Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This whole situation serves as a hilarious meta commentary on the inequalities in America that Kaep is protesting.

Black American Problems: Being killed by police
White American Problems: Silent non-violent protests by Black Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
WELL BLACK PEOPLE KILL MORE BLACK PEOPLE THAN ANY RACE!!!

Cool. Now if only there was an organization that was put in place to try to help stop murder... Hmm....

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A Kelly that becomes truer every day

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

hobbez posted:

So will Kaep just do this game after game season after season and then one day just get bored of it and so stand up and everyones like "woah America's good now we did it ::highfives bro::"

You're assuming he'll still be in the NFL next year?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
American Idol should be a TV show where we pick a new anthem every year.

2002 Selection: "Mad World" by Gary Jules

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

2002 Selection: "Mad World" by Gary Jules
excellent song

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i really hope browns players do it but jimmy haslam is the type of loving neanderthal who'd punish players for it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Dolphins had a player only meeting about what they're gonna do before the game at Seattle

No idea what to expect

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

The Dolphins had a player only meeting about what they're gonna do before the game at Seattle

No idea what to expect
i hope tanny takes a knee :allears:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
don't judge!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

TBeats posted:

WELL BLACK PEOPLE KILL MORE BLACK PEOPLE THAN ANY RACE!!!

Cool. Now if only there was an organization that was put in place to try to help stop murder... Hmm....

My go to response to this stupid loving argument is that literally every race has the same rate of crime within their own race.

Major surprise! Crimes are usually committed within the perpetrators community, who would have thought?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MrSargent posted:

My go to response to this stupid loving argument is that literally every race has the same rate of crime within their own race.

Major surprise! Crimes are usually committed within the perpetrators community, who would have thought?
they also routinely bring up Chicago as if a single oen of them gives a gently caress about Chicago

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

sam bradford lmao posted:

Kind of want Miami to tell him they're all taking a knee, but when the time comes they all remain standing except for him.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Quest For Glory II posted:

they also routinely bring up Chicago as if a single oen of them gives a gently caress about Chicago

Ahhh yes, the cherry-picking specific cities with a crime problem and ignoring that across the entire US, crime has steadily decreased for the last few decades. Love that argument as well.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

blue squares posted:

I wonder how many people will stand up in their living rooms during the national anthem

I was watching the Ravens/Niners Super Bowl in a small lounge room in my military dorm. Just about everyone stood for the anthem and one of them gave me a lovely look for not standing. The number may be higher than what you think.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wonder if we'll see a white guy kneel at any point this season.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
^^ I hope so

Hate to be that guy but the widespread violence in Chicago is segregated to the southern pockets of the city.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hope it's run on field with the rock

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fsif posted:

I wonder if we'll see a white guy kneel at any point this season.
Tebow's in baseball now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am interested to see who kneels on my team and will be disappointed if it's nobody. TY

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
only andy

#gingerlivesmatter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

All this is going to do is give working class whites and working class blacks yet another reason to hate each other. As a rich dude, this is great news because that's been our best method of social control for the last forever years.

In other news, everyone's favorite douche has set up a charity. Every TD Roethlisberger throws will buy another bulletproof vest for a police dog! https://www.arlnow.com/2016/09/08/ben-roethlisberger-donating-k-9-vests-to-acpd/ No matter where you stand on Kaep's crawl toward Golgotha, you should stand for invincible service animals :911:

Lol if you think working class whites need a reason.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

indigi posted:

he's just a small town kid from Richmond, Virginia. he was raised to do the right thing

Well, he released a public statement about how he respects the first ammendment but loving loves the flag and the National Anthem is deeply emotional to him and all that. rear end in a top hat lives in Bellevue, a Seattle suburb for people who think the welfare crisis started with busses. I like that he's a great quarterback on my team, but I recognize that he's a huge tool.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Russell Wilson is a football playing robot built by sponsors to best represent their #brand to 45 year old white suburban dads

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is a football playing robot built by sponsors to best represent their #brand to 45 year old white suburban dads

You just have to look at how Cam Newton is treated by the media and public to see why Wilson acts the way he does. I'd rather Wilson be my quarterback than Kaepernick, but that's only because he's much better at football, if they traded abilities without trading personalities I'd be super jealous of the niners.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Skwirl posted:

You just have to look at how Cam Newton is treated by the media and public to see why Wilson acts the way he does. I'd rather Wilson be my quarterback than Kaepernick, but that's only because he's much better at football, if they traded abilities without trading personalities I'd be super jealous of the niners.

Kaepernick has always been much cooler, and it worked so much better when he was good but now... :sigh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Kaepernick has always been much cooler, and it worked so much better when he was good but now... :sigh:

Cooler than Russell Wilson doesn't take much work. There's a reason my only football jersey is Marshawn Lynch's and now that he's retired I'm thinking about getting a Sherman one and not one for the our quarterback.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I could never bring myself to get a RW jersey. I'd probably get a Shaun Alexander custom one before I'd buy his.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I could never bring myself to get a RW jersey. I'd probably get a Shaun Alexander custom one before I'd buy his.

Frank Clark or Russell Wilson?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

seiferguy posted:

"Alexander? Lol why is this turd getting his name on a jersey" - a 12

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

^^ I hope so

Hate to be that guy but the widespread violence in Chicago is segregated to the southern pockets of the city.

Also the west side. Also it's been creeping into places like Logan Square and Uptown. It really is an epidemic (not that you should really be in fear on the north side, unless you're a married teenager from Arizona who's never been to a real city).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

(not that you should really be in fear on the north side, unless you're a married teenager from Arizona who's never been to a real city).
lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

c0ldfuse posted:

Can anyone actually give me a reason as to why the national anthem even needs to be played before the start of a game anyway?

I've never understood it outside of some sort of hosed up jingoism which is pretty much being proven by the responses to this...

It started in the early 20th century when baseball teams realized that playing the anthem during the 7th inning stretch increased ticket sales. It was purely economic.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Probably Magic posted:

Comparing a person not standing up during the National Anthem to a September 11th is very proportional, I'll tell you what.

Why ask people to do what the buildings couldnt?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Madcosby posted:

hot drat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Madcosby posted:

:eyepop:

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Madcosby posted:

check out this post

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Madcosby posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Madcosby posted:

This is a good post

• Locked thread