

Didn't see a single one.

:feelsgood:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ularg posted:

My PvP report: I hate that I have to do 3v3 pvp for this years moments of triumph. I'm just not mentally capable of not having incredibly shaky hands and having a racing heart while in any 3v3 match.

It's just a game

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Show me on the screenshot where the guardian hurt you

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008
Rift: still the worst goddamn thing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

FishBulb posted:

It's just a game

I can't control my mental disabilities, I'm not taking the game seriously at all.

(Can't wait for the Christmas Khvostov)

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gonna kill dudes with that stupid loving looking bottom one

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
gently caress I love the sci-fi process of

1. take real gun
2. put greebles on it

Like something happened after the 21st century where direct impingement rifles need both a gas tube and also an energon flux-tubule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ugh. The destruction of UR reminded me why I used it even though I don't even like the loving thing: the entire game being completely focused on special weapons means running out of special ammo feels like you might as well give up on the game.

I'm kind of sick of this game's PVP but I know there's never going to be enough PVE to just play that. It's kind of disheartening.

• Locked thread