Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Yes, and while I'm not trying to sound like Vince here I do think Lio's size hurts him if we're talking about potential promotional aces.

i feel the same way about dalton's gimmick despite loving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if wrestling were still booked like a straight up and down fight, size would be more of a factor. With personality being a much bigger drawing factor than physical presence, people like Dalton Castle stand to make people(including himself, if he plays his cards right) a lot of money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Dalton Castle stand to make people(including himself, if he plays his cards right) a lot of money.

Job Creator Dalton Castle brought those Bois from the bus station to the big leagues.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Job Creator Dalton Castle brought those Bois from the bus station to the big leagues.

Uh pretty sure the bus brought them to the big leagues

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Dalton Castle ain't got poo poo on Lio Rush.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Lio Rush will be real good in, like, a year and a half

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's not every day you walk down the road to see one of those video advert signs proudly tell you ROH is gonna be within walking distance of your house in a few months. That's the kind of thing I usually find out the day after an event, so pretty happy about that even if i haven't followed ROH specifically in quite some time.

Hoping the card will have some flippy poo poo as my poor wife agreed to come with me, and that's the only style that she remotely cares for. Even though as a nurse, she has to give me a lecture on why suicide dives and the like are just such a bad idea.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/771941850068422657

I wonder if ROH knows about this?

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

drat, i almost just bought this for $35 on ROH. glad i checked this thread first.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Cross posting from the indie thread about PCW's relationship with ROH.

PCW posted:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH RING OF HONOR
As always I believe in being honest with the fans. With Ring Of Honor booking a show in Liverpool on November 18th, the exact same day as PCW are running in Liverpool we do not feel this is something that should happen between promotions in partnership with each other. My frustrations have been documented in multiple emails to ROH management but they seem dismissive of my concerns and little options given to resolve. I do not feel I can justify and contribute what would be around $15,000 of PCW money towards flights and visas when the very talent I am helping bring over are running against me in the same town on the same night. I do also feel that this should have been made known to me before it was announced as previous mentions to me of ROH in the UK on the 18th were referenced as 'shows around London'. My other concern is Liverpool is also just a 40min drive/train from Preston so would also have a negative effect on the draw of the following weekend (November 25th & 26th) events too and this has been reflected by poor ticket sales as of late.

UK talent are setting the world on fire right now in PWG, Evolve, WWE Cruiserweight Series plus other places. I do not see why they overlooked PCW talent such as Dave Mastiff, Bubblegum, El Ligero, Martin Kirby and Lionheart as ROH could have had the UK invasion before others even considered it. I know the PCW talent also have grown frustrated as many times I put them on standby when told by ROH that PCW talent is wanted to be used on shows and given intended dates but it never happened. I was so keen to help PCW talent make a name for themselves in the USA that I offered to pay 50% of their flights as I was so confident in the PCW roster's ability to perform when given the chance.

The PCW Cruiserweight title situation was disappointing too as I was promised that Adam Cole would wear it on ROH branded shows (including TV) in the USA so was frustrating to see this not happen and does indicate how much PCW partnership is valued by ROH.

I had been promised that ROH will push the PCW/ROH dates of November 25th and 26th but still there was no mention of the shows on their social media or website. It's clear they are going to favour their own shows but when I am told something I expect it as the money I was contributing towards travel is not something that PCW can afford to throw away.

The UK scene is the strongest it has been in decades right now and a partnership with a UK based wrestling promotion should be something to celebrate. I am very thankful to ROH for the past two years of events and it is just a shame a partnership that could be so much more never did reach its true potential. I have never asked for a penny from ROH towards my shows and have given them some very good exposure to the UK market so this really was a no lose scenario for the ROH brand. I have no hard feelings about how things with Ring Of Honor have gone and wish them the best of luck on their UK tour. I do personally apologise to the talent who have lost a weekend of work but when I did sense things taking a turn for the worse, I did not actually book any of the ROH roster for this November.

In closing there really is no bitterness, regret or resentment towards ROH or any staff member and we are thankful for the working relationship while it lasted. I really must make each decision for the good of PCW and that is why we must do our own thing going forwards for the reasons listed above. I do hope there is no resentment my way from this statement as I am only trying to be open and honest about the reason for the split and I owe that to the fans who have spent their hard earned money on tickets.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That's a whole lot of words for a statement supposedly without bitterness or resentment

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
MCMG vs The Addiction vs The Young Bucks Ladder War 6 has been signed for ASE.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ladder war used to mean something

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

MCMG vs The Addiction vs The Young Bucks Ladder War 6 has been signed for ASE.

That sounds sick as hell but have they even bothered to make a storyline for it?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

I Before E posted:

That sounds sick as hell but have they even bothered to make a storyline for it?

ROH posted:

Against all odds, The Addiction have managed to hold onto the ROH World Tag Team Championship for months. But this has been far from an honorable fight against the undeserving challengers. Instead, Daniels and Kazarian have utilized every trick, scheme, and broken rule possible to hang onto the gold! The Addiction pride themselves on being the smartest men in the room, and since bringing Kamaitachi into the mix they've only become more dangerous.

Who can stop The Addiction? Many teams have tried, only to be out-smarted and out-maneuvered by the champions. Two teams constantly in the hunt are, of course, The Young Bucks and Motor City Machine Guns. The battles between these teams are legendary, spanning years around the globe. But recently, the rivalry has been heating up and getting personal right here in Ring of Honor!

Basically no not really.

Also in lol news Jason Kincaid may be going to Evolve according to PWInsider. Like the guy a lot and would be a pretty good fit in Kevin Sullivan's stable.

edit: It's confirmed. He'll be on one of the upcoming Evolve shows.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 6, 2016

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Kincaid ends up in WWE it's possible that a former NWA Mountain State Heavyweight Champion could hold WWE gold.

I don't know if I can handle this possibility.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jason Kincaids voice is hysterical

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Cross posting from the indie thread about PCW's relationship with ROH.

IF ROH doesn't have Visas/paperwork for the UK.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

ladder war used to mean something

OTOH Bucks ladder matches always deliver

Pray for poor Chris Sabin though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PrinceKingNana/status/773278661948665856

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pass

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What the gently caress is Nana even doing? Last time I remember he was possibly setting up a face(?) stable with Caprice Coleman, Will Ferrera, and Dijak and now its just heel Dijak?

Cody and Wade coming to ROH at the same time though lol

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

Cody and Wade coming to ROH at the same time though lol

ROH and WWE are switching places and I don't know what to think anymore

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sign Wade to replace Nigel on commentary

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wade is good!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Wade is good!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Like I said when the Scurll news came out, what ROH really needs these days is more guys who can talk and Barrett can fill that role. I think he'd do pretty well there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

If Kincaid ends up in WWE it's possible that a former NWA Mountain State Heavyweight Champion could hold WWE gold.

I don't know if I can handle this possibility.

No way will Kincaid ever end up in WWE.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wade Barrett is a good wrestler and promo so he's two things Cody Rhodes is not

Now I imagine he'll die in like two weeks of doing indy matches, but it will be a fun two weeks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydal/Kamaitachi Oct 14 at Glory by Honor

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

triplexpac posted:

ROH and WWE are switching places and I don't know what to think anymore

Not really. WWE is only getting Roderick String. They are signing several indy names lately, but I still don't buy into this talk of more top ROH names leaving after this year ends. The Young Bucks are WWE haters and they make a lot with ROH, Japan and their merchant. Adam Cole has already publicly dismissed going to WWE. He's focused on being the ROH champ and being a player for New Japan. These things wouldn't happen if he was set on WWE. KOR loves New Japan and he seems like the type who would re-sign with a company after they promise him a future world title reign. Jay Lethal is an ROH lifer. This CMLL deals ads more prestige to sticking with ROH for wrestlers as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Roque11 posted:

Not really. WWE is only getting Roderick String. They are signing several indy names lately, but I still don't buy into this talk of more top ROH names leaving after this year ends. The Young Bucks are WWE haters and they make a lot with ROH, Japan and their merchant. Adam Cole has already publicly dismissed going to WWE. He's focused on being the ROH champ and being a player for New Japan. These things wouldn't happen if he was set on WWE. KOR loves New Japan and he seems like the type who would re-sign with a company after they promise him a future world title reign. Jay Lethal is an ROH lifer. This CMLL deals ads more prestige to sticking with ROH for wrestlers as well.

Lethal has basically publicly said he's going to weigh his options when his ROH deal runs out which I believe is next month.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roderick String Theory

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Firstly I am cross posting this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787389&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post463982187

Secondly only this week I heard of two more ROH names who are thinking about leaving. One has a deal that's up at the end of the year and the other I am not sure if they are contracted with ROH but is a mainstay.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's worth remembering that there are only so many things you can say when every dumb interviewer asks every non-wwe wrestler about possibly going to the wwe and coming out and saying you don't intend to go or you'd prefer to stay in company x can only hurt your leverage in contract negotiations

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's worth remembering that there are only so many things you can say when every dumb interviewer asks every non-wwe wrestler about possibly going to the wwe and coming out and saying you don't intend to go or you'd prefer to stay in company x can only hurt your leverage in contract negotiations

Is Elgin still in ROH or no? I remember him talking in interviews about wanting to try baseball when his ROH contract was up, and they seemed to cool on him REAL fast. So why not just toe the company line in that case, at least publicly?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Elgin is NJPW full time and makes the occasional one off appearance in ROH but hasn't had an ongoing angle since he left

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Young Bucks are wwe haters

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Firstly I am cross posting this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787389&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post463982187

Secondly only this week I heard of two more ROH names who are thinking about leaving. One has a deal that's up at the end of the year and the other I am not sure if they are contracted with ROH but is a mainstay.
What's ACH's status, he seems like a guy who would be disgruntled about how he is booked in ROH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

What's ACH's status, he seems like a guy who would be disgruntled about how he is booked in ROH.

He's wrestling in Noah right?

• Locked thread