Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
On the "Can I pretty my princess yet" front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSyTKNHcuE

35 minutes for higher quality. https://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/v/87166870

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Orv posted:

On the "Can I pretty my princess yet" front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csSyTKNHcuE

35 minutes for higher quality. https://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/v/87166870

mmmmmmm I desire to become pretty.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So the current UAT patch has this game in a place where I feel confident saying that, if they don't gently caress it up in the next two weeks, it will be an enjoyable, but not overly long standing lobby shooter that you could probably do worse picking up on a GMG sale or what have you. Tomorrow that patch is going to live, and next week will be the last big launch system they're missing, which is loot. If loot isn't just a complete P2W clusterfuck or something like that, I'll write a nice meaty "Yo they actually made it, here's how" post before launch, and then make a thread in Games.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Did they put orks in yet?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Washout posted:

Did they put orks in yet?

Yep. Their shootas are underpowered or bugged so they feel like poo poo at close ranged, and they're missing power klaw and shields, but they're in.

Shootas are apparently fixed in the UAT patch that should hit non founders servers today, and I believe orks get some non shield goodies in the progression tree to stave off no powerklaw or no shield madness.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 6, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Do they have customisation outside of the Space Marine stuff they showed on stream?

Orv
May 4, 2011
They had a handful of Ork pieces which looked pretty good. Their head cosmetics guy said that what they showed was around half of the stuff for Chaos and all the rest of it would be in by launch or it's his rear end, so. :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011
So that patch is finally out. I'm going to stream a kind of not okay amount of it over here for a good portion of the day.

E: Alright not as much as I thought, their servers started dying real bad.

This happened though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUTzrT8Rt8

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 8, 2016

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016

Orv posted:

So that patch is finally out. I'm going to stream a kind of not okay amount of it over here for a good portion of the day.

E: Alright not as much as I thought, their servers started dying real bad.

This happened though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUTzrT8Rt8

Those ork running animations are kinda uninspiring. It seems like they couldn't think of a good way to animate them and the top half and the bottom half move independently of each other.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The animations do look like poo poo, but orks were added pretty recently and they're releasing in 2 weeks. I'm guessing they basically just shat them out for lack of time. So maybe one day they'll improve.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gammymajams posted:

Those ork running animations are kinda uninspiring. It seems like they couldn't think of a good way to animate them and the top half and the bottom half move independently of each other.

They used to be infinitely worse. You think these are bad, you'd weep tears of blood at what they used to be.

E: In fact that's probably exactly the issue. The ork run used to have them wave their arms above their head like they were on fire or some kind of retard berzeker charge, and they seem to have just moved the arms down the waist without resyncing the animation.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 8, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

What song is that? I've heard it somewhere and I can't remember where.

Also I dunno if this will get tremendous updates in the future but you never know. I'll be interested to see if they live up to their pie in the sky update plans.

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wUBUjkoXjU

It's just what I was playing at the time, since editing Twitch footage for a minute video is infinitely more trouble than it's worth.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so this is like a really really lovely planetside warhammer 40k?

I've been hoping for a game like that except this looks like crazy garbage..

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's not Planetside at all.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I played & refunded it, the jank was just way too high. Its a pretty simple objective shooter like Dirty Bomb, except dirty bomb doesn't cost 40 freaking dollars

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i've played 6 hours and bought it several months ago. can I still refund it?

this game is janky as gently caress. it's pretty amusing to WAAAAGH in chat with other idiots talking like orks tho

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This game is good if you're a melee class and play it like a character action game.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
If I bought the Warrior Pack over a year ago can I still get a refund?

The game would of been improved by giving people copies of Space Marine instead.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orabilis posted:

If I bought the Warrior Pack over a year ago can I still get a refund?

The game would of been improved by giving people copies of Space Marine instead.

The only chance you have of getting a refund is under the "it was supposed to be an MMO but they turned it into a lobby shooter".

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The only chance you have of getting a refund is under the "it was supposed to be an MMO but they turned it into a lobby shooter".

Depending on what "over a year ago" means the game was announced not to be an MMO in June 2015 and they offered four months of refunds after that, so probably not.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Orabilis posted:

Space Marine is a 8v8 game that can get away with melee combos and a more realistic sort of art style.

Eternal Crusade is a game where the minimum battle size is 20v20 and the larger battles are 32v32 (50v50 was in and is coming back in after they resolve the weird issues like "scoreboard in 50v50 causes the ram to spike up 1gb in a second and potentially crash the game"). Plus the art style is pretty different.

Also before anyone says "Space Marine had better graphics than this piece of poo poo", here's some quick comparisons.

Here's a Space Marine Nob :

Heres my nob :

Here's a steam store screenshot of the three multiplayer classes for Space Marine :

Here's a picture of default ultramarine with option gold boltgun.

