Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

cheetah7071 posted:

Lucario is pretty cool, though not as cool as deviantart thinks he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Suicune is in Pokken so it's automatically not garbage tier, though it is still a legendary

There are good and bad pokemon in Pokken.

See: Gardevoir, Braxian, Machamp, Shadow Metwo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was Suicune's role in Crystal and is it added in HGSS

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zore posted:

There are good and bad pokemon in Pokken.

See: Gardevoir, Braxian, Machamp, Shadow Metwo

All great Pokémon except mewtwo who is merely less dumpstery than most legendaries

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

cheetah7071 posted:

After exhaustive research, I can say that neither legendaries nor mythicals are real pokemon and if you use one and aren't a literal child you need to re-evaluate your life.

I battled against a whole squad of people led by one of the most prominent minds in Kalos so that I could catch this doombird. You can't expect me not to use my doombird to flatten youngsters rambling about shorts into the dirt. All these other trainers need to be put in their place :colbert:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Calaveron posted:

a magician chases her around and yes

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zore posted:

I feel like this is mostly correct though I think you made two typos

I considered adding Raikou but I felt Zapdos was good enough in that spot

Also I prefer Jirachi because of Serene Grace fuckery, though I've never used Mew for anything so that's up for debate

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

They add a dude named Eusine who's obsessed with Suicune who you encounter intermittently in small cutscenes around the world instead of randomly encounter like Raikou/Entei. Then you catch Suicune instead of Ho-oh/Lugia at the tin tower in a scripted battle.

Most of this is reprised in HG/SS, but you still catch Ho-oh/Lugia and Suicune is just sorta chilling in the postgame.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 9, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Calaveron posted:

You follow it around the region a bit and then after you clear out the Radio Tower, you can just catch it in the Tin Tower, no problems. That's it. You do need to catch all three dogs to climb the Tin Tower and catch Ho-oh, which is terrible due to how badly implemented roaming Pokemon are in literally every iteration bar DPP and BW.

They extend that to Kanto in the remakes, letting you catch it on Route 25 instead and move the random legendary subplot to after the 8th badge.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lord of Hats posted:

I battled against a whole squad of people led by one of the most prominent minds in Kalos so that I could catch this doombird. You can't expect me not to use my doombird to flatten youngsters rambling about shorts into the dirt. All these other trainers need to be put in their place :colbert:

and pretty soon you'll get to do it again with doombat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope they tell us at least one or two pairs of exclusives other than the cover legendaries before release so I'm not picking my version entirely in the dark

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

You can get the opposite in like 2 minutes on the GTS, exclusives mean so little now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

less laughter posted:

lunala is so pretty :syoon:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Lunala looks so much better in motion than as a static image its unreal.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I'm so glad I decided months ago that I was getting Moon instead of Sun

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

HoneyBoy posted:

I considered adding Raikou but I felt Zapdos was good enough in that spot

Also I prefer Jirachi because of Serene Grace fuckery, though I've never used Mew for anything so that's up for debate

Fun thing about using Mew during the story is making a rule to give him each TM as you get it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Die Laughing posted:

Fun thing about using Mew during the story is making a rule to give him each TM HM as you get it.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I'm not really fond of legendaries, because they're overpowered, and often overdesigned. The only ones I've ever used in my actual party are Suicune and Ho-Oh. Well, I had a level 100 Mewtwo in Silver with the elemental punches and Psychic that I used to repeatedly beat the Elite Four for money. Not sure what I was using the money for, though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Most legendaries aren't overpowered, especially if you count the trios

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, if anything many of them are terrible.

I'm looking at you Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Regigigas, Articuno, Entei, Moltres, Mespirit, Uxie, Cobalion, Manaphy, Virizion, Celebi, Meloetta

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The pixies are boring but they're a loving nothing. The genies are aggravating in a special way somehow.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The genies are annoying because Landorus-T and Thundurus see a ton of play in doubles. If the pixies were prominent in online at all I'd hate them a ton too, but nobody ever uses them.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It was cool that Zapdos was an OU survivor for four straight gens. It's down to just Gengar and Starmie now though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like the genies

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like the genies

It's true what they say, no matter how objectively terrible a pokemon is, it's always someone's favorite

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cheetah7071 posted:

It was cool that Zapdos was an OU survivor for four straight gens. It's down to just Gengar and Starmie now though

Zapdos is still prominent in official VGC formats (mostly thanks entirely to Heat Wave), for better or worse :shrug:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

cheetah7071 posted:

Imposter ditto

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space T Rex posted:

Imposter ditto

ditto was decidedly not OU for most of its life. similarly chansey

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also I don't think its OU now????

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

Between Liger Zero and the Celestial Bat, I think this gen has my favorite box Legendaries.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the genies are bad because their designs are really ugly in both forms, they just look like trash. they are awful

then theyre overused in competitive stuff on top of looking like total rear end all the time so it just makes it worse

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they're cool

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

no

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't know if being ugly or boring is worse, but the genies manage to be both between their two forms

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

This is hella fukkin rad and my team is gonna be at least 4 of them.

E: Faticate :3:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I keep posting in this thread but apparently everything I say is wrong so to make up for it here are some 100% true things:

Alola Exeggutor is 35 feet tall.
Alola Exeggutor is part dragon type.
Alola Exeggutor loving rules.
My team will be 6 Alola Exeggutors ASAP.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thundurus has a non-offense design and he's got a strong thunderbolt + prankster so he's cool

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Between Liger Zero and the Celestial Bat, I think this gen has my favorite box Legendaries.

I like XY's better and I don't like how moonbat doesn't have legs.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like the genies

I don't mind the incarnate forms, I don't care if they're all the same. The therians are ugly though, it looks like the heads don't belong on the bodies.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

gannyGrabber posted:

This is hella fukkin rad and my team is gonna be at least 4 of them.

E: Faticate :3:

It would be better with a curly mustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Countblanc posted:

also I don't think its OU now????

It was never OU due to how Imposter scales with the opponent. Because of that, it's placed in the lowest tier by default so it can be used freely in any tier. Though I'm not sure how it fares in battle in Gen VI.