Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mr. 47 posted:

Whatever happened with "Goon Love is the Best Love?" It sounded like a fun gimmick but, of course, it apparently went all fuckin' goony.

glitbl was what finally got Two Worlds banned, which was great/awful in itself. a goonette posted an incredibly in-depth description of how lovely he was to women in person and online, talked about how he'd send inappropriate and explicit messages to women, etc.

if I recall correctly, one Australian goonette moved to Norway for the goon she decided she was in love with, they met, they had zero chemistry, and she lived on his couch for months after that.

I... I think someone had a baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Mr. 47 posted:

Whatever happened with "Goon Love is the Best Love?" It sounded like a fun gimmick but, of course, it apparently went all fuckin' goony.

Phone posting, so no link, but it got a little rapey.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Didn't Two World's username came from his belief that there are two kinds of people - internet-dwelling goons/*chan anons/redditors and normies who don't use the net, and he was such a unique being that can freely communicate with both kinds?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah he was the loving daywalker. What a Goddamn disaster that guy was.

Two Worlds might have been Mormon, he was sure one of the wackier branches of Christianity.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
Two Worlds Dancing at a Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdnhVxEeyM

The [Encyclopedia Dramatica article](https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Two_Worlds) about him says more, and more cruelly, than I ever could.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr. 47 posted:

Two Worlds Dancing at a Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdnhVxEeyM

The [Encyclopedia Dramatica article](https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Two_Worlds) about him says more, and more cruelly, than I ever could.

Plus this never fails to make me laugh:

quote:

Printouts of these LiveJournals are kept with him. These are probably his most prized possessions. When he moved out of his mother's house, the print outs needed to be moved as well. He instructed his family to cover every mirror in the house, including reflective surfaces like TVs. Afterwards, he instructed them to turn their backs to the house and not look until he gave the all clear. The printouts of his LiveJournal have the same power of the arc of the covenant. Even the comic book character The Watcher was present for the momentus event of Ariel moving the printouts and finally moving out of his mother's house.

"Moooom, cover every reflective surface, lest these printouts of my LiveJournal infect this world!"

"Whatever, honey...just forget where you used to live, okay, per our agreement? NEVER CALL ME AGAIN!"

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Plus this never fails to make me laugh:

"Moooom, cover every reflective surface, lest these printouts of my LiveJournal infect this world!"

"Whatever, honey...just forget where you used to live, okay, per our agreement? NEVER CALL ME AGAIN!"

Two worlds texted some guy he hadn't talked to in like 15 years to let him know he got laid. He either was obsessed with or hated Lutheran girls, I don't remember, he had some sort of beep boop robot thing he decided about them.

Another good one was the Master Plan which took place either right before or right after GLITBL. I remember AfroSpatula and his free hugs sign, some chick wrote an acoustic album about Billy Mays, someone made a shot for shot remake of the Dirty Cowboy, someone got a Chumbawumba [sic] tattoo, there was a painting of Warren Buffett as a champion of American capitalism which was shipped to his office, and a stripper/goon pizza party which seemed as awkward as it sounded. One of the pictures from the pizza party featured someone's car with the Hawaii license plate "GOATSE". I think stripper goon got permabanned for failing a Toxx clause in tflc.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

quote:

Printouts of these LiveJournals are kept with him. These are probably his most prized possessions. When he moved out of his mother's house, the print outs needed to be moved as well. He instructed his family to cover every mirror in the house, including reflective surfaces like TVs. Afterwards, he instructed them to turn their backs to the house and not look until he gave the all clear. The printouts of his LiveJournal have the same power of the arc of the covenant. Even the comic book character The Watcher was present for the momentus event of Ariel moving the printouts and finally moving out of his mother's house.

takin a page out of uli's book, nice

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also one of the funniest things about Two Worlds was that there was very little internet detective stuff happening, he was very forthcoming and volunteered most of this information freely to goons

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody post his explanation of why he's called Two Worlds, because I love it.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]
I heard y'all were talking about Two Worlds so I thought I'd share. Back in 2010, I was pretty close friends with someone who I later found out talked with Ariel (Two Worlds) a lot. I assume he was part of some long con to get close to him in order to later troll the ever-loving gently caress out of him with a few other people on SA.

My friend used to like to annoy me by adding Ariel to our skype calls. He was always awkward as gently caress but seemed harmless. At one point and without my knowledge, my lovely friend convinced Ariel that I wanted to meet him and let him piss on me. He got very excited and I had to let him down very awkwardly in the next group skype call. Anyways, I don't really have any other good stories, but I still have a link to a few calls that my friend and his group of friends recorded during their group skype calls with Ariel. If anyone's interested, here they are :munch:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FactsAreUseless posted:

Somebody post his explanation of why he's called Two Worlds, because I love it.

from the above posted internet wiki thing

"That's what my life has always been about--contrast, and with it, conflict. Light and darkness. Good and evil. The eternal spiritual battle. I walk freely between the two worlds. And because of it...I consist entirely of opposites, always struggling within me." -Two Worlds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extra stout posted:

from the above posted internet wiki thing

"That's what my life has always been about--contrast, and with it, conflict. Light and darkness. Good and evil. The eternal spiritual battle. I walk freely between the two worlds. And because of it...I consist entirely of opposites, always struggling within me." -Two Worlds
Yes. Yes! Thank you.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
two worlds purportedly had a small and malformed dick. someone who knew him posted something about his fear that one of his students might see him at a drugstore buying "small penis condoms" so he wanted to gently caress bareback instead because that's the only solution he could think of. just an fyi.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why do guys with small weird dicks talk about it so drat much? Some kind of humiliation fetish?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

two forty posted:

two worlds purportedly had a small and malformed dick. someone who knew him posted something about his fear that one of his students might see him at a drugstore buying "small penis condoms" so he wanted to gently caress bareback instead because that's the only solution he could think of. just an fyi.

the eternal spiritual battle of light and darkness confused his mind so much that as a guy who spent 90 percent of his life on the internet, he did not consider buying condoms online

he also had 10 years of promising people he would lose his virginity to do this, so he could have even accepted media mail shipping

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

jennyinstereo posted:

I heard y'all were talking about Two Worlds so I thought I'd share. Back in 2010, I was pretty close friends with someone who I later found out talked with Ariel (Two Worlds) a lot. I assume he was part of some long con to get close to him in order to later troll the ever-loving gently caress out of him with a few other people on SA.

My friend used to like to annoy me by adding Ariel to our skype calls. He was always awkward as gently caress but seemed harmless. At one point and without my knowledge, my lovely friend convinced Ariel that I wanted to meet him and let him piss on me. He got very excited and I had to let him down very awkwardly in the next group skype call. Anyways, I don't really have any other good stories, but I still have a link to a few calls that my friend and his group of friends recorded during their group skype calls with Ariel. If anyone's interested, here they are :munch:

Holy moley.

That dude needs some serious counseling.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I don't remember reading this one in the thread, but Roman TimeCube guy.

He tried to come up for an explanation for those weird roman artifacts that nobody really knows what they were for, and of course it was a revolutionary way only he understood that was 10x more complicated than any reasonable explanation.

He used to come to GBS and get poo poo all over for designing a tank of water you submerge things in to scan them because it was complicated, didn't work and if it did work it would have been inferior to other methods of scanning.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

the thing i never understood is why his teeth were BRIGHT yellow, like a cartoon character

but yea serious mental issues :(

im FB friends with ullililliliaia and its much sadder now because he fully realizes what a horrid wreck his life is and desperately wants to escape north dakota (like anyone in his shoes would). he doesn't even enjoy video games anymore.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
A loose female acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could print something on the computer for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She sends me this file and lo and behold I can't open it. It's made in Microsoft Publisher and I don't have that program so I begin panicing, trying to find this program or a way to print the file. Scouring the internet yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my room.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my printer about 2miles to her house, print out the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the printing job (which was hefty), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the girl to finish this work so they could go to the mall.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking printer in hand. The only thing that I got out of this were some very painful fingers and a "thanks" as I walked out her bedroom door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

e. just noticed this was already on page 13, but it's so great it deserves to be posted twice

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

im FB friends with ullililliliaia and its much sadder now because he fully realizes what a horrid wreck his life is and desperately wants to escape north dakota (like anyone in his shoes would). he doesn't even enjoy video games anymore.

Same. It's like "up all night crying I hate my life " posts :(

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Whatever happened to the ouya? That was a good thread around the time the Bitcoin thread was good too but it seems to have disappeared. Not strictly an SA saga but gently caress it.
Does anyone remember a guy trying to start an SA offshoot, I think it was called fuckingcool forums, and the last I remember there were lots of lovely flash games and he was literally paying people for their high scores. Did that actually happen?

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Doug Sisk posted:

Whatever happened to the ouya? That was a good thread around the time the Bitcoin thread was good too but it seems to have disappeared. Not strictly an SA saga but gently caress it.
Does anyone remember a guy trying to start an SA offshoot, I think it was called fuckingcool forums, and the last I remember there were lots of lovely flash games and he was literally paying people for their high scores. Did that actually happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
my humble bundle account has an ouya copy of broken age that will never get redeemed at this point, unless i can somehow find the one person who bought an ouya but doesn't have broken age for it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Man that was a good retrospective video.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

drat that's good. It's like a sneak peak to the future of star citizen, where it slowly fades away as a failure.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

'I spent over 9 years of my life on this animation'

First reply...

Travis343 posted:

Maybe you should have spent 10

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

i'm stealing this to post in the schadenfreude thread

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

He tried to come up for an explanation for those weird roman artifacts that nobody really knows what they were for, and of course it was a revolutionary way only he understood that was 10x more complicated than any reasonable explanation.

He used to come to GBS and get poo poo all over for designing a tank of water you submerge things in to scan them because it was complicated, didn't work and if it did work it would have been inferior to other methods of scanning.
I don't know if this is related to ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT but that's all I can think of.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

sinking belle posted:

I don't know if this is related to ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT but that's all I can think of.

I never knew the story behind that custom title, and I was afraid to ask. The truth could never measure up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Schwarzwald posted:

I never knew the story behind that custom title, and I was afraid to ask. The truth could never measure up.

As it was related to me some ages ago, it was from a very serious, historically accurate tabletop game set in ancient Rome and this guy kept trying to stealth make his character a robot. Like he kept asking about what materials would have been available to them and if they could have theoretically built some kind of steam powered automaton, that to our eyes, might seem like what we, today, would call a robot. And eventually the gm got so fed up with it that he got that famous redtext.

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

Doug Sisk posted:

drat that's good. It's like a sneak peak to the future of star citizen, where it slowly fades away as a failure.

who was that idiot that defended this dumb console to death and said it was half as successful as the original PlayStation? that was loving hilarious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

njark posted:

who was that idiot that defended this dumb console to death and said it was half as successful as the original PlayStation? that was loving hilarious.

XboxPants, I believe.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Say Nothing posted:

'I spent over 9 years of my life on this animation'

he's now claiming to be a vilepilot rereg. this poo poo either legit or a fuckin' masterful troll.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

This kinda sucks to hear.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

njark posted:

The Playstation was released and people bought it, the Ouya accomplished one of those two things, one accomplishment out of two = half as successful!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

jennyinstereo posted:

:stare:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Roman Dodecahedron right? Didn't his website have pictures of his female colleague in a bikini? For science.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

It's probably been posted in this thread already but the Heroin thread in TCC was one of the craziest things I have ever seen on the internet. You just saw these peoples lives fall apart in real time. I was actually able to convince a friend not to try smack by showing it to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

FishBowlRobot posted:

Roman Dodecahedron right? Didn't his website have pictures of his female colleague in a bikini? For science.
TimeCube with Tits: Come learn about Roman Systems Engineering!

Guy believed the dodecahedrons were for crafting perfectly spherical sling bullets. somehow this went together with his :spergin: quest to eliminate small talk with personal dodecahedrons that would tell strangers you wanted to talk about rare coins, and with a drive to make STEM fields sexy, which linked to the Roman theme because something something Animal House.