Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

here's the worst part about the genies: tornadus has two horns and is before thundurus, who has one. landorus has three which makes sense but is not directly after thundurus which is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

xerneas has probably my favorite design out of every legendary and im glad that its apparently pretty good competitively

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like the animal forms of the genies

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I like the genies in all their formes, mainly because Pokemon either fall into the cute or cool category, so I don't dislike a single one. I mean, you think after 800+ designs I'd find one that I don't like, but nope.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

TWIST FIST posted:

xerneas has probably my favorite design out of every legendary and im glad that its apparently pretty good competitively

I actually like both xernas and yvetal a bunch and people stare at me like I have a second head when I say that. They're my favorite box legendaries

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

It was cool that Zapdos was an OU survivor for four straight gens. It's down to just Gengar and Starmie now though

just gengar

starmie was uu for greninja's tenure

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

also I don't think its OU now????

it is very pu

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

TWIST FIST posted:

She's very pretty, yes. :3:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Filthy Haiku posted:

I actually like both xernas and yvetal a bunch and people stare at me like I have a second head when I say that. They're my favorite box legendaries

Yveltal is my fav

Such a good design. Too bad it doesnt really have a niche :(

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

it is very pu

ditto by its nature would always be in the lowest tier right? since it relies entirely on whatever your opponent brings, so theres no sense in banning it from anything

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Azelf is one of only two pokemon (the other being Mr. Mime) capable of learning all four of Future Sight, Nasty Plot, Taunt, and Thunderbolt, qualifying it to be Pokemon Emperor Palpatine. Any one of the lake spirits would be good if the other two didn't exist, but I think Azelf would be best.

I used to think that using legendaries and mythicals was for cowards, but these days I have decided that they're fine. I still want to see what I can do with a doubles team with a Mew that knows Transform to become a copy of an allied mega evolution that has tremendous HP and a usable item slot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Lunala, Groudon, Xerneas and Ho-oh are great legendary designs, much unlike the palette swap-job genies or the my little ponies verizon and keldeo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

ditto by its nature would always be in the lowest tier right? since it relies entirely on whatever your opponent brings, so theres no sense in banning it from anything

tiers are determined entirely by player usage and ditto is a very niche pick in every tier even though it's perfectly usable

it's just specifically used to hard counter setup sweepers with a choice scarf and really has no other uses

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

virizion doesn't look like a horse and is also cool

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ruggington posted:

tiers are determined entirely by player usage and ditto is a very niche pick in every tier even though it's perfectly usable

it's just specifically used to hard counter setup sweepers with a choice scarf and really has no other uses

iirc, Ditto was an exception to the tier system in Gen V. Like once Imposter Ditto became legal, it got a bit of mileage. I don't know how it fares now.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

thats sort of what i'm getting at. its not going to be overbearing or bad in any tier because of its gimmick. also couldn't you also use it to scout movesets and ev spreads? or does ditto not transform back after swapping out? i've never used ditto actually

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

sharrrk posted:

thats sort of what i'm getting at. its not going to be overbearing or bad in any tier because of its gimmick. also couldn't you also use it to scout movesets and ev spreads? or does ditto not transform back after swapping out? i've never used ditto actually

Ditto actually does have some limits to what it can do. It's permanently stuck with 48 base HP, so that makes it much more fragile than what it can copy. And it pretty much has to run Choice Scarf, otherwise using it becomes a coinflip due to speed ties.

Imposter is basically just an auto-Transform. It functions the same way as the move aside from that aspect. So does turn back to normal after switching out.

You can technically scout movesets with it, but if that's all you're using it for, it's kind of a waste. EV spreads aren't visible in battle, so looking for EV spreads isn't possible.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ditto actually does have some limits to what it can do. It's permanently stuck with 48 base HP, so that makes it much more fragile than what it can copy. And it pretty much has to run Choice Scarf, otherwise using it becomes a coinflip due to speed ties.

Imposter is basically just an auto-Transform. It functions the same way as the move aside from that aspect. So does turn back to normal after switching out.

You can technically scout movesets with it, but if that's all you're using it for, it's kind of a waste. EV spreads aren't visible in battle, so looking for EV spreads isn't possible.

you can look at your stats in the menu though which would tell you, unless it doesnt show you your new stats from the transformed pokemon?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

You can do that but its just not super useful. mainly Ditto is a revenge killer and little more in pvp

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

and yeah obviously you wouldn;t be using it solely for scouting but that's another use you can have if you need it, its not like its going to stop you from doing any of its other jobs once you swap back out

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Xerneas is beautiful and good and my friend.

Did anyone else feel sort of obliged to pick the Kanto starter they used the first time they played pokemon? There was no way I was taking anyone but Bulbasaur. He's my good buddy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Filthy Haiku posted:

They're my favorite too! Yvetal is so cute in pokemon amie :3:the god of destruction loves to have his fluffy chin scratched.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Did anyone else feel sort of obliged to pick the Kanto starter they used the first time they played pokemon? There was no way I was taking anyone but Bulbasaur. He's my good buddy.

pikachu wasn't an option tho?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

HopperUK posted:

I picked Squirtle instead of Charmander because I always use the fire starter in a new gen.

Also Mega-Blastoise has a giant cannon on its back and thats still rad.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was with that song that played at the credits of xy? I guess the words are supposed to be the lyrics but why a sing along?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Calaveron posted:

What was with that song that played at the credits of xy? I guess the words are supposed to be the lyrics but why a sing along?

Kiseki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4w1JuQGSu0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avfH3Lie_iU

Some people did sing-alongs of it, and I enjoy them without shame

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Eugh

Superior credits coming through make way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhsGHCYS400

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
G/S/C are my favorite credits from a purely nostalgic point

the best theme though, as usual, is from black and white

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RSE credits are the best and it's not even remotely a contest.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

mabels big day posted:

RSE credits are the best and it's not even remotely a contest.

I think D/P/Pt did it better, biking back home with the sky backdrop on the top screen looked really nice

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Our favorite credits is every credits

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

which game(s?) showed your team progression through the course of the game during the credits? that one's the best one because it let me see all my pokemon friends, even the ones i stopped using, and who they beat up

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I think I like the ORAS credits the best so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fveMe4HgPik

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

which game(s?) showed your team progression through the course of the game during the credits? that one's the best one because it let me see all my pokemon friends, even the ones i stopped using, and who they beat up

ORAS and maybe XY did

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anyone planning on getting both versions? The time difference between versions, and the wealth of awesome Pokemon, might have me do it for the first time. Maybe I'll switch on alternating days, and keep both paced fairly evenly.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I have every single mainline Pokemon game and I will not stop now

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I can't decide between Liger Zero and Gothic Bat. I need help, tell me which one's better.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Die Laughing posted:

Anyone planning on getting both versions?

No, just Moon.

I double dipped with XY because I couldn't choose between Xerneas and Yveltal, they're both equally awesome. But this time it's not as hard.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

PSWII60 posted:

I can't decide between Liger Zero and Gothic Bat. I need help, tell me which one's better.

Solgaleo has legs. Lunala does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Solgaleo has legs. Lunala does not.

Case closed, Lunala it is.