Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Some Numbers posted:

That covers Chaos in the Old World, right?

Granted, I already have a copy, but I'm just curious.

Chaos in the Old World, the inferior version of the COIN games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
All we need to do is start a petition for GW to license their games to GMT...

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The GW license is poo poo and not worth paying for.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Impermanent posted:

All we need to do is start a petition for GW to license their games to GMT...

1.0 Vehicles

1.1 Vehicular Movement

1.1.1a Vehicular Movement Exceptions

Red Ones Go Faster

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Written by Mark Herman.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

GrandpaPants posted:

I wonder if FFG would care enough to just retheme these games so that they can continue to sell them. WHF > Runebound-verse, WH40K > Twilight Imperiumverse. It's not like it would be a difficult conversion, but I don't know if there's enough of a business driver.

RIP Conquest, though.
If this were to somehow lead to FFG bringing back OG Diskwars, only with actual game balance this time, I'd need a bag to breathe into for the entire time between announcement and release.

Of course, it's not gonna happen since they're already going to release a miniatures game in the setting.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 9, 2016

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Panzeh posted:

The GW license is poo poo and not worth paying for.

It is, but keep in mind that FFG's alternative is Terrinoth which has all the charm of a decomposing potato. There's a reason people buy Warhammer role playing games and even FFG won't pretend anyone wants to explore the magical realm of tedium incarnate.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Toshimo posted:

In the far-off year of Two Thousand and Seventeen, mankind continues their search for the ultimate form of entertainment. Their quest brings them into possession of relics of a bygone age known simply as Talisman. It is spoken of only in whispers, as the very practice of producing the game has been forbidden by the dreaded Games Workshop. The markings on the pieces seem to indicate a primitive attempt to recreate the game on the remnants of discarded refuse. Who or what could have possessed a man to carve the game from literal garbage, we may never know. But still, his legacy lives on. If you listen closely to the wind on a moonless night, you can hear the cries... Rutibex....

:perfect:

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Wow people are buying up stock of stuff pretty fast in light of this news. All the Death Angel print on demand stuff went out of stock real fast everywhere and prices are spiking on Amazon.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I like GW licenses. There's not enough big goofy sci-fi properties and a lot of stuff GW doesn't touch directly ends up being good. I don't know what they're going to do now but if they go back to making games themselves I'm out. After that tragic naval game from a few years back and blowing up the fantasy universe I don't know how they haven't bankrupted themselves.

dropkickpikachu posted:

Wow people are buying up stock of stuff pretty fast in light of this news. All the Death Angel print on demand stuff went out of stock real fast everywhere and prices are spiking on Amazon.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of how print-on-demand is selling out.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've got a question for the cats who've played Pandemic Legacy. So I didn't realize it was 4 players max and I have a group of 5, is it feasible to add another player in? Or would the best thing to do is just have two people play as one player in the game?

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

al-azad posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of how print-on-demand is selling out.

Uhhhhhh they ran out of ink or something uhhh

Johnny Truant posted:

I've got a question for the cats who've played Pandemic Legacy. So I didn't realize it was 4 players max and I have a group of 5, is it feasible to add another player in? Or would the best thing to do is just have two people play as one player in the game?

You could house-rule a fifth player in but balance is going to be absolutely hosed. Probably better to just have one person act as a strategist or something for the whole team.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

al-azad posted:

FFG no longer demands that more get printed.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

The way the game is structured you'll make it difficult if not impossible later in the campaign. Each additional player runs down the limited deck, which can get smaller than normal through gameplay. I've read about people sharing the same character and it working out well considering the game is cooperative.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:rip: talisman :(

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

As long as Rutibex lives, Talisman can never die

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

al-azad posted:

I think the demand part is when a distributor orders a batch to stock, not when a consumer orders them. They print them in country a few at a time to meet the specific order, rather than needing to do huge print runs in China with months of wait time. So hopefully if they continue to manufacture product until February when they lose the license, distributors will be placing bigger orders and their printers will be working over time.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Thanks to FFG I had to jump the gun and pick up the BBTM expansions and all of Diskwars

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dropkickpikachu posted:

Uhhhhhh they ran out of ink or something uhhh

You could house-rule a fifth player in but balance is going to be absolutely hosed. Probably better to just have one person act as a strategist or something for the whole team.

al-azad posted:

The way the game is structured you'll make it difficult if not impossible later in the campaign. Each additional player runs down the limited deck, which can get smaller than normal through gameplay. I've read about people sharing the same character and it working out well considering the game is cooperative.

Yeah, I kinda figured throwing a fifth player in would throw a wrench in the gears, drat. I'll just have to figure something out, thanks!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

I think the demand part is when a distributor orders a batch to stock, not when a consumer orders them. They print them in country a few at a time to meet the specific order, rather than needing to do huge print runs in China with months of wait time. So hopefully if they continue to manufacture product until February when they lose the license, distributors will be placing bigger orders and their printers will be working over time.

Well, printing when a customer orders a copy is the definition of print-on-demand I've come to know. Maybe that's how they work it to keep costs lower than normal, I just thought it was funny like a Steam game selling out because they didn't generate enough digital keys.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah, I kinda figured throwing a fifth player in would throw a wrench in the gears, drat. I'll just have to figure something out, thanks!

Whenever I play Pandemic we effectively group control all the pawns, so cramming a fifth is probably not the worst thing.

Edit: Let player five run the infection phase so they have something to do with their hands. Disease banker.

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 9, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

al-azad posted:

This may be because GW has likely forbid FFG from printing anything, even if print-on demand.

For an example of this, one of the leading indicators of this fallout saw all of FFG's RPGs based on GW licenses being pulled from Drive-Thru-RPG.

Those aren't even physical products that are getting printed, and they're basically more or less 'sold out' now. This is not a happy split.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

It is, but keep in mind that FFG's alternative is Terrinoth which has all the charm of a decomposing potato. There's a reason people buy Warhammer role playing games and even FFG won't pretend anyone wants to explore the magical realm of tedium incarnate.
Not that I'd disagree about Terrinoth's blandness, but I'll take uninspired and generic over Warhammer's overbearing idiocy all day.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Whenever I play Pandemic we effectively group control all the pawns, so cramming a fifth is probably not the worst thing.

Edit: Let player five run the infection phase so they have something to do with their hands. Disease banker.
Yeah, Pandemic in all its forms works at any player count. Just forget that each player is technically supposed to control one character and make everything a group decision.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Does Diskwars need multiple cores or expansions?

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Malloreon posted:

Thanks to FFG I had to jump the gun and pick up the BBTM expansions and all of Diskwars

Where did you find the Foul Play expansion in stock? I'm biting the bullet on a lot of this stuff now and I found the base game and Sudden Death only.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Star Wars: Diskwars
Forgotten Star Wars
Chaos on Tattooine
Fury of Vader

They're gonna make a bajillion

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Fury of Vader

Clearly the Dracula player takes the role of C3PO and R2D2 wandering around Tatooine while the other guys are stormtroopers looking for them :)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Naah, it's Luke Skywalker hiding from the First Order, but he was in Ireland the entire time!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

StashAugustine posted:

Does Diskwars need multiple cores or expansions?

You can get by with one of each, but two Core Sets are definitely recommended. Expansions come with full playsets and there is no need to buy more than one copy.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

Clearly the Dracula player takes the role of C3PO and R2D2 wandering around Tatooine while the other guys are stormtroopers looking for them :)

If C3P0 bites a stormtrooper while he's mesmerised he gets to look at that stormtrooper's cards for the rest of the game.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Fury of Dracula is sold out almost everywhere now

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Well, i put in a panic order for Fury of the Dracula.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I bet Games Workshop is all HOLY poo poo LOOKIT THESE SALES NUMBERS CLAWING BACK THIS IP WAS THE RIGHT MOVE FOR SURE

ALL THESE ARE OBV. UNDERPRICED, LOOKIT THIS INSATIABLE DEMAND WE'RE GONNA BE RIIIICH

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

canyoneer posted:

Fury of Dracula is sold out almost everywhere now

I should have placed my order at lunch instead of letting it sit in my cart until I got home I guess.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
So I have 6 people showing up to board game night this week, when our usual number is 5. I can always go to Keyflower, but we've recently done 3 plays in a row of that game.

My other options are Dominant Species, Eclipse, Imperial, and Steampunk rally. I think we're looking for something heavier than steampunk. I know how long Eclipse takes with 6, given I've been in that scenario before. How much of a clusterfuck would be doing a 6 player teaching game of Dominant Species or Imperial?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Megasabin posted:

So I have 6 people showing up to board game night this week, when our usual number is 5. I can always go to Keyflower, but we've recently done 3 plays in a row of that game.

My other options are Dominant Species, Eclipse, Imperial, and Steampunk rally. I think we're looking for something heavier than steampunk. I know how long Eclipse takes with 6, given I've been in that scenario before. How much of a clusterfuck would be doing a 6 player teaching game of Dominant Species or Imperial?

Dominant Species is pretty easy to teach, considering that your actual play option is "take this action" or "take that action." Usually the learning conversation is like "oh what does speciate do again? Oh ya, right. Ok what is the wasteland? Ohhh ok. I'm going to do this, then." Maybe if you have to teach it to all five, it might be a mess, but if 50% of the table has played once before it shouldn't be too bad.

Just lay out the point-scoring objectives first, tell them about the glaciers, and get off to the races.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I know you said your group plays keyflower, but dominant species allows for plays that really destroy opponents board position even more than keyflower. So make sure your players all have thick skin.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
We are all the type of people who will use their first action in winter phase of Keyflower to purposefully lay 3 meeples on our closest score rival's most important town space just so they can't complete their strategy.

In general is 6 a good number for Dominant Species?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I haven't actually played with 6 but I'd imagine it's quite good. The map will probably be very interesting, very complex but very interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

dropkickpikachu posted:

Where did you find the Foul Play expansion in stock? I'm biting the bullet on a lot of this stuff now and I found the base game and Sudden Death only.

Cardhaus!