Also they gave everyone interested fair warning about the changes in scope of the game from MMO 1000 PLAYER BATTLES FREE TO WAAAGH to "big battles no free to waaagh and continuously working on player count" both in the livestreams/site news and through the founders emails. They did everything fair and gave proper notification unlike poo poo like No Man's Sky.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game just makes me really sad that we never got a proper Space Marine sequel. I loved the poo poo out of that game, the single player was a blast. I though it sold fairly well so I don't know why it hasn't happened.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I think a sequel to Space Marine hasn't happened because THQ went belly-up and Relic was bought by Sega and is busy making a their last game ever before being either dissolved or folded into another studio. That said Relic planned for Space Marine to be a trilogy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Popete posted:

This game just makes me really sad that we never got a proper Space Marine sequel. I loved the poo poo out of that game, the single player was a blast. I though it sold fairly well so I don't know why it hasn't happened.

Space Marine sold relatively poorly, actually. It was one of many of the figures contributing to the downward spiral of THQ.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I feel like Space Marine would have done well and been able to have a sequel (if its publisher wasn't dying, of course) if it game out like 5 years before. But by 2011 we'd already entered the era where there's AAA games with DLC and active multiplayer scenes and india games, with no room for a solid 7.5/10 hack 'n slash medium-tier B game.

Also it came out in the same month as Gears of War 3, the game which brought meathead humans fighting meathead aliens with chainsaws into the mainstream.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe - hear me out - the warhammer 40k IP just isn't what it used to be after all these years of mismanagement by GW.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Maybe - hear me out - the warhammer 40k IP just isn't what it used to be after all these years of mismanagement by GW.

Deathwing is going to make Warhammer 40k great again.
http://store.steampowered.com

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Deathwing is going to make Warhammer 40k great again.
http://store.steampowered.com

It's made by Cyanide, let's not get excited now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

It's made by Cyanide, let's not get excited now.

It's being developed by the studio behind E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (one of my five favorite games released in the last 10 years) so I'm cautiously optimistic. They've said that if this does well, we'll get an EYE sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I am also looking forward to vermintide in space. But the lack of gameplay videos so far makes my battle brothers testicles a bit nervous.

That said Eternal Crusade has been putting a lot into updating and adding content over the past months. If they put in the same effort post launch and focus on balance and gameplay, maybe we'll finally have that space marine sequel but with dedicated servers.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sazabi posted:

I am also looking forward to vermintide in space. But the lack of gameplay videos so far makes my battle brothers testicles a bit nervous.

That said Eternal Crusade has been putting a lot into updating and adding content over the past months. If they put in the same effort post launch and focus on balance and gameplay, maybe we'll finally have that space marine sequel but with dedicated servers.

But will that really help Eternal Crusade at all? I can see that benefiting the console releases but when a PC game dies, it's loving dead. Free weekends and sales and humble bundles can revive them but unless they pull out some magical patch that they've been hiding from everybody for the past couple months, I can't even see even the 40K fans sticking around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Despite everything, it has become a perfectly serviceable third person lobby shooter with a bunch of Warhammer poo poo no other shooter has had. The question is whether they can get enough stuff out to make it retain more than the two or three thousand regulars I'd expect. Given how drastically the game has changed in the last couple months, I'd venture it's a possibility, but I'm still not holding my breath for the metamap and stuff to be the second coming.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't understand why copying PS2 and slapping warhammer 40k skins on it is so complicated. They weren't being asked to invent the wheel here.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ostensibly it isn't. The problem is that the guy who was originally in charge wanted to do it by using a tech that was unproven, and never really amounted to anything. The company that made it is pretty much dead now, and from looking around might have been basically dead when he was promising stuff. So he got the boot, and the game got refactored by the new bossman.

There's also the part where PS2 is a bad game that died for good reasons.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It's being developed by the studio behind E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (one of my five favorite games released in the last 10 years) so I'm cautiously optimistic. They've said that if this does well, we'll get an EYE sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

If I had a dollar for every time someone was "cautiously optimistic" about a pre-release MMO I'd have enough to fund my own 40k game maintain a serious drug addiction for the rest of my life.

Orv
May 4, 2011
He's talking about Deathwing, the co-op FPS thing.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Today I tried healing a dire avenger that was bleeding out. I had the bug where it was near loving impossible to target friendlies with the healing beam. And right when I gave up and was going to get him up the old fashioned way, he bled out.

This game is releasing next week.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah there's something wrong with the spell lockon hitbox, if you aim below them and to the right it works. Why? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

malhavok posted:

I don't understand why copying PS2 and slapping warhammer 40k skins on it is so complicated. They weren't being asked to invent the wheel here.

there are no games like planetside and the original planetside is over ten years old

it's probably complicated.

• Locked thread