Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fututor Magnus posted:

Ah, Rev. Always able to find the good in everyone*.

*in the ingroup

lmao, literally defending Shkreli because he had an investment in a group who did good work. Truly a boon to humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

divabot posted:

The anti-semite has chosen hate because hate is a faith; at the outset he has chosen to devaluate words and reasons. How entirely at ease he feels as a result. How futile and frivolous discussions about the rights of the Jew appear to him. He has placed himself on other ground from the beginning. If out of courtesy he consents for a moment to defend his point of view, he lends himself but does not give himself. He tries simply to project his intuitive certainty onto the plane of discourse. I mentioned awhile back some remarks by anti-Semites, all of them absurd: ‘I hate Jews because they make servants insubordinate, because a Jewish furrier robbed me, etc.’

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past

(Jean-Paul Sartre, asking people to please stop feeding the trolls)

This reminds me, I've been reading Sandifer's "Guided by the Beauty of Their Weapons", and the part where he interviews Vox Day is interesting, because while it ostensibly was just about literature, it actually illuminates Day's political beliefs far more clearly than an outwardly political interview would have done.

You kind of have to come at them obliquely, so you get the ideas they use as a bridge rather than the ideas they hold as a shield.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Terrible Opinions posted:

Well I mean you're the guy who seems to think the North Korean government is the only thing keeping the monsters in the PLA and US Army from massacring North Korean civilians. So you know glass houses.

He's not. That's the thing really stupid people in the anti-imperialism thread accuse him of, but he's never actually said.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jim posted:

Politics is about who whom. Politics is tribalism and sectarianism. The question is simple. Who’s side are these guys on? What tribe to they favor grabbing all the loot, and what tribe to they plan to destroy? Ferguson burning is real politics, not ethanol subsidies. Milwaukee burning is real politics. The violence that followed Trump’s cancelled Chicago rally is real politics. Politics is the destruction of your enemies, the burning of their homes, the seizure of their women.

Politics is to defeat your enemies, to drive them before you, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears. If you are not ethnically cleansing Ferguson, and Milwaukee or resisting the ethnic cleansing of Ferguson and Milwaukee, it is not politics. If you are not dumping weeping anchor babies over the border, it is not politics.

And if the other side is engaged in politics, and you are not engaged in politics, you lose.

Rotherham was the women of one voter group being forcibly emancipated, and then forcibly unemancipated to the benefit of another voter group. Similar operations are taking place conspicuously and spectacularly in Sweden and Germany. That is politics.

Politics is not abortion. Politics is who gets control of women’s sexual and reproductive services. Emancipation is not natural for women, and if one group’s women are emancipated, they will be taken by another group, and will be mighty glad of it.

Politics is ethnic cleansing and seizing the women of your enemies, politics is about land and women, and it has been about land and women ever since the wealthy and successful were driven out of the American inner city and lost their inner city properties.

If you are not destroying your enemies and securing land and women for your supporters, you are not engaged in politics. The left is engaged in politics, mainstream conservatives are not.

For a conservative party to exist, it must unite to protect those that commit sacrilege against PC, in the same way it now unites to destroy them. This requires them to reward their friends and punish their enemies, in the same way that they now reward their enemies and punish their friends.

For democracy to exist without massacre, pogroms, arson, and ethnic cleansing, requires very high levels of social cohesion and trust that we no longer possess, and that our government has been systematically destroying. Diversity plus proximity means war. If white males start nakedly pursuing their own interests the way that every other interest group does, it is going to be war. If they don’t, genocide.

War is easy, peace is hard. Governments everywhere have forgotten how easy war is, how difficult peace is, and gleefully throw jet fuel on the fire. The natural state of mankind is war. Peace requires a high level of trust, cooperation, and well functioning social technology, all of which are being enthusiastically dismantled. Peace is an elaborate machine with many moving parts, all of which have to work together correctly.

The anglosphere has been internally peaceful since the Mormon War and the War of Northern Aggression, so we think internal peace is natural. This, however, is survivorship bias. The anglosphere rules the world because of long internal peace. But peace is not natural. Peace is hard. Ever since the wealthy and successful were driven out of the inner cities, we have been on a trajectory to where politics gets serious.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

What the hell is the Mormon War?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

BexGu posted:

When the US government removed Brigham Young as the governor of Utah.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

To restore societal trust we must engage in violent bigotry-driven atrocities, thereby rending the social fabric to pieces, says idiot white supremacist.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I would go enlist in the army, drag that guy with me, just to see him suffer as his chicken hawk beliefs get shot down by the pecking order and physical training. No this is not a toxx. I remember the last time a mod did that, look how they turned out.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Small Frozen Thing posted:

He's not. That's the thing really stupid people in the anti-imperialism thread accuse him of, but he's never actually said.

Brainiac Five posted:

Best Friends posted:

The compelling reason to feed them post regime is not having millions of starving people crossing the Yalu river and DMZ.
I'm pretty sure that if that were to happen, the US and PRC would simply massacre North Korean refugees with barely a peep of public indignation, but even if all of Foggy Bottom had heart attacks there's still no reason to prop up the remnants of the DPRK rather than feeding refugees who cross the DMZ.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm pretty sure that if that were to happen, the US and PRC would simply massacre North Korean refugees with barely a peep of public indignation, but even if all of Foggy Bottom had heart attacks there's still no reason to prop up the remnants of the DPRK rather than feeding refugees who cross the DMZ.

You idiot, he's saying there's no reason TO support the regime. That's not what you said at all.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

That was an argument about why North Korea doesn't disarm and my position was that they don't because while they are armed they can blackmail food out of the US and China and if they're disarmed they can't. If this counts as supporting the regime- but obviously you don't read actual posts.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Deified Data posted:

Fitting that exercise & fitness receives only minor support.

Moderate support.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Tesseraction posted:

lmao, literally defending Shkreli because he had an investment in a group who did good work. Truly a boon to humanity.

At least credit Shkreli with stuff he's actually good at, e.g. his YouTube series on how to become poo poo-hot at Excel is genuinely good with an excellent reputation.

Zemyla posted:

This reminds me, I've been reading Sandifer's "Guided by the Beauty of Their Weapons", and the part where he interviews Vox Day is interesting, because while it ostensibly was just about literature, it actually illuminates Day's political beliefs far more clearly than an outwardly political interview would have done.

A Vox Day advocate just added Guided as a reference on his Wikipedia article, 'cos he couldn't find anything else to back the claim that it was Vox wot won it for Three Body Problem . Comedy pyrites.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
My review of Lurkey's Chud is up at Eruditorium and you fine people are credited at the end. Obviously further conclusive evidence that Cultural Marxism was invented on the LF forum at SA.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/774023424498892800

That's quite the domain there, Julian.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BexGu posted:

Go look it up some time it's actually a really interesting and weird bit of American history

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Doc Hawkins posted:

Moderate support.

It receives both minor and moderate support. Someone was very confused.

"Martial Arts Training" is also supported. I hope this is all viral marketing for my new favorite episode of Always Sunny, "Mac Goes Alt-Right"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Youtube Comment posted:

i got me a wife, she's as big as a whale,
and i'm heading on down to the cuck shack,
she got her a black boy, his name is Jamal,
so hurry up and bring your betabux money

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the cvck shaack is a little ol' place where, we can deliberately not get to-ge-therrr

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There is no more alpha redpill band than the B-52s

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There is no more alpha redpill band than the B-52s

Well no kidding, one of them is a Trump spokeswoman now. :downs:

But I would love it if there was a way to make some alt-fighters legitimately believe this.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

oh poo poo! who knew that a staffer on her campaign was in charge of something!!!!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

some loving LIAR posted:

u wot m8? which one?

also:

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/774265285721268225

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

state.goy? Good job, wikileaks.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

some loving LIAR posted:

But I would love it if there was a way to make some alt-fighters legitimately believe this.

I googled B-52s Trump, and just got articles about how Donald Trump doesn't know poo poo about military hardware

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Karl Rove posted:

Look at where the @ symbol should be.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I didn't even notice that stuff because I was too busy trying to comprehend someone giving a single poo poo about Abedin looking after Clinton's earpiece. Seriously, what the Christ.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

I didn't even notice that stuff because I was too busy trying to comprehend someone giving a single poo poo about Abedin looking after Clinton's earpiece. Seriously, what the Christ.

A lot of people think that her using an earpiece during a speech is scandalous for... some reason...

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

divabot posted:

u wot m8? which one?

Sorry, this was a lame joke about Kate/Katrina Pierson confusion.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

A lot of people think that her using an earpiece during a speech is scandalous for... some reason...

"Teleprompters" circa 2008, only less grounded in reality.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

some loving LIAR posted:

Sorry, this was a lame joke about Kate/Katrina Pierson confusion.

nearly gave me a heart attack, ya bastard. this dumb election has taken so much from me, so many people I respected or at least thought were basically decent have revealed themselves to be loathsome shitstains. didn't want to add another name to the list.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Karl Rove posted:

Apparently that's just a computer loving up scanned text, which is common and understandable, if really funny in this case.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The whole Sartre essay that I quoted some of above. Holy poo poo, it's completely about our alt-right friends, in 1946.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

divabot posted:

The whole Sartre essay that I quoted some of above. Holy poo poo, it's completely about our alt-right friends, in 1946.

That's a pro click.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

ikanreed posted:

"Teleprompters" circa 2008, only less grounded in reality.

Well on that date she probably did wear an earpiece. Because she was giving a speech to the UN and everyone wears one for interpretation.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Jack of Hearts posted:

That's a pro click.

Authentically.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Has this dickhead come out of the embassy yet.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I want the cowardly hypocritical rapist put behind bars already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Annointed posted:

I want the cowardly hypocritical rapist put behind bars already.

He had a genuinely good website doing genuinely good things in the world and he turned it into a white teenager's revenge fantasy fiction geocites page (WHY DIDN'T YOU STICK UP FOR ME AGAINST THOSE BULLIES BECKY HILLARY ME AND ALL MY INTERNET FRIENDS WILL RUIN YOU)