Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is my first weekend with the game. I've got 59 Strange Coins and I'm told I need to find "Xur" to spend them all. He's a hidden guy in the Tower on weekends, and he's got a rare item or two or three that I buy with my coins?

Those guys gave you mediocre advice. The first thing you buy is Legacy Engrams. After you can't use your change for 3oC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cvnvcnv posted:

Yeah, your reading comprehension. But I'd love to see a low RoF better than that.

Same terrible fire rate.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I spent so long in vanilla praying for a good roll on the ol' shingen-e

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I remember when that and The Stranger's Rifle were the things to use in Crucible.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao new 10killstreak voice is over the top retarded

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

silly stats for year two trials from trialsreport:

https://destinytrialsreport.com/yeartwo

Sure glad Bungie was so responsive about addressing sniper prevalence and special ammo.. snipes were responsible for 30% of all kills in trials. The next closest weapon type was shotguns at 16%. The top primary (pulses) had 13%.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao new 10killstreak voice is over the top retarded

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Why is sniper prevalence a bad thing?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because it's not a primary weapon but it gets used like one.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because it's hard to not get sniped when I'm running around the map like a moron trying to shotgun people across giant hallways.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Here's a good way to stop getting upset about getting killed by shotguns and snipers:

Start calling your Primary your "Basic"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Here's a good way to stop getting upset about getting killed by shotguns and snipers:

Weapon Slot 1

Weapon Slot 2

Weapon Slot 3

You guys can pick THREE weapons to take with you into pvp!!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd rather call specials too prevalent.

Everyone maining a OHK weapon is stupid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

I'd rather call specials too prevalent.

Everyone maining a OHK weapon is stupid.

That's the game though. It's in its third year now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Weird nickname for a man

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Weird nickname for a man

He's a few weeks from crashing the party in your rear end

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My cocytus is basic

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just to make sure I'm not wasting my time grinding, all legendary and exotic engrams can become year 3 stuff once RoI launches right?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

My cocytus is basic

That joke was stage 2 of this series of posts, lol if you're getting snipe raped in trials your secondary is probably basic too!!1

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
wait is the Fatal Vision ship rare? Cause I got one a few weeks ago in a vanguard package

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

8th-snype posted:

wait is the Fatal Vision ship rare? Cause I got one a few weeks ago in a vanguard package

For a long time it was unobtainable but still listed in the kiosk, which infuriated a couple of redditors. It finally got added to the vanguard loot table in the April update.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

8th-snype posted:

I think it was super rare because of some bug

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
4℅ vs 0.4℅

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Because usually the only ships that matter to me are the OG queens pink one and the blue busted one

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

8th-snype posted:

Because usually the only ships that matter to me are the OG queens pink one and the blue busted one

:agreed:

The queen's pink made me get blue and bust one, too.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Happy to see my exotic engram pinata(that guy you can jump through the roof on the Dreadnaught to get to) is still accessible and paying out. The greens are a hilarious touch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Comytatus was rare as gently caress too and I still got it, it was less than 2% drop rate or something. I get all the ships though. Got the spindle ship on the first day, got the Iron banner ship the first time it was available too.

Also, played a bunch with Cheesefactory last night, I pretty much agree with what he said, PVP didn't feel much different I hosed around with the Fabian a little bit and it's useable but you're at a disadvantage. Reminded me of the shaxx quest when TTK dropped and I had to use poo poo weapons to get kills and win. Something has smoothed though in the feel of movement and looking IMO, aiming felt a little snappier I found maybe I'm nuts. Sniping was pretty much the same for me because I don't tend to live in my scope too much its still pretty easy to switch weps, and get kills off. I expected to see nothing but shotguns after the nerf but if anything I saw more snipers, probably trying to get a feel for it. Saw a couple of people using Boolean Gemini they weren't successful.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Fabian is cool

Sniper flinch is pretty crazy

My eyes feel like they are burning

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

Happy to see my exotic engram pinata(that guy you can jump through the roof on the Dreadnaught to get to) is still accessible and paying out. The greens are a hilarious touch.

The ULTRA KNIGHT? That dude is cool.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Got one of the crucible ships finally

High and flighty

It's Seahawks time

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ultra Knight is for scrublords, farm the first of the huge minotaurs from the last vanilla story mission the black garden.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Ultra Knight is for scrublords, farm the first of the huge minotaurs from the last vanilla story mission the black garden.

Tried them all, Ultra Knight has paid out better than anything for me.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Haha holy poo poo I never thought of this. Just get to the end, kill the first one, jump off the edge, rinse and repeat?

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I always preferred the gate lord

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

wait how do you get to the ultra knight solo?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

ElNarez posted:

wait how do you get to the ultra knight solo?

Hole in the ceiling above the door at the upper left, just jump in there.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seriously kill the first of the three minotaurs at the end of the Black Garden, and then go to orbit. You'll always have a checkpoint right there at the start to re-kill the first minotaur.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

Haha holy poo poo I never thought of this. Just get to the end, kill the first one, jump off the edge, rinse and repeat?

Even better you resume the mission from orbit, kill the rear end in a top hat, and bail to go do something else. It's a great thing to do after your last game of the night.

The checkpoint is after the "don't have a choice" cutscene so you literally drop in and get fed a boss.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Emron posted:

I spent so long in vanilla praying for a good roll on the ol' shingen-e

Does anyone remember in the Alpha/Beta trying to find the best green weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Hole in the ceiling above the door at the upper left, just jump in there.
Also you get a hideous emblem for your trouble

• Locked thread