Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Frown Town posted:

I would pay good money for an egg storage upgrade.
And then I would walk around and buy more incubators.

I would pay good money for more unlimited use incubators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Skulduggery posted:

This

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Skulduggery posted:

Niantic would have to charge like $35 each to make it worth it for them and to encourage the continued purchase of 3-egg incubators. I don't think it'll happen

e: it'd be nice if they did a 10-egg incubator for 450 and a 20-egg one for 800 coins. gimmie some bulk discounts

indigi fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 9, 2016

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So now the game freezes when I attempt to enter a gym, is this a new "feature".

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
If you have an android phone is there any way to use itunes credit/ apple funbux / SteveCoins to purchase pokecoins? I just remembered I have had $14 sitting in there for like 6 years now and might as well use it on incubators.

Also, GPS. My phone's favorite activity is losing GPS lock. I tried an app that was supposed to help lock on to satellites but all it did was make things worse. Is there anything tried and true that helps keep this game locked on? I lost out on the only Kabuto I've ever seen because I kept drifting away from the spawn.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Geoff Zahn posted:

If you have an android phone is there any way to use itunes credit/ apple funbux / SteveCoins to purchase pokecoins? I just remembered I have had $14 sitting in there for like 6 years now and might as well use it on incubators.

If you are logged into the Google play account you have the coins on it shouldautomatically give you the option of applying your google play money first when you make a purchase.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
On the topic of GPS locks, it just did the gym error thing again as I was training a gym ...

I was standing literally on top of the little plaque that was the gym.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only train gyms for the xp. I bought a slick deal Apple card for $80 for 100 and I now just spend 1 when I want to walk a 10k egg to hatch another evee.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

foutre posted:

If you are logged into the Google play account you have the coins on it shouldautomatically give you the option of applying your google play money first when you make a purchase.

I was asking if there is a way to spend Apple bux on my account even though I have Android / Google Play.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Geoff Zahn posted:

I was asking if there is a way to spend Apple bux on my account even though I have Android / Google Play.

Get a friend with an iPhone to let you install it, log into your account, purchase your coins, and then log back in on your Android device.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Geoff Zahn posted:

Holy poo poo my reading comprehension. My bad, yeah, see above then.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Had a bunch of 5k eggs ready to hatch, I popped a lucky egg right before. Second egg, game freezes on "Oh?" After force quitting and restarting the eggs are all gone, no new Pokemons in my "recent" column. No idea if I got the XP I was expecting. :thumbsup:

Fortunately I was able to evolve some others before the timer ran out. It's a little frustrating though for all my evolutions to be between 300-800 CP at level 22.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I feel very bad but it was totally worth it: someone kept taking the gym outside of my building, and I had my phone open as j was reading in my office. Every time they took it down, I put another poo poo 1k poke back in before they could claim it.

I'm the worst, but it was so fun. I stopped after 5, they'll take it down in a sec.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Elephanthead posted:

I only train gyms for the xp. I bought a slick deal Apple card for $80 for 100 and I now just spend 1 when I want to walk a 10k egg to hatch another evee.

You're missing out on Stardust.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

mirthdefect posted:

Did anyone other than AXA sponsor them? That always seemed a weird combinaton...

In the US we had Jamba Juice and I guess zipcar but I've only seen the Juice portals. Other companies overseas.

AXA was a special sponsored item and I guess they had more companies I've never heard of linked to other items.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Can anyone recommend places to play Pogo around Boston/Cambridge? What spawns should I expect, and where can I find good Pokestop concentrations? Thanks!

So many drowzees. All of the drowzees. But the area around the aquarium seems to be a good spot and Boston Common is a vulpix nest.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

chemosh6969 posted:

In the US we had Jamba Juice and I guess zipcar but I've only seen the Juice portals. Other companies overseas.

AXA was a special sponsored item and I guess they had more companies I've never heard of linked to other items.

There's a Zipcar Ingress portal at my office. Predictably, it did not get converted into a Pokestop.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm having a bunch of issues with the sightings radar not updating or Pokemon not popping up in real time. Killing the app and reopening usually fixes it (iOS) but I'm missing out on decent stuff at work. Is there a known fix outside killing the app and reloading?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Louisgod posted:

I'm having a bunch of issues with the sightings radar not updating or Pokemon not popping up in real time. Killing the app and reopening usually fixes it (iOS) but I'm missing out on decent stuff at work. Is there a known fix outside killing the app and reloading?

Switch off wifi?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dr Tran posted:

Switch off wifi?

Didn't think of that, though I leave the game running in the background while at work while connected to wi-fi so I don't drain my data plan. Guess I'll just continue to kill/refresh.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Louisgod posted:

Didn't think of that, though I leave the game running in the background while at work while connected to wi-fi so I don't drain my data plan. Guess I'll just continue to kill/refresh.

The game uses less than 500 mb per month for me, and that was back when I was playing* ~11 hours per day on cell data only. You should be fine, I think.

* 8 hours just leaving it idle at work, 3 hours after work. So probably not downloading a lot of map tiles, but still.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

BrianBoitano posted:

The game uses less than 500 mb per month for me, and that was back when I was playing* ~11 hours per day on cell data only. You should be fine, I think.

* 8 hours just leaving it idle at work, 3 hours after work. So probably not downloading a lot of map tiles, but still.

It adds up quick with all the other things I use but it's good to know it's not that much of a data hog.

e: lmao a Snorlax, Squirtle and Tauros spawned roughly in the same spot at my work and a bunch of people were running around trying to find them.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dr Tran posted:

You're missing out on Stardust.

I have yet to see a reason to power up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Elephanthead posted:

link to deal plz

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

indigi posted:

what's the preferred desktop/web scanner these days

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

I've been using this one. With the latest version it works great.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

playing* ~11 hours per day

:stonk:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Weird. I had the new tracker appear for me in game. Everything I tapped on gave ERROR though and it was gone when I restarted the app. I'm in Missouri.

MAYBE IT'S CLOSE. Or something hosed up. Could be that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Alan Smithee posted:

link to deal plz

This was a couple weeks ago on slickdeals/ eBay.

Staples has them for 85, the last deal required some eBay bucks for the extra 5 thing which my wife had.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 10, 2016

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Gee I am sure glad I put that footnote in there :v:

Ah well if I coulda gotten away with legit playing 11 hours a day I would have

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I just fought a lot harder than I should to train up two gyms.

Why? loving hypno, and people leaving 1.8k pokes on the bottom rung of a level 5 gym. No, I'm not super high level but I can still hold my own and chip away at it. Do people just mindlessly push the button on whatever their highest cp 'mon is when leaving them at gyms?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Rogue Elephant posted:

So many drowzees. All of the drowzees. But the area around the aquarium seems to be a good spot and Boston Common is a vulpix nest.

Oh noooo, I think all the Drowzees not in Boston are where I am, and I've stocked up on Vulpix already. I guess I probably won't go out of my way for little Pokemen then, unless there's a nest of solid in meta pokemon (eg Growlithes or something).

I will say though that I wish Pogo was out when I was in college, all the Boston campuses look insane on Pokestumble.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Oh noooo, I think all the Drowzees not in Boston are where I am, and I've stocked up on Vulpix already. I guess I probably won't go out of my way for little Pokemen then, unless there's a nest of solid in meta pokemon (eg Growlithes or something).

I will say though that I wish Pogo was out when I was in college, all the Boston campuses look insane on Pokestumble.

https://pokegoboston.com/

This may be of service to you. Just by keeping it open for a while, I've found a Charmander, Kabuto, and Diglett nest. It's not great on the Go, but has given me a few areas of interest to check out.

Also apparently Castle Island is a great spot to walk around, and with a great view.

The Phantom Ghost
Feb 28, 2007

hold on what kind of fighting robot is he again

Can anyone recommend places to play Pogo around Boston/Cambridge? What spawns should I expect, and where can I find good Pokestop concentrations? Thanks!

Danehy park is currently a kabuto nest and has enough stops for a pretty good loop

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Weird. I had the new tracker appear for me in game. Everything I tapped on gave ERROR though and it was gone when I restarted the app. I'm in Missouri.

MAYBE IT'S CLOSE. Or something hosed up. Could be that.

Where in MO? Do you have the San Francisco version of the tracker? aka The San Francisco Treat

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I just fought a lot harder than I should to train up two gyms.

Why? loving hypno, and people leaving 1.8k pokes on the bottom rung of a level 5 gym. No, I'm not super high level but I can still hold my own and chip away at it. Do people just mindlessly push the button on whatever their highest cp 'mon is when leaving them at gyms?

No one wants to be at the bottom because that means their poke is kicked out first when the gym is attacked. A lot of high level gyms get attacked without being completely defeated, so it does come in handy to be near the top.

Also I was just thinking of that poster who called vaporeons "lovely blue quarters" my highest CP ones have water pulse, which is useless for attacking, but their great for sticking in gyms. I used to put my snorlax in gyms but I stopped doing that because he was too valuable as an attacker.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I love how everyone has their own busted internal logic for exactly what kind of pokemon should be left in the gym and is really upset when other people don't magically think the same way.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

I love how everyone has their own busted internal logic for exactly what kind of pokemon should be left in the gym and is really upset when other people don't magically think the same way.

You put WIGGLYTUFFS in gyms, don't you, scrub

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I've seen a shitload of Nidokings in gyms the last few weeks and I don't know why.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
I put a seaking in a gym in a town with two gyms, drove 10-15 minutes down the highway and then started taking the other 3 gyms, but it got kicked out while the second gym was untouched. This is like the third time this has happened to me, and I thought 12:30-1am would be dead enough but jesus christ. my 10 cents.

edit: 2:14 am and I'm still holding 4/5 gyms. whyyyy.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 10, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I went from fancy free catching to hitting level 20 and now suddenly Pidgeys are loving running and life is mediocre.

Good times. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
it is straight up raining rares in my suburb town these past few days. Snorlax yesterday (missed a dragonite by mere seconds), Lapras and two more snorlax today. Too bad the lapras is loving 960 CP and my snorlax's are 1450, 136, and 41. :argh:

For reference I had never seen a snorlax, had only seen one lapras on my nearby, and had never seen a dragonite up until yesterday. And I've been playing quite a bit since 07/20.

Oh yeah and apparently a gengar spawned while I was grocery shopping. Loving these spawn rate changes

Edit: also, anecdotally, all 3 snorlax spawned directly in front of a pharmacy

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 10, 2016

• Locked thread