Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

lol

fairlight
May 18, 2007

lol

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

that owns

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It's so good

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
*never smashed the 'favorite' button so goddamn fast*

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

M'gahahahahah! 600 more episodes, I say!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aren't they in season 30 or something. Shouldn't they be way past 600 by now?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
maybe it was becuase i was drunk but i watched a new episode like a year ago and it felt like it was scripted by markov chains

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's got this really weird, flat tone to it. like the writer's room has no sense of timing, even when a joke does work.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the simpsons has been bad for twice the time it's been good by now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

yeah, i'd say that season 10 is really the last decent season, and even that's not great. i wonder if it's nostalgia, but i watch 3 through 9 and still laugh a lot.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

the simpsons is bad now?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It got pretty alright in like 2009 after a decade or so of being a children's show. Every season since then has had some pretty good episodes mixed in with the bad. Like the one where homer loses his sex drive and Marge is really horny all the time

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, i'd say that season 10 is really the last decent season, and even that's not great. i wonder if it's nostalgia, but i watch 3 through 9 and still laugh a lot.

Watch 2 you idiot. Bart gets an f, Simpson and Delilah come on son

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
season 27 had one genuinely good episode, the non-treehouse halloween one, and i think the boyhood parody and maybe something else had a sense of emotional gravity that felt respectable even if it wasnt funny. then eg the lena dunham (ack!) episode did the inverse in that it had some funny jokes but was so cruel to the characters that anyone who actually cares about the simpsons got mad at it (eg me). to clarify i was paid for this

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
season 26 had a non-treehouse episode where kang and kodos abducted the simpsons into space and i dont think even the musical or improv themed episodes could ever top that low point

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Please tell me the last dozen or so posts are quotes.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
the true low point was the lady gaga episode. they might have sunk lower since then but i wouldnt know

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I lost control of my like button

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lmfao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Reymon - the slide

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Ferrule posted:

Please tell me the last dozen or so posts are quotes.

i wish

fairlight
May 18, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Reymon - the slide

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

go devils

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Alaois posted:

go devils

gotta support hte team

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

Ras Het posted:

season 27 had one genuinely good episode, the non-treehouse halloween one, and i think the boyhood parody and maybe something else had a sense of emotional gravity that felt respectable even if it wasnt funny. then eg the lena dunham (ack!) episode did the inverse in that it had some funny jokes but was so cruel to the characters that anyone who actually cares about the simpsons got mad at it (eg me). to clarify i was paid for this

man you are the last person on here i expected to have earnest simpsons opinions

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Reymon - the slide

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

man you are the last person on here i expected to have earnest simpsons opinions

lol i know

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

simpsons is important

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

lol

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

its kind of a mindfuck how long there has been The Simpsons

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

its kind of a mindfuck how long there has been The Simpsons

i still remember being excited that the funny cartoon from butterfinger commercials was getting its own show

• Locked thread