Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

It's official, Hasbro's announced the evil Masterpiece leader to stand opposite Optimus Prime we've all been waiting for!

If I was gonna get an evil MP Optimus, I'd want either some variety of Scourge, or that OSKO Evasion Prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I kinda want pimpin' prime since purple is my favorite color.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Purple Prime is weird as hell but those darker helmet colours are dope.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
This ko auction is using the wrong picture, right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272367639067

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Buy a Skullsmasher, wonder if I got a good hips one

Leg falls out as I'm taking him out of the package, welp

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What's the part that pops out, the balljoints or the hip swivels?

...both?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

What's the part that pops out, the balljoints or the hip swivels?

...both?

The hips just fall off the ball joint.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Straxus mold has really chronically awful hips :smith:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DoctorWhat posted:

Have never had any issues with mine

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Me neither, my Straxus and Skullgrin were always fine.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Mine could use some future when I dig him out.

My real Winner Of The lovely Hips Sweepstakes is RTS/HFTD/last wave of ROTF Brawn, the shellformery one with the two pistols that turned into a big pickup truck. Dude's big beefy shoulder joints are what his hips shoulda been.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gosh, Quillfire is such a good sweet prickleboy. Only way he could be better is if he was purple and named Blot.

This is the kind of Beastformer I love, tbh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Monster factory, invading even transformer name descriptions.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

You loving know it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

Gosh, Quillfire is such a good sweet prickleboy. Only way he could be better is if he was purple and named Blot.

This is the kind of Beastformer I love, tbh.

So he's good? Hmm, might consider picking him up then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wei Jiang teased a Devastator image the other day, possibly a real OS version of the Combiner Wars version.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Wei Jiang teased a Devastator image the other day, possibly a real OS version of the Combiner Wars version.
gently caress it. let's do it. I will buy it and if it fits, use two full spaces in a Detolf for him

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress it. let's do it. I will buy it and if it fits, use two full spaces in a Detolf for him

He's probably gonna be too wide for a Detolf.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, that's true. The regular one I haven't even tried to fit in a detolf because of the height, but his width is pretty significant and he barely fits as is.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Weijiang Longhaul will probably be big enough to carry a toddler.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

This obsession will destroy us all, Rhyno.

Blackheart posted:

So he's good? Hmm, might consider picking him up then.

He's really cool, like a really fun late-G1 dude but, like, posable. He even has a little neck movement, thanks to a balljoint beneath his engine block zone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

An OS Devastator might end with me getting divorced

Hope the QC is good

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The latest rumor is that we are getting a Generations Predaking (probably a boxset like Computron), a leader Quickswitch, and deluxe Nautica and Perceptor, among other things.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Score of the day! At a toy show with my dad who's here dealing. He pulls this box of loose TFs from the back of the car that I've never seen before. Turns out he bought the whole box at a car boot sale recently and never got around to showing me. I'm looking through, and it's mostly movie TFs, legends/legion scale, a couple of TFP ones, a few PCC singles. But there amongst them, a complete DINOPOPE! :toot:

One of my big wants for freeeee. My weekend will have to come up trumps to top that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The MSJ posted:

The latest rumor is that we are getting a Generations Predaking (probably a boxset like Computron), a leader Quickswitch, and deluxe Nautica and Perceptor, among other things.

Now that they've made a great Blaster and Blurr, my top wants have been updates of Deluxe Perceptor and Ratchet. Halfway there!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Another goddamn Windcharger?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Abominus and Predaking could easily share a ton of parts, it kinda surprised me they didn't go with them originally.

And then of course make a Dinopope out of them.

The_Doctor posted:

Another goddamn Windcharger?
Last one was in 2014, this will be out in 2017...

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Abominus and Predaking could easily share a ton of parts, it kinda surprised me they didn't go with them originally.

And then of course make a Dinopope out of them.
Last one was in 2014, this will be out in 2017...

I prefer the 2010 model Windcharger, you all remember.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Got that YOTM Primal Prime. Never had the Air Attack mold before but for $40 shipped this is a great big chunk of toy. Simple but kind of inventive transformation, goofy but fun deco, dumb gimmicks that are localized rather than pervasive...

If he had thigh swivels he'd be pretty superb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Got that YOTM Primal Prime. Never had the Air Attack mold before but for $40 shipped this is a great big chunk of toy. Simple but kind of inventive transformation, goofy but fun deco, dumb gimmicks that are localized rather than pervasive...

If he had thigh swivels he'd be pretty superb.

Holy crap did you buy something I recommended???

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Holy crap did you buy something I recommended???

Yeah I forgot to thank you, thanks for the heads-up. I was always kind of interested in the Air Attack mold and had a positive attitude to the YOTM deco but the price was outrageous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah I forgot to thank you, thanks for the heads-up. I was always kind of interested in the Air Attack mold and had a positive attitude to the YOTM deco but the price was outrageous.

Kind of crazy that the original price was $150. Mine is waiting for me at home but I won't have time to mess with it until tomorrow night.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I pledge'd up my Skullsmasher and now that he can hold a pose I still gotta admit he's probably the worst of wave 1. On the plus side, his titan master is fantastic looking, probably the best of wave 1.

Also, saying this again: Buy a paintbrush and a fill an empty aspirin bottle. Watching videos of people applying pledge with tooth picks is hilarious, but I wouldn't wish an act of stupidity on that scale upon any of you. It's fluid acrylic, not some mysterious elixir from beyond planet X.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just use a q-tip to apply my floor wax.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That must take a long time.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I guess q-tips work fine if you're applying a wax, sure, but I wasn't talking about that.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Just found Chromedome and Mindwipe at a Walgreens. Chromedome is... boring as hell. also, mine, his chest piece drags the ground. Or more specifically, the tabs that keep it on his chest drag the ground. And his leg came off. At his thigh mushroom peg, weirdly. Meh. Mindwipe, however, is loving genius. Admittedly, I was looking forward to Mindwipe more, but still.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Man I've been checking Walgreens like crazy trying to find Brainstorm. Have the Chromedome wave in pile of loot so pumped to hear that at least some of them are good. More pics guys!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Man I've been checking Walgreens like crazy trying to find Brainstorm. Have the Chromedome wave in pile of loot so pumped to hear that at least some of them are good. More pics guys!
Post on cybertron.ca

quote:

Originally Posted by Autocons View Post
I don't know if this will be any help to people trying to get him:
Shipment Date at Walgreens in Texas- October 15, 2016.
Description on Walgreens computer- Transformers GNRTN DLX BRNSTRMFG
UPC CODE- 63050946383

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Ugh the only place I've found Mindwipe and friends is at Walgreens where they're $20 goddamn dollars